PDA

View Full Version : Copy the old forum

dotted
June 2nd, 2010, 00:06
Since there recently was a request for something on the old boards, i figured it could be an idea to copy the old board and have it hosted here instead.

The question now is, if the old board should be merged into this board or be hosted on a separate forum.

In terms of convenience a merge would be preferable since there wont be separate boards, and mods would be able to easily move threads form the old board to the new. However it also means that the current board will triple in size in terms of topics, postcount and users.

The poll is alittle weird but click yes for merge, no for keeping things seperate:
http://forum.keeperklan.com/project.php?issueid=10

dotted
June 2nd, 2010, 18:58
There seems to be some confusion as to what a merge means.

It simply means that the old posts will be merged into this forum software, allowing us to manipulate threads the same way current threads can be manipulated (stick, unstick, move, merge, split etc etc) using just this software.

All of the threads would obviously be put in its own seperate subforum, for example:

Community

General Discussion
Off topic

Silly

Legacy Keeper Klan

Keeper Klan

Announcements
General Discussion
Dungeon Keeper RPG: The Awakening

Crystalbarrow
Grozengard
The Lair

Dungeon Keeper 3

Suggestions
Project
Development

Dungeon Keeper RPG

The Awakening
Testing Grounds

And so on...

So it is at least still separate in the sense that old threads will not be mixed with new threads. Also the entire subforum would be made read only to avoid thread necromancy

dotted
June 10th, 2010, 13:20
I think i have given this issue enough time, the forums will be merged. For an understanding what exactly this means, read the above post.