PDA

View Full Version : How to compile source code from SVN

LMjai
May 25th, 2010, 20:45
How can I compile this? I installed MinGW and downloaded the r80 from the checkout on google code using tortoiseSVN. I don't know what to do next.

Edit: I'm asking for help here because I want to play in the last revision, if you don't have anything constructive to say please just don't answer.

dotted
May 25th, 2010, 20:47
How can I compile this? I installed MinGW and downloaded the r80 from the checkout on google code using tortoiseSVN. I don't know what to do next.

Use the pre-compiled releases.

mefistotelis
May 25th, 2010, 21:09
Open console window, go to the projects directory (where "Makefile" is) and type: "mingw32-make all". Resulting files will be placed in "bin" folder.

Overwrite the files from "bin" and all .CFG files in downloaded "complete version" and you're done.

LMjai
May 26th, 2010, 00:24
I think I need more than minGW to compile the keeperFX, it gives me this error:
'Rebuilding DLL export table from: lib/keeper95_gold.dll'
./peresec/bin/peresec.exe -o"bin/keeperfx.dll" --def "./lib/keeperfx.def" -p"_DK
_" "lib/keeper95_gold.dll"
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
mingw32-make: *** [bin/keeperfx.dll] Error 1

I tried installing VS2008pro, dxSDK and windowsSDK and rechecked the PATH stuff in environment settings but can't get it to work.

mefistotelis
May 26th, 2010, 16:40
No, you don't need anything more.

Your system seems to not understand the "./" phrase. This phrase really doesn't change anything, so you can edit Makefile and replace all "./" with empty strings - that should fix this.

LMjai
May 26th, 2010, 21:05
Deleted the dot from EXETODLL = ./peresec/bin/peresec.exe
(EXETODLL = /peresec/bin/peresec.exe)

(If i try to delete dots from ./obj or ./lib it gives me errors: mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `/obj/keeperfx_stdres.res', needed by `
/bin/keeperfx.exe'. Stop.)

Now it gives me another error:

mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/keeperfx/keeperfx/peresec'
'Rebuilding DLL export table from: lib/keeper95_gold.dll'
/peresec/bin/peresec.exe -o"bin/keeperfx.dll" --def "./lib/keeperfx.def" -p"_DK_
" "lib/keeper95_gold.dll"
The system cannot find the path specified.
mingw32-make: *** [bin/keeperfx.dll] Error 1

The bin subfolder is empty after doing this.
:samurai:

mefistotelis
May 26th, 2010, 21:28
Read my post again. Note that I didn't wrote you should delete dot, but two characters.

LMjai
May 26th, 2010, 21:55
Sorry I forgot to say I tried that too but 'peresec' is not recognized as an internal or external command, also

mefistotelis
May 27th, 2010, 16:08
You must have strange Windows version...

It seems it only accepts "\" as path indicator; "/" is somehow treated as end of command.

So - replace "/" with "\" in the peresec line and it should work.
And don't place "/" nor "\" at start.

LMjai
May 27th, 2010, 20:56
Worked fine, no errors. In the bin folder there is only a keeperfx.exe and a keeperfx.dll, that's all?

My OS is Windows 7 64-bits.
I will attach the modified makefile in case someone else needs it.

And many thanks for the help.

mefistotelis
May 27th, 2010, 21:49
In the bin folder there is only a keeperfx.exe and a keeperfx.dll, that's all?
Of course.

Now, as I wrote before:

Overwrite the files from "bin" and all .CFG files in downloaded "complete version" and you're done.

LMjai
May 29th, 2010, 21:08
Ok, I copied the files from bin folder and the campgns folder into the game directory. Seems to work fine. :D