Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twin Keeper Campaign (Swedish Spirit)

Default Twin Keeper Campaign (Swedish Spirit)

I'm having problems with the first level Swedish spirit. I can't attract any creatures whatsoever. No rooms even become available once you gain the first creature from the Steal hero Special, no hero parties spawn and despite me being able to find the bridge, once it's claimed you can't build it.
    I even checked the script, and the script is very complicated so I altered it slightly, but nothing works. This is in keeperFX version0.40. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Twin Keeper Campaign (Swedish Spirit)

The level plays completely different based on which creature you've stolen.
    There's a message box which explains that, kind of.

EDIT:
    I see there is too much IF conditions.
    Remove one of them and it'll work.

btw, the log file does inform about this.

I removed this:
    Code:
        IF(PLAYER_GOOD,TIMER1 >= 8000)
            ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,WEAK_PARTY1,-3,1)
        ENDIF
    Last edited by mefistotelis; July 16th, 2014 at 18:35.

Ghost

Same problem over here (4.5.0)

I've played (and finished) this campaign ones before, but now it doesn't work anymore..

There should only be Orcs, Trolls and warlocks on the map at start, so you can steal one of them. But there are also heroes on the map, I stole a giant, fairy and samurai last time I tried the map. When I did get one of the proper creatures the triggers to start the map didn't work..

I've just managed to finish the first level. God knows how I did it. It's extremely hard and the author has made it a sheer frustrating annoyance to play. There's just a constant invasion of endless Heroes. I really didn't enjoy it. I like a Challenge, but you want something to be balanced and fun as well. that was just utterly annoying. Now I'm playing the Second level 'The nameless Hero'. And I've been wiped out by heroes after about three minutes on the map. It's just impossible.

On the first level 'Swedish Spirit'. Preferably, out of the three possible creatures Troll, orc and Warlock you can obtain through the Steal Hero Special, You want to a subvert an orc. Why?

the orc automatically doubles your portal limit from 15 to 30 unlike the troll and warlock that only have a portal limit of 15.

the Orc also gives you much better choices of rooms available to build especially the scavenger room and temple.

the Orc also gives you a better range of creatures that you can attract to your dungeon such as the Bile Demon, dragon, beetle and Spider, Orc and Tentacle. Plus, what also helps is although you can't build a torture chamber to attract any mistresses, if you build a temple and sacrifice a beetle and spider you can obtain as many mistresses as you want from the sacrifice. they can really turn the tide of battle.

The Warlock and troll only offer you traps, doors and spells to research. So subvert the Orc. they also only have a portal limit of 15 and only offer one room available.

I also kept on getting heroes whenever I use the special. but if you just save your game at the start before you use it, if you get a hero reload the level and try again until you get an orc. it worked for me anyway.
    Last edited by darkkingkongman; July 23rd, 2014 at 20:35.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

I dont like such thing of "if you get a hero restart the level", maybe we can modificate it so when one of them (warlock troll orc) has been stolen is when the heroes spawn?

After looking at the script and the map itself at the beginning, they're no other Heroes at the start on the map at all whatsoever, except for 5 Orcs, 5 Trolls, and 5 Warlocks.

But after playing Dungeon Keeper for many years, I have noticed a problem with the Steal Hero Special, It also gives you a Hero out of hero parties that have not yet appeared on the map. This also applies if you use it and they're no other Heroes available on the map. I noticed this when playing 'Flower hat' from the Original Dungeon keeper Campaign. Plus the factor of what hero you get is determined entirely at random by the game. The other heroes that the Steal Hero special cannot also subvert is a Knight and the Avatar. Which is a good thing, because it would make our odds of winning to easy otherwise, so that should be left as it should.

If would be good if we could find a way to modify the hero special by giving the player a list of Heroes to choose from that are available on the map, similar to the Resurrect Creature Special. You always have to save your game beforehand when using a steal hero special, and reload it if you fail to get the correct hero that you want.

I've also reinstalled KeeperFx by downloading the latest version (4.5.0) and I've no encountered no other problems on the map while playing it. Because I've finished it. The levels script on the other hand, is very complicated. they're bits and pieces of it, some of what I can and don't understand. Despite this, luckily, I can still edit it if I Want to, because now I know more or less how to work with script commands. By the way Ecarus, are you also having any problems with this level?.
    Last edited by darkkingkongman; July 24th, 2014 at 12:25.

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    After looking at the script and the map itself at the beginning, they're no other Heroes at the start on the map at all whatsoever, except for 5 Orcs, 5 Trolls, and 5 Warlocks.
    Yes that's how it's supposed to work. But if you start the map now there are heroes on the map! Go to the mapview and if you cut it into four smaller squares than in the middle of the lower right one you can hear heroes walk. So somehow a party gets triggered before the map actually starts (when you steal one of the 3 creature types)

I also kept on getting heroes whenever I use the special. but if you just save your game at the start before you use it, if you get a hero reload the level and try again until you get an orc. it worked for me anyway.
    I also did this (did it even as a kid in DK vanilla to get a nicer hero. :P ) but it didn't trigger the new rooms somehow..

On the first level 'Swedish Spirit'. Preferably, out of the three possible creatures Troll, orc and Warlock you can obtain through the Steal Hero Special, You want to a subvert an orc.
    The Warlock is the hardest, cause gold is a problem, but with the Troll it's very easy to win the map. It's only time consuming.. I've won the map multiple times with that. Just place a ton of traps and make sure the heroes have to walk through every one of them to get to your heart. Even an Avatar will die like a fly.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

I havent installed KFX in my new computer, mainly because im busy, maybe today or tomorrow. Then i will test TK Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    Yes that's how it's supposed to work. But if you start the map now there are heroes on the map! Go to the mapview and if you cut it into four smaller squares than in the middle of the lower right one you can hear heroes walk. So somehow a party gets triggered before the map actually starts (when you steal one of the 3 creature types)
    Really? I will check that.

It looks like I wasn't clear in my answer before:

Reason of the problem was visible in log file. It is fixed in latest nightly.

Thank you for your help mefistotelis. Yes, you was perfectly clear before, I did take out the IF command like you suggested, but it didn't work in the version I had. So I reinstalled the latest version of keeperFX with the latest Nightly Build and the level runs as it should. I've finished it. no Problems.