PDA

View Full Version : campaign level that won't load as skirmish

jkw
June 7th, 2010, 19:04
I've never had the crash problems with this game that others seem to. In fact, it has always run perfectly for me. My issue is that I've run into 2 campaign levels that I've tried to modify to skirmish so I could play them my own way, and I have two distinct and separate problems.

First, I want to say that I've already transformed two other campaign levels to skirmish levels with no problems. They loaded, played through with no glitches, ended as expected. Here are my issues:

On the campaign map labeled "level8", when loaded as a skirmish level, I get crashes at what seem like fairly regular intervals (about every 20 seconds -- though I haven't been able to successfully time it). If I quick-save every few seconds, I can load it back to the last save and go for another 20 seconds or so. I obviously can't play the game constantly restarting and leap-frogging from save to save. I assume the problem is something in the script tree that has to do with a timer, but why would whatever-it-is be no problem in the campaign, but crash the game if the only change I make to the level variables is to select the "skirmish" checkbox?

Second problem: When I change campaign level6b to skirmish, it won't show up in the list when I start DK2 and select "skirmish". I've had some minor issues with other campaign levels, but I've never had one just NOT appear in the list after I've made a point of checking the skirmish checkbox.

Is there a way to force-start DK2 straight into a level rather than starting normally and going through the menu system?

Thanks.

Mothrayas
June 7th, 2010, 19:32
Can someone ask that person in the "campaign level that wont load as skirmish" to post said maps? And also tell him that Level 6b doesn't have a computer which is why it won't show up. Also that the problem with the 20 second crash isn't a timer issue.
Because if it was, he wouldn't be able to "leap frog" it or whatever with the quick save and quick load.
Ask him if he remembered to set the blue Keeper's Dungeon Heart health back to 100% on Level 8. (By default he's dead)

Quoting from the chatbox as apparently MGR can't post due to lag.

Metal Gear Rex
June 7th, 2010, 19:35
Quoting from the chatbox as apparently MGR can't post due to lag.

Nah, the quick reply seems to be dead. >_>

That's why it wouldn't work.