PDA

View Full Version : RPG style campaings?

Skaruts
May 26th, 2010, 19:04
Are there any rpg style campaings, kinda like you having to possess one creature and explore the map till the end, killing all foes or having some specific task to achieve and then transfer that creature to the next level? (And playing all levels with the same transfered creature)

I'm trying to create a campaing like this, but I think I remember playing something like this long ago. I think it might have been either some map I had made or some map from deeper dungeons, cuz I had no other mods for this game at the time.

Mothrayas
May 26th, 2010, 19:19
The first bonus level in the original DK (gained from level 8, Tickle) was like this. It involved you having a level 5 (or something) Dragon as well as more creatures (e.g. Bile Demon, Mistress, Vampire) as you progressed through a massive Hero dungeon.

Skaruts
May 26th, 2010, 20:39
aaah... that might have been it. I'm having a vague idea. I thought it's a pretty cool way to play it.

Krizzie
May 26th, 2010, 20:52
In the Ancient campaign there is a level where you only have a Mistress, but she will become stronger with every kill she makes.

TheJohn11313
June 29th, 2010, 16:22
I'm planning on makiing a map/campaign like this, oce I get ADiKtED to run. On another note, what the hell was with the secret levels? They simply didn't work for me, they were all unfinished/broken, with no way to complete the level.

Mothrayas
June 29th, 2010, 19:10
I'm planning on makiing a map/campaign like this, oce I get ADiKtED to run. On another note, what the hell was with the secret levels? They simply didn't work for me, they were all unfinished/broken, with no way to complete the level.

All available bonus levels have ways of beating them.
For the first one, the giant RPG one, you need to reach the end of the stage.
Two others require you to kill all your Imps, and the Skeleton mini-RPG one also needs you to reach the end of the stage.

And on the full moon level, if I recall correctly (and I do so vaguely) you need to collect a certain amount of gold within the time limit, as well as not die.

TheJohn11313
June 30th, 2010, 06:42
I always thought those were how to beat the levels, ut after doing the stuff you said, it still doesn't complete, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the scripts that designate the end. Is it something up with my disc, or something to do with the fact I have Dungeon Keeper Gold? It didn't include music either. Instead I downloaded the soundtrack, put it on a playlist on put it on shuffle while playing :D

Ubik
August 4th, 2010, 03:04
I always thought those were how to beat the levels, ut after doing the stuff you said, it still doesn't complete, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the scripts that designate the end. Is it something up with my disc, or something to do with the fact I have Dungeon Keeper Gold? It didn't include music either. Instead I downloaded the soundtrack, put it on a playlist on put it on shuffle while playing

i have the same download now, gold edition without music, so u say bonus levels do not finish? =/

Pizu_Meaku
August 28th, 2010, 12:31
I believe Knights Quest From DZ JEE AR is alike this.