PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper And Windows 7/vista

Cafn
June 6th, 2010, 21:57
Hello

I'm New to this foruns. Saw many topics about this but none gave an awnser. I'm Happy too see that there is still a live DK community.

Recently i've installed DK gold on my computer. Not very strange, it shows the first screen and than it goes to desktop, being a little black square on the top left side of the screen. I've tryed all compatibilitys.

Somehow, Last time I tryed the game I was on windows vista and I got it working out, dont really remember what I've done.

Any1 know what can I do ? I really wanted to play the "original" and not the KeeperFX that you guys talk on the other topics

A New Room
June 6th, 2010, 22:46
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

If you haven't already I would suggest trying the method of using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit described in How i got dk1 to work on vista (http://forum.keeperklan.com/threads/335-How-i-got-dk1-to-work-on-vista). Other than that I'm not sure. :/

Cafn
June 7th, 2010, 23:49
Hello :]

First of all, Thanks for the help :] IT worked out. But Now I have another problem. Somehow, the colours are a bit messy, giving up some strange colours.

Anyway to fix it ?

Thanks one more time :]

Necror
June 8th, 2010, 19:55
well possibly FX could fix it i really see no reason why not to use FX

Cafn
June 8th, 2010, 21:42
Just dont wanna use because tested a bit, and Its not really the same thing :]

Hmm problem fixed : It gets fixed when you enter any map.

DK 1 working on a Windows 7 Ultimate x86

dotted
June 8th, 2010, 22:59
...Its not really the same thing :]
Uhm what?

Cafn
June 8th, 2010, 23:14
Springfield and Pull And Bear uses the same tipe of cloth to make shirts, but they are not the same, right ? :) Cant explain better

Problem fixed ;) Thanks for all the help

dotted
June 8th, 2010, 23:19
Springfield and Pull And Bear uses the same tipe of cloth to make shirts, but they are not the same, right ? :) Cant explain better

Problem fixed ;) Thanks for all the help

So its a sentimental thing, fair enough.

A New Room
June 8th, 2010, 23:19
Thanks for all the help

You are most welcome :)