PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Keeper Properties

Heineken
May 19th, 2010, 17:23
So I wanted to make a map to play in multiplayer with a few friends but editing the keeper properties does not seem to work.
I can change them inside the editor without any problems but when playing the map the game uses the standard settings.
The only thing i did in the editor is changing the properties and ticking skirmish/multiplayer in the level variables section.
Do I have to do anything else or should the cahnges work by now?
Does anyone have the same prolems?
Help would be much appreciated.

Oh yeah I'm using DK 1.7 and and the "About DKII Editor" tells me it's 2.0

DragonsLover
May 20th, 2010, 01:40
Hello Heineken and welcome to Keeper Klan's forum! :)

Unfortunately, modifying the Keeper properties seems to only be reserved for single player games. You can't modify the AI of the enemy Keepers for Multiplayer games. If you want the enemy Keepers to have a better AI, you apparently must use an older version of Dungeon Keeper 2 (like 1.3 or 1.51).

This sucks, I know, but it seems that it has been decided that way...

However, if you wanna play a Skirmish level (not Multiplayer) with modified AI, you can do it by using the -Level commandline to run the level straight without passing through the enemy Keepers AI selection screen. The only downside: enemy non-computer players won't die at the beginning of the level.

Heineken
May 20th, 2010, 12:21
Hello Heineken and welcome to Keeper Klan's forum! :)

Thanks :) It's nice to see a DK community that is still active these days.

Is it only the AI that can't be changed? Because I just wanted to make bridges and salamanders/fireflies unavailable. Guess I should have pointed that out.

This is the center of said map. Nothing special really I only spent about 10 minutes making it, but bridges pretty much ruin it.

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/centerj.jpg/

natchoguy
May 21st, 2010, 02:30
check out meincookiie's maps, they are awesome

Metal Gear Rex
May 21st, 2010, 06:36
check out meincookiie's maps, they are awesome

What does that have to do with this? Don't spam, seriously.

Hello and welcome Heineken.

DragonsLover
May 21st, 2010, 06:36
Is it only the AI that can't be changed? Because I just wanted to make bridges and salamanders/fireflies unavailable. Guess I should have pointed that out.

You can set Salamanders, Fireflies and Bridges to be unavailable in a Multiplayer game. Just modify the Keeper's properties and put 0 Salamanders and Fireflies in the pool of every Keeper. You can also change the properties of the map right in the game. Just below the map thumbnail, you have "Game parameters", click this button and set the Salamanders, Fireflies and Bridges to 0.

Heineken
May 21st, 2010, 10:31
You can set Salamanders, Fireflies and Bridges to be unavailable in a Multiplayer game. Just modify the Keeper's properties and put 0 Salamanders and Fireflies in the pool of every Keeper.

That's what I did. Strange it doesn't work. Anyway.

You can also change the properties of the map right in the game. Just below the map thumbnail, you have "Game parameters", click this button and set the Salamanders, Fireflies and Bridges to 0.

I totally forgot about this. I used this a lot actually. Thanks for reminding me :D