PDA

View Full Version : Getting the word out

SteezyJBaby
May 28th, 2010, 20:52
I'm starting to get the word out about Dungeon Keeper by posting links and articles everywhere I can.
I posted an article on my Tumblr here:

http://steezyjbaby.tumblr.com/

dotted
May 28th, 2010, 21:13
The Dungeon Keeper series has been considered “abandoned ware” making it free to download off the net.
Just so you know "abandonware" doesnt exist, technically it is just as illegal to download Dungeon Keeper 1 as it is illegal to download Crysis

A New Room
May 28th, 2010, 21:53
I have put a few links in my sig on other forums I use. Also mentioned the site on the Dungeon Keeper Facebook group, though in a way its pretty much like flicking peas at a tank in terms of communicating anything there :P

Edit: *Sigh* Abandonware or not it's still hosted on those sites and the games are still awesome.

Skaruts
May 28th, 2010, 21:53
Just so you know "abandonware" doesnt exist, technically it is just as illegal to download Dungeon Keeper 1 as it is illegal to download Crysis
Yup. Very true.

SteezyJBaby
May 29th, 2010, 04:08
Definitions of "abandoned" vary; generally it refers to a product that is no longer available for legal purchase, over the age where the product creator feels an obligation to continue to support it, or where Operating Systems or hardware platforms have evolved to such a degree that the creator feels continued support cannot be financially justified. Software companies and manufacturers may change their names, go bankrupt, enter into mergers, or cease to exist for a variety of reasons. When this happens, product rights are usually transferred to another company that may elect not to sell or support products acquired.

In most cases, software classed as abandonware is not in the public domain, as it has never had its original copyright revoked and some company still owns exclusive rights. Therefore, downloading such software is usually considered copyright infringement, though in practice copyright holders rarely enforce their abandonware copyrights.

It would be very rare for someone to get charged for downloading it...

SteezyJBaby
May 29th, 2010, 04:11
I have put a few links in my sig on other forums I use. Also mentioned the site on the Dungeon Keeper Facebook group, though in a way its pretty much like flicking peas at a tank in terms of communicating anything there :P

Edit: *Sigh* Abandonware or not it's still hosted on those sites and the games are still awesome.

Well it's worth a try...:(

dotted
May 29th, 2010, 14:30
though in practice copyright holders rarely enforce their abandonware copyrights.
Which is why i stated it was technically illegal ;)

Btw. may i ask why you but your link in html blocks instead of url blocks?

SteezyJBaby
May 30th, 2010, 01:52
Which is why i stated it was technically illegal ;)

Btw. may i ask why you but your link in html blocks instead of url blocks?

Idk, I was doing like 50 other things at once and I clicked the wrong button, would it better please you if I fixed it?

dotted
May 30th, 2010, 02:48
Idk, I was doing like 50 other things at once and I clicked the wrong button, would it better please you if I fixed it?

Just click edit post?

SteezyJBaby
May 30th, 2010, 04:35
Okay. I fixed it. God forbid Bill Gates saw that...

dotted
May 30th, 2010, 04:49
Okay. I fixed it. God forbid Bill Gates saw that...

Err misunderstood you, thought you asked me to fix it.

SteezyJBaby
May 30th, 2010, 06:32
I thought you were being a dick about it, sorry bout that mate