PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice editing?

Jessen
September 3rd, 2009, 23:31
has anyone been able to figure out how to save these types of variables? i want to alter the sacrifice list so i can actually pull some new things togeather, like some new creture creating combinations so i can maybe have a bit of an easier time in building up my dungeon with specific creatures.

dk2player
September 4th, 2009, 00:25
I tried once, but it hasn't worked. i think its something to do with the game.

Jessen
September 4th, 2009, 01:15
its not like i can edit the campaign maps to put some hero toolboxes with all creatures AND heros that can be converted without dieing, in and make the maps much bigger so i have space to build all rooms, i've tried that, and even makeing sure that i dont have any mixed files...it still doesnt work and the game just crashes, so my only real hope is to see if i can figure out how to save the sacrifice data to how i want it to be.

Duke Ragereaver
September 4th, 2009, 08:07
The problem is that the editor doesn't save the data.

DragonsLover
September 4th, 2009, 08:23
You can edit the sacrifices and make them work if you edit straight the GlobalVariables.kwd file using an hex editor.

First sacrifice is stored at hex address : 101C

Here's what is written there : 01 08 01 08 00 00 01 14 03

First, third and fifth bytes are the first, second and third "kind" of thing to sacrifice. Actually, 01 means a Creature and 00 means nothing.

Second, forth and sixth bytes are the first, second and third ID of the specified kinds. Just look into the editor to know exactly which ID you want to use. Actually here, 08 is the Vampire and 00 means nothing.

Seventh byte is the "kind" of thing for the reward. Again, 01 means a Creature.

Eighth byte is the Speech ID to use for the reward. 14 (20 in decimal) means the 20th message which is : "Blessed with Bile Demon" speech.

Ninth byte is the ID of the specified kind of the reward. Of course, 03 means the Bile Demon.

Then, each entry is separated by : 00 00 00 2B 00 00 00

So, if you want to add a new sacrifice, I guess you'll have to add this line after the 44th sacrifice by yourself, but I'm not sure about that. Try it and be sure to keep the original file in safety in case something goes wrong.

Jessen
September 4th, 2009, 19:46
i think it would help if we had a list of which values equal what, i do want to get them right afterall, but its not 100% nessicary yet

DragonsLover
September 5th, 2009, 00:41
Just look into the DK2 Level Editor, in the Level Variables, in Sacrifices window. The dropdown boxes correspond to the values, they are the "lists". However, this is a bit different for the things that have an ID.

dk2player
September 5th, 2009, 04:27
well now i can add that sacrafice I've been needing to add scince april. :D

Jessen
September 5th, 2009, 19:54
too bad we cant get a program togeather for this, because i really know i'm going to take a while to change and add what i want in there, it would take a couple of days i bet

dk2player
September 5th, 2009, 20:29
na, just right down the id of each creature, open the game's globel data, do some hex editing, and wala. Instent sacrafice editing.

Trust me, the hero gate working thing is no easier.

Jessen
September 5th, 2009, 22:08
you'll have to make a list for me because i dont think i'm going to be able to figure it out on my own yet i never was any good with hex numbers.

dk2player
September 6th, 2009, 00:05
The id is right next to the creature's name when youi right click it and click creature properies

dk2player
September 6th, 2009, 00:09
The creature id is right next to the creature name in it's properties. They aren't in order of the list, so you may want to write them down.

As for the hex editing: Here it is (http://www.box.net/shared/gofuvu1309)

Jessen
September 6th, 2009, 02:00
well, that didnt work...i couldnt add new sacrifice data yet...all it did was make my game unable to view the map. i wanted to add in a way to sacrifice for fireflies, dark angels, maidens, royal guards, Lord of the land,, stone knight, the princes and king, and each elite creature (by casting create gold in the temple and then dropping in one of the creatures to convert to elite) but it didnt work...

Hapuga
September 6th, 2009, 18:12
The problem is that DK tends to hate the "official" editor. you can edit the variables, players and so on, but when it comes to "MAPNAME".kwd file, problems begin. I now try to bypass these, no luck so far through.

Jessen
September 7th, 2009, 05:01
i still cant figure out what i did wrong...all i know is that my game wont work right once i add anything in.

this is definatly a reason why i REALLY wish there was a program for this, so that its automaticly done and i dont have to deal with the problem of haveing to edit every single thing indicidually all by my lonesome.

unless someone can pull a program to do this...i implore you all, i need help to do this!

DragonsLover
September 9th, 2009, 01:47
Did you keep a copy of the files you tried to modify? If not, you may be in trouble.

If you want, I can do the sacrifices for you and send the modified file.

Jessen
September 9th, 2009, 02:12
yeah, i kept a copy of the origonal, up to where i made the changes to the offical data, and then one where i added data. in case i did manage to get it to work. overall i DID keep a backup of the origonal so i can fix things. anyways, i'd love it if you could do it and send the modified file

i dont like sacrificeing creatures to get normal creatures, i prefer doing spells into the temple as it seems more like ME praying to the gods. i do know that i WOULD sacrifice for elite creatures and heros tho.

DragonsLover
September 10th, 2009, 05:49
And.... what are they? :rolleyes:

Jessen
September 10th, 2009, 07:14
i've sent you a PM with what i hope can be made for them, so check there

DragonsLover
September 10th, 2009, 23:39
I got your PM and started trying, but I discovered that it's harder than I expected. If I try to add more sacrifices, the level editor tells me at its opening, that he has found "Unknown sections" which may cause the game to be unstable or crash. That way, I'm wondering if I could still be able to add them properly. I'll try to find a solution, but for now, adding new sacrifice recipes is impossible. I can just modify the default ones.