PDA

View Full Version : Your Majesty Horned Reaper

Skaruts
May 25th, 2010, 04:02
I always loved this creature, perhaps like all of us, but I always had many problems with it.

All the times I played through this game I never had much problems, since I always kept horny's in their own space with 1 Training Room, 1 temple, 1 Hatchery, 1 treasure room and 1 lair, all for Your Majesty.

But I want to know more about this amazingly unstable creature. This is some conclusions I got from him:

I know I can't slap him, or he'll go angry. When he gets angry he goes berserk.
But even if I don't slap him he's pretty easy to go berserk. One flaw and that's it. And after he's gone berserk once, usually there's no turning back. Even if he's not angry anymore, he'll attack my own creatures if he has done it before.

I'd like you guys to tell me stuff about this fella, I don't know exactly what questions to ask, but I can start with this one:

Is there a way to make him stop attacking my own creatures after he's done once? (There's no way he could be in theme hospital without attacking all the ppl in there :D)

Duke Ragereaver
May 25th, 2010, 08:40
No, there is no way to ever calm the Horned Reaper ever again when he flies into an unstoppable rage. But the Must Obey spell does prevent him from going that state but it won't prevent him from attacking allies.

Skaruts
May 25th, 2010, 08:57
lol
Well it's one of the reasons he's the most unique creature I ever seen in a game...

Skaruts
May 25th, 2010, 19:26
aah, found this in a FAQ/Walkthruogh (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197183-dungeon-keeper/faqs/51488)
Pretty much detailed.

Horned Reaper
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lvl 10 stats Abilities Other
------------- ----------------- ---------------------------------
HP: 8300 Attack (1) Training Cost: 150
ATK: 622 Speed (5) Scavenge Cost: 30
ARM: 70 Slow (10) Natural enemy: -
LCK: 30 Slaps to kill: 80
SKL: 290 Eat #chickens: 4
DEX: 644 Lair Size: 2
Reward: 3942 Job: Kill. Anything!
Be it friend or foe

Traits
------
-Immune to lava
-Physically the strongest creature
(equal to the Avatar and much stronger than the Knight)
-Good at scavenging, otherwise performs poor in any job or task
-Cannot manufacture
-Cannot form groups in the Barracks
-Extremely easy to annoy (never ever slap him or do bad things)
-Goes psychotic, when angry kills anything in his path

As noted by the list above Horned Reapers aren't good in any
particular job. In fact if it wasn't for his incredible stamina and
strength you're better off without them! Horned Reapers are only good
for one thing: fighting. They can take out any creature/hero even at
much higher levels in one-on-one combat. Things become more
complicated, when the enemy attacks in groups. Horned Reapers don't
have any magical protection or anything leaving them vulnerable to
Freeze or his own rebounded Slow spell.

To get hold of this killer machine you need to sacrifice these
creatures in the Temple fountain (3x3 temple or bigger):

1 Bile Demon + 1 Dark Mistress + 1 Troll.

The level of the returned Horny will be something like the average of
the three, but this may differ a bit. As everybody knows Horned
Reapers are annoyed by anything. Eating, researching, sleeping, doing
nothing, picking them up while they're sleeping, being held in your
Keeper hand for too long. There are only three things to my knowledge
that will make a Horned Reaper happy:

-Give him some money
(only works if he's not yet psycho)

-Let him walk around the Temple fountain
(it takes time before they cool down)

-Death; Have him fight or stand on dead creatures
(it doesn't matter whether they are friends or foes)

If you have a Temple simply place them there at all time, and the
Reapers cause you no trouble at all. Simple! Otherwise you don't need
to take any drastic measures like separating them like I hear so much
about. They can live together with other monsters just any other
creature, but you need to make sure to give them as little as 10 gold,
when you hear the message: "Your creatures are getting angry!". If
you give them any quantity of gold before they go psycho nothing will
happen. It has always worked for me, so it should work for you too.
Otherwise activate the "Must Obey" spell and the Reapers won't go
berserk, but as soon as the spell is retracted and they are still
annoyed they go psycho nonetheless! "Must Obey" only prevents them
(or any other creature for that matter) from actually doing bad
things.

Furthermore, like said in the traits they're terrible at anything
that doesn't involve fighting so you better keep your Bile Demon,
Mistress and Troll, until research is completed. Sacrifice them
afterwards, when they all reached high levels to get a high leveled
Reaper in return. This is cheaper than having him train. Hornies cost
150 gold to train and they're slow at that, whereas the other three
cost: 38 + 24 + 12 = 74 to train. The same can be said about the wage.
Wait with the sacrifice, until you're almost ready to do combat. Also
a "Resurrect Creature" special might allow you to get one of the
original creatures back...

Krizzie
May 25th, 2010, 23:11
Horny can do research, not fast but he can do it!

Skaruts
May 25th, 2010, 23:30
Yup. He's got a pea-brain... but he can still do 2+2 ;)

Metal Gear Rex
May 26th, 2010, 00:18
Yup. He's got a pea-brain... but he can still do 2+2 ;)

:horny:: T...two... plus... two... ah screw it, KIIILLL! *Kills nearest Imp*

Once you discover the secret, he becomes really easy... and there's even an exploit to make him cheap!

Although when I go to the Deeper Dungeons maps, I never use those exploits to make it more challanging. Hell I never even have more than one reaper at a time to make it fair.

In level 9, when he was introduced, you needed only three of them at level 2 to own everything on the map all at once... amazing.

Although he's not supposed to be usable with the barracks grouping, I think there was a bug in my first installment where he could. It was weird, but I had a group of Hornies running around. It was funny and scary at the same time!

However after I installed the editor, problems occurred (Like seeing text around the screen where they shouldn't be, and the text messages themselves were all unreadable or blank) which forced me to reinstall... after that this was fixed... it was pretty cool though.

DragonsLover
May 26th, 2010, 04:53
Once :horny: goes Berserk, then you're in trouble and once it occurs, then NOW you have to build a separate mini-dungeon for him with the rooms you mentioned. Even if you give him gold to cheer him up, he will still be psycho and kill your creatures. This is, in fact, a bug of the game that should be fixed, and it doesn't only apply to :horny:.

But the Must Obey spell does prevent him from going that state but it won't prevent him from attacking allies.

Are you sure? The only things I know about the Must Obey spell is that creatures walk and work faster and they don't sleep in their Lairs when you assigned them a job (I guess). I don't see how it would prevent creatures to become annoyed and angry.

As everybody knows Horned
Reapers are annoyed by anything. Eating, researching, sleeping, doing
nothing, picking them up while they're sleeping, being held in your
Keeper hand for too long.Eating, sleeping and being held in your Keeper hand for too long annoy the Horned Reapers, that's true, but researching, doing nothing (impossible: creatures always do something, unless the author means when the creature is unable to reach his destination, but still...), picking up while they're sleeping (doesn't work, I mean the anger points being applied) are ineffective.

There are only three things to my knowledge
that will make a Horned Reaper happy:

-Give him some money
(only works if he's not yet psycho)

-Let him walk around the Temple fountain
(it takes time before they cool down)

-Death; Have him fight or stand on dead creatures
(it doesn't matter whether they are friends or foes)Giving money is probably the best thing ever to do. First, by doing that, you avoid them to go get their high paydays money and thus, you save a good amount of gold. Second, their happiness is maxed out.

Putting them around the Temple pool increases their happiness like almost all creatures.

They become happier on dead corpses too, that's true, but it doesn't occur often as most of the time, they aren't standing on a corpse.

Let me also add that, instead of keeping them happy, you can avoid their happiness to decrease. To do so, THEY HAVE TO BE BUSY. Training, researching, being on a guard post and scavenging are jobs the Horned Reapers can do. By doing those tasks, their happiness will stand still, but beware: at a certain time, they will become annoyed because they still have to eat chickens continuously. Once you see a pop-up telling you that a creature has become unhappy, just give 'em money and you're done.

Duke Ragereaver
May 26th, 2010, 07:25
Are you sure? The only things I know about the Must Obey spell is that creatures walk and work faster and they don't sleep in their Lairs when you assigned them a job (I guess). I don't see how it would prevent creatures to become annoyed and angry.

Either it works or my Horned Reapers have showed some remarkable self-restraint. :p Actually it doesn't prevent Creatures from becomming angry, it just stops them from doing bad things, however. But if Must Obey is activated after Horny went beserk he will attack allies anyway.

Krizzie
May 26th, 2010, 08:23
Must obey, slows the angryness process down by a big time.

Just let him idle without Obey and with and see the result.

Skaruts
May 26th, 2010, 17:43
Yea sometimes he's happpy for long time. Just a few days ago I was playing deeper dungeons and the reaper was happy for a long time. Had almost no trouble with him, untill when I got careless and the money went out, the advisor said "you cannot aford to train creatures" and then said "it's payday"...

poor old reaper just started crying... and killing...

Metal Gear Rex
May 26th, 2010, 17:55
Yea sometimes he's happpy for long time. Just a few days ago I was playing deeper dungeons and the reaper was happy for a long time. Had almost no trouble with him, untill when I got careless and the money went out, the advisor said "you cannot aford to train creatures" and then said "it's payday"...

Hah! I know that feeling! XD

Mothrayas
May 26th, 2010, 17:56

Lol, I once got that as well. Worse, it was a level 10 reaper I transferred into Dixaroc.

Metal Gear Rex
May 26th, 2010, 18:18
Lol, I once got that as well. Worse, it was a level 10 reaper I transferred into Dixaroc.

*Gasp* Cheater! D:

Dixaroc is the spider one right? In that level, you NEED everything or you may die... D:

Mothrayas
May 26th, 2010, 18:20
Yes, that one. Having a berserk Horny running around in your dungeon makes keeping your creatures alive that much harder.

Metal Gear Rex
May 26th, 2010, 18:39
Yes, that one. Having a berserk Horny running around in your dungeon makes keeping your creatures alive that much harder.

It's funny because you don't get a Portal so you can't sack him! :horny:

kyle
May 26th, 2010, 18:41
I never sack my horny <3

Combat-Enforcer
July 22nd, 2010, 17:40
I thought you could cure him by throwing him in the temple, or standing ontop of the corpse of a hero while posessing him?

Doesn't that cool him off eventually?

Duke Ragereaver
July 23rd, 2010, 08:48
Yea, besides the temple and giving him gold the only other way to brighten a Horned Reaper's day is to stand on top of a corpse (both friend or enemy for that matter..) or when he's killing enemies.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure of the latter because I have seen times his happiness does not increase at all after slaying an enemy.

Necror
July 23rd, 2010, 09:46
I always give my reapers a private dungeon, that way they never attack anyone, except if i let them.