PDA

View Full Version : Bug - Lava turns into water after deleting a bridge

opjohnaexe
May 27th, 2010, 13:26
I've encountered a bug in one (atleast) level of the original campaign, when i make bridge over some lava (you kinda have a small castle in a lava lake, also the first level where you are against 2 keepers) and sell the bridge again, insted of lava you have a patch of water, which is kinda annoying as it makes the enemy perfectly capable of entering your base.

Metal Gear Rex
May 27th, 2010, 13:37
I've encountered a bug in one (atleast) level of the original campaign, when i make bridge over some lava (you kinda have a small castle in a lava lake, also the first level where you are against 2 keepers) and sell the bridge again, insted of lava you have a patch of water, which is kinda annoying as it makes the enemy perfectly capable of entering your base.

This isn't FX's doing, it was in the original Dungeon Keeper as well. Needless to say, it would be quite a nice fix in FX. I remember it always happening in Level 7, Wishvale, where you get the Orc and Barracks.

Krizzie
May 27th, 2010, 14:08
I haven't had this bug for a while now, isn't it already fixed?

Metal Gear Rex
May 27th, 2010, 14:09
I didn't have that bug for a while now, isn't it already fixed?

I don't remember it ever being reported before so I don't think Mefisto noticed it at all. I only sometimes have this problem, but seems to only be on lava.

mefistotelis
May 27th, 2010, 17:19
So does it happens in the latest version (v0.36)?

Also, which level exactly? 7? You have all levels here:
http://forum.keeperklan.com/original-deeper-dungeon-map-reference-t477.html

Metal Gear Rex
May 27th, 2010, 19:36
So does it happens in the latest version (v0.36)?

Also, which level exactly? 7? You have all levels here:
http://forum.keeperklan.com/original-deeper-dungeon-map-reference-t477.html

Yeah, I know specifically you can trigger this sometimes on Level 7 of the original dk campaign. You're surrounded by lava, but I noticed a high chance this happens if I build a bridge on the north section of the lava from your dungeon.

Krizzie
May 27th, 2010, 21:11
I don't remember it ever being reported before so I don't think Mefisto noticed it at all. I only sometimes have this problem, but seems to only be on lava.

I believe it was mentioned on the old forums.

I think haven't had this problem since DKFX went to the unpack and play version. Maybe it solved itself here. :D

Madkill
May 27th, 2010, 22:30
I've never had that problem, on FX or on the original.

Sounds like a funny bug though.

DragonsLover
May 28th, 2010, 05:53
This isn't FX's doing, it was in the original Dungeon Keeper as well.

A Bridge that turns lava to water? :confused: I have never heard of that, neither encountered that bug myself.

(you kinda have a small castle in a lava lake, also the first level where you are against 2 keepers)

The level you're talking about seems to be Buffy Oak (Level 13) and, well, I never noticed such a bug on that level.

My guess is: the level files are "Read only", which would prevent the game to write the proper value for the substance below the Bridge.

Metal Gear Rex
May 28th, 2010, 16:56
A Bridge that turns lava to water? :confused: I have never heard of that, neither encountered that bug myself.

The level you're talking about seems to be Buffy Oak (Level 13) and, well, I never noticed such a bug on that level.

My guess is: the level files are "Read only", which would prevent the game to write the proper value for the substance below the Bridge.

I've encountered it plenty, but never reported it. I'm guessing other members never did either, that's why it is a big surprise to you. It seems to be in "certain areas" though... oddly...

I doubt it is a "Read Only" problem due to the fact that none of my files there are "Read Only", yet I still encounter this.