PDA

View Full Version : Self Sacrificing

Heineken
May 23rd, 2010, 12:22
This has happened quite a few times to me. I was just scrolling around, watching my underground kingdom, and suddenly the mentor tells me that the gods accepted my sacrifice. What sacrifice? I had no idea.
When this first happened I thought it may be a bug or something and forgot about it quickly. But every once in a while something kept falling in my temple pool.
I scrolled to the temple and saw a wizard kneeling right next to the hand in the center of my temple. For some reason he must have jumped (or been pushed) in the pool. I figured that after a while he would just be sacrificed.

Is there any way to prevent this? I can't let my precious vampires (yeah who cares about wizards) near a place which is that dangerous. Currently I lock my bigger temples and for praying purposes I build temples without a pool.

Stiekel
May 23rd, 2010, 14:00
Yes thats a nasty bug. To avoid it as much as possible you can build the temple as follow:

x = temple as 5 by 5
a = extension of the temple

aaa
xxxxx
axxxxxa
axxxxxa
axxxxxa
xxxxx
aaa

or:

a
aaa
xxxxx
axxxxxa
aaxxxxxaa
axxxxxa
xxxxx
aaa
a

Try it out :)

Oke it seems this forum does not support space nor a tab, i will post a screen later on.

Mothrayas
May 23rd, 2010, 14:09
Oke it seems this forum does not support space nor a tab, i will post a screen later on.

You can use
tags for that:

[code]
aaa
xxxxx
axxxxxa
axxxxxa
axxxxxa
xxxxx
aaa

a
aaa
xxxxx
axxxxxa
aaxxxxxaa
axxxxxa
xxxxx
aaa
a

Stiekel
May 23rd, 2010, 14:31
Ah thanks. BTW the second temple layout works the best.

Zhampir
May 24th, 2010, 00:34
heh heh. Suicidal Wizards...

dk2player
May 24th, 2010, 01:18
Or you could just sell the middle tile of the temple after you have your 2 dark angels.

Madkill
May 24th, 2010, 01:44
Its what happens when you order your minions to jump up and down, it causes imps to do 'the ears' which freaks wizards (and most other creatures) out which will cause most creatures to leap far into the pool.

Make sure to slap those imps, the pesky little mites!

Metal Gear Rex
May 24th, 2010, 03:22
heh heh. Suicidal Wizards...

Annoying bug where creatures slide into the Temple and sacrifice themselves. For WftO, I believe the DK1 design works best as it avoided that problem.

Anyone who prays is at risk. But that usually means Fairies, Monks, Wizards, Warlocks, and Vampires (Who after hating the Gods so much that they poisoned the Temple waters, they are now bowing down to them... what the hell happened in Dungeon Keeper 1.5?)

Also Skeletons for those who know that mana trick, but I beleive they never move so no problem there.

I'll bet the problem is when creatures move around in the Temple, and the collision with the meshes pushes them into the Temple.

Zhampir
May 24th, 2010, 03:43
ahh, well... I only use skeletons in DK2... besides that my game crashes every 40min like clockwork, and I couldn't get 1.7 to work...

also mission 16 is bugged for me... i play it, beat it, then it tells me to play it again. oh, and skips mission 15.

anyways, just use skeles I've never had a problem with them.

Heineken
May 24th, 2010, 12:24
Cool thanks Stiekel. I'll try it out.
Now for the skeletons. It seems that bullfrog has become aware of that since they produce practically no mana in 1.7 anymore. I used that trick everytime when 1.3 still worked. But now a wizard who eats and sleeps in between is more effective.

Metal Gear Rex
May 24th, 2010, 12:42
Cool thanks Stiekel. I'll try it out.
Now for the skeletons. It seems that bullfrog has become aware of that since they produce practically no mana in 1.7 anymore. I used that trick everytime when 1.3 still worked. But now a wizard who eats and sleeps in between is more effective.

4 Skeletons equal 1 Wizard. Skeletons generate 30 mana.

They may have been aware of it from the beginning and set this next thing up:

All levels except Level 4, does Mana generated by Prayer equal 100% of Level 1. Level 4 has 25%, meaning the Skeleton gains not 30 but 7.5 instead (Or 7 as there is no decimals)

And Skeletons like to train to Level 4, and normally you don't use them in the Combat Pit. (And they don't last more than 3 seconds in battle) So I suppose it was intended as a way to stop Skeleton mana generation.

To partially get around this, don't train them to Level 4. :) (Or train them past it)

ragegun
October 4th, 2010, 04:00
the reason it happens is that every now and again wizards get horribly depressed since you lock them in the temple after a while they decide they rather die than continue to pray so they jump into the pool to counter this trait place these individuals in a temple together sure they'll still kill themselves but on the bright side the dark gods will give you a new creature to push to suicide. or maybe a crate of mana so you don't have to force monks to pray against their will

juderiverman
October 6th, 2010, 04:09
Or you could just sell the middle tile of the temple after you have your 2 dark angels.

a solution indeed.

d4rklqrdnem3sys
October 12th, 2010, 16:02
There was something that I noticed!! I am using 1.7 and usually the creatures that fall into the water are thinkers and some support units.
Creatures that I noticed falling into the pool are:
thinkers:
WIZARD most of the time
Warlock
Monk
Vampire
support:
Elven Archer
and strangely:
the Thief.
Now mesh collision sound like a good explanation but how do you explain my experiences? :D

Hehe, the nice little Salamander never fails on me.

calvin
October 23rd, 2010, 12:31
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/calvindeanbeith/NewBitmapImage22.jpg?t=1287833486