PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Patch 1.73

thevision
September 2nd, 2009, 20:49
Hey keeperklan community!

I installed the 1.73 patch and got some problems with it.

When i try to play the campaign, i cant complete the first level cuz when the crystal is dropped nothing happens,usually horny comes to get it. But nothing.

Would be interesting if some other ppl have the same trouble too.

And i really look forward to a suitable solution how to fix that.

With many greetings, Vision.

Duke Ragereaver
September 2nd, 2009, 20:52
Hi there, as far I know this is the only downside of patch 1.73; unable to finish campaign level 1. But sadly enough it cannot be fixed untill there is a new patch which I'm afraid will not happen any time soon.

thevision
September 2nd, 2009, 21:01
Okay thanks. Thats very sad :/

Hapuga
September 2nd, 2009, 21:12
I can send you a level 2 mission save =) its continuation right after mission one. Did it on purpose, knew this bug would screw somebody's fun up.

EDIT:

Here ye go

http://www.box.net/shared/02tjx3nudh

dk2player
September 3rd, 2009, 00:13
yeah, level 1 can't be done, but level 2+ can be. It was basically used to help with the crashes and give you black knights and dark angels in level 20.

thevision
September 3rd, 2009, 10:04
Hey thats nice, gonna try it. Thanks dk2player !
Do you have a Savegame for me?

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 3rd, 2009, 12:24
Hey thats nice, gonna try it. Thanks dk2player !
Do you have a Savegame for me?

Here ye go

http://www.box.net/shared/02tjx3nudh

:)

thevision
September 3rd, 2009, 12:28
Many thanks Dark Angel :D

Ðârk Âñgêl
September 3rd, 2009, 12:55
the link came from hapuga :D
only quoted it

dk2player
September 4th, 2009, 01:53
or you could take the easy way out and cheat pass the level, like I do. ;)

thevision
September 4th, 2009, 14:44
I see that its even with the savegame not possible to go on in the campaign. even in the 2nd and 3rd level the crystal drops without happenings.

dotted
September 4th, 2009, 14:52
Use the cheat and Horny appears

thevision
September 4th, 2009, 15:03
Got It ! Thanks for every help!

:)

Greetings, Vision!

Stiekel
September 9th, 2009, 21:41
Where can you download that 1.73 patch?

Never seen or used this patch but maybe i can make a higher version that fixes the bugs and add stuff to make DK2 more stable?

nebster
September 9th, 2009, 22:39
There's a fix for this somewhere on the forum isn't there?

Madkill
September 9th, 2009, 22:59
There's a fix for this somewhere on the forum isn't there?

Yep.

Stiekel
September 15th, 2009, 15:32
Yep.

And where is that exactly? The one on the download section cant be downloaded (patch 1.73).

Hapuga
September 15th, 2009, 17:45
here.

Stiekel
September 15th, 2009, 22:50
here.

Sorry i mean the 1.73 patch :P

Krizzie
September 16th, 2009, 07:10
Cheats wont work here, I hear the rock sound but after typing nothing happends. :S

Hapuga
September 16th, 2009, 11:56
you misspell the cheat. be sure to include spaces.

dk2player
September 16th, 2009, 14:10
gotta be exact, spaces to. keep tring untill its right,

Hapuga
September 16th, 2009, 16:30
thanks for repeating my words =)

dk2player
September 16th, 2009, 22:47
Its what I do :)

dotted
September 16th, 2009, 23:00
thanks for repeating my words =)

He does have twice your post count after all

Krizzie
September 17th, 2009, 09:08
I know what I type...

I press ctrl+alt+c and hear the rock sound then I type "do not fear the reaper" and nothing happends...

Tried it with spaces, without, with an enter at the end and without, nothing happends.

dotted
September 17th, 2009, 09:22
I know what I type...

I press ctrl+alt+c and hear the rock sound then I type "do not fear the reaper" and nothing happends...

Tried it with spaces, without, with an enter at the end and without, nothing happends.

try pressing escape first so the game is paused.

Tomix
September 24th, 2009, 16:51
Is Level 1 the only level where are problems with the ending?

Hapuga
September 24th, 2009, 16:56
Yes. All others do seem to work. There is a fix for that.

Tomix
September 24th, 2009, 17:02
Is this the only problem of 1.73?

What's with the stability of the game?

Krizzie
September 24th, 2009, 17:32
Game runs fine here on Vista x64, just keep hardware acceleration off.

Cheats wont work here, pausing the game hasn't got any effect either.

This isn't new though, when I first got DK2 (somewhere in 1999) cheats didn't work either. But at a friends place they worked fine (same cd's, game version and I typed them!)

Anyway going to try the save game from level 2 maybe that works. :)

dk2player
September 24th, 2009, 20:17
keep tring the cheat, even if you have to type it slowly. Sometime when you type the cheat fast, you tend to miss a key or two, and it dowsn't work. And if you need to, go back to using 1.7

Hapuga
September 24th, 2009, 20:20
Duuuh. I fixed level one light years ago.

use da search.

Tomix
September 24th, 2009, 21:40
A another way to prevent this problem:

- patch to version 1.7

- make a copy of the files from Level 1 --> ...\Bullfrog\Dungeon Keeper 2\Data\Editor\Maps\
level1.kwd
level1Map.kld
level1Players.kld
level1Things.kld
level1Triggers.kld
level1Variables.kld

- patch to version 1.73

- overwrite the new Level 1 files with the old ones from 1.7

Stiekel
September 24th, 2009, 23:15
Can someone share this patch?

Krizzie
September 25th, 2009, 07:05
Downloaded the level 1 files, but now level 2 has the same problem. :|

Tomix
September 25th, 2009, 09:28
I'm sorry for that.

Here is a fixed version of patch 1.73. The levels should now end without any problem.

I can't upload this file in this forum. Here is the link (downloading only 10 times, anyone should upload this file in the download-section or so):

http://rapidshare.com/files/284730214/DK2_Patch.rar.html

dotted
September 25th, 2009, 10:37
I can't upload this file in this forum
Did you try?

Tomix
September 25th, 2009, 11:25
I tired with different file formats (rar, zip, 7z). I got this error:

Upload Errors
DK2_Patch.rar:
Exceeds your quota by 1.54 MB. Click here to view your attachments

Stiekel
September 25th, 2009, 11:59
Both works fine here :O

dk2player
September 25th, 2009, 13:54
well, that problem is solved. :)

dotted
September 25th, 2009, 14:50
I tired with different file formats (rar, zip, 7z). I got this error:

Upload Errors
DK2_Patch.rar:
Exceeds your quota by 1.54 MB. Click here to view your attachments

fixed

Krizzie
September 25th, 2009, 14:51
downloading it now! Hope is works! :D

Krizzie
September 28th, 2009, 17:35
Managed to get to level 17 I think it is where you get the secret doors. There horny wont come when you kill the lord of the land...

Also the first level where you have a choice with the lord of the land escaping (or the other where you have to attack is castle) is not ending properly.

dk2player
September 28th, 2009, 22:52
here, my levels work fine, except when level 11 crashes, but thats just because of to many heros

Here are my maps, just override yours, and all of them should work:
Dungeon Keeper 2's Campaing levels (http://www.box.net/shared/ddt80sz1bg)

Krizzie
September 29th, 2009, 04:43
Thanks will try it out. :)

Madkill
December 31st, 2009, 02:36
This thread should be stickied.

And then add a question mark to the end of the threads title.

xaero
January 29th, 2010, 21:47
Did you try?

Follow the links for the 1.73 patch doesn't work for me, just takes me to a blank page. Needless to say then, that I am experiences issues w/ DK2 (I got DK working in a dosbox just fine, just can't go full screen, graphics go all wonky on me) in Vista/x32, Vista/x64 and W7/x64. I tried adjusting the compatibility settings, tried the compatibility program from M$ and tried in a VirtualBox VM of 2000 Pro. I can get the game to run, speed isn't an issue, the issue is I can *only* see the menu, when I go to select anything to start a map, I just get a black screen, can't see my dungeon at all. I can get the game to run and display correctly in my VB/VM, but the mouse is all wonky (only in the game) like it's uBer sensitive. very difficult to navigate that way.

xaero
January 29th, 2010, 21:50
Oh and when I try and disable hardware acceleration, it doesn't stay.

Purewolfie
January 29th, 2010, 21:53
Oh and when I try and disable hardware acceleration, it doesn't stay.

Disable it, start a game, then exit, it will keep the settings, it did for me anyway :)

Now I cant get it running due to 1.8.. might just forget it :(

xaero
January 29th, 2010, 21:58
Disable it, start a game, then exit, it will keep the settings, it did for me anyway :)

Now I cant get it running due to 1.8.. might just forget it :(

I can't see the map to start a game.... there is a 1.8 patch? I still haven't gotten 1.73.... all the links for it don't feed me a file, just a blank page.

xaero
January 29th, 2010, 22:03
I can't see the map to start a game.... there is a 1.8 patch? I still haven't gotten 1.73.... all the links for it don't feed me a file, just a blank page.

Well whata ya know! I took a guess at where the first zone was and started a map, incidentally the game crashed at this point, but when I restarted it, I had the background textures.... I'm still curious where I can find this patch past 1.70....

xaero
January 29th, 2010, 22:05
Well this sucks now .... I ca select the first zone, awknoledge the objectives and when the zone goes to actually load, the game crashes.

Purewolfie
January 29th, 2010, 22:49
Well this sucks now .... I ca select the first zone, awknoledge the objectives and when the zone goes to actually load, the game crashes.

Officially done with DK2 now, pissed off with the random crashes clicking on a god damn tool tip on the bottom crashes it for god sake! :(

I have 2 rigs to play it on, one old.. with windows 98 on, for my older games, they all run fine appart from DK2.. my main rig with windows 7, no chance with DK2, still crashes in dumbass places.

I have to question the stability of the engine of which the game runs on, more so when the FIRST DK runs better then the SECOND, largely thanks to Keeperfx n that part.

I expect to have a few problems with a old game, but nothing to this extent, you must either really love DK or be completely stupid to waste time making this game run on a stable enviroment. I remember playing it on release day and it ran like a dream, the same type of hardware in a machine and it falls over itself in this day and age!

Only reason I still try it because it is a bloody amazing game, and I loved DK from day one.. but really am getting fed up with this now, starting to give up the ghost so to speak :(

Philipp
October 2nd, 2010, 14:11
Hello fellow keeper,

first of all, I'm very glad to have found this nice forum, since i just started to fell in love with dk1 & dk2 again after a long time of abstince.

Maybe it's interesting to know, that dk2(1.73, winxp) always crashed in level3. Now running with compability mode for win98/me and using these parameters: -softwarefilter -32bittextures -32bitdisplay i could complete level3.

The problem is, that in no level, the horny comes to collect the gem, not just in level1, but in all levels to lvl4 now and I think it will continue like this.

Allthough I can get through this with using the cheat(do not fear the reaper), it's a little bit annoying and disturbes the game fluency a bit.

Any solutions already?

Sorry for my little broken English, german user right here :)

Hapuga
October 2nd, 2010, 15:35
Looks like whoever made that fix has broken all the levels of the original game. Why do people keep "fixing" what is working well already... I remember I made a fix for level 1 and 16 somewhere... I never heard that other levels would be broken too. So here's what you have to do:

You basically need a full original map archive. If I get home not too late, I will send it to you. If not, I hope someone from the guys out here will provide you with it

Xcel
January 28th, 2011, 07:03
Hi there!

I'm having difficulty downloading the level 1 fix, is there another link availale?
As I also have the annoying bug at the end of level 1 where Horny doesn't collect the gem.

Thank you! :D

crippler69
March 22nd, 2011, 06:38
Hi there,

I have pactched 1.73 but seem to be having problems with the game. The campaign does not start at all. When i click on new campaign, it loads the map but all i see is the hand and the rest of the map is blacked out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

00Sblur
April 30th, 2011, 23:38
I installed this patch, and it screwed up all my graphics. Everything in the game looks like it was made for a SNES. Uninstalled DKII, deleted installation directory, reinstalled DKII, applied OFFICIAL patches, graphics are still crappy, thanks to this patch.

How do I uninstall this patch? I'd very much like an answer ASAP, thank you.

DragonsLover
May 1st, 2011, 21:18
You must play into the Windows registry. Here's the solution I wrote into another post:

To do so, run "Run..." (Windows + R keys), enter regedit in the bar and press enter. Then, go to this address:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>> Software >>> Bullfrog Productions Ltd >>> Dungeon Keeper II >>> Configuration >>> Video

Locate "StippleAlpha", double-click on it and change 1 to 0.

00Sblur
May 1st, 2011, 22:35
You must play into the Windows registry. Here's the solution I wrote into another post:

Fixed my problem completely. Thank you very much :)
I PM'd the uploader of the patch on here a similar message to the one included in my previous post, and his entire reply consisted of "I'm not tech support"...
So, again, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

DragonsLover
May 2nd, 2011, 12:12
No problem. :) I you have any other problems, don't hesitate to post.

00Sblur
May 2nd, 2011, 19:54
No problem. :) I you have any other problems, don't hesitate to post.

Again, thank you very much! (:

psycopath
May 5th, 2011, 18:02
Hmm... Not even replacing the first level makes horny come, and download the save leads me to level 3 and horny still doesn't come. Maybe try 1.8 patch???

I can cheat, but, I'd rather prefer if the game worked the way it should.

DragonsLover
May 6th, 2011, 00:18
Try reinstalling the game, but this time without 1.73 patch.

low-profyle
May 19th, 2011, 14:03
I have just installed patch 1.73 as I wanted to be able to get Dark Angels and Knights on level 19 (with the 3 princes). I still cannot attract either, do I have to restart the campaign?

DragonsLover
May 19th, 2011, 16:27
This is surely the case of "creature boycotting" bug. There's an unofficial patch (http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=79&func=fileinfo&id=65) about that.

Brando3733
November 2nd, 2011, 05:19
I'm having the same problem,don't mean to revive old post if it's not allowed but figured it's better then starting a whole new thread for the same problem.Anyways is there anyway around completing the first map without having to download the save game? another thing I wanted to mention is what is with the shadow lines around the creatures and their resting spots in the lair? I also have this neon green box pop up in the middle of the screen when I go to the map,really annoying since it gets in the way of the tunneled out parts of the map,anyone know what this is? any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

DragonsLover
November 2nd, 2011, 16:21
For the first problem, try reverting back to the normal unpatched version 1.7.
For the shadow lines, I don't understand what do you mean.
For the "neon box" on the map screen, you have to play with the command lines until it goes out. Do you use command lines?

Bj007pro
July 3rd, 2013, 07:01
or you could take the easy way out and cheat pass the level, like I do. ;)

Thats what suckers do, like you...

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/178935/Smiley%20=D.png

Metal Gear Rex
July 3rd, 2013, 07:04
Thats what sucker do, like you...

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/178935/Smiley%20=D.png

You really need to learn to not necropost, especially not so frequently. Not only is this thread nearly 2 years old, the post you're replying to is nearly 4 years old. The user in question isn't even around anymore. Seriously.

Mothrayas
July 3rd, 2013, 10:22
Besides that, the only thing worse than making a spam post with a troll image is making a spam post with a troll image that still has a watermark/link on it. What a ripoff.

Metal Gear Rex
July 3rd, 2013, 10:29
Somebody's going to sue him now.