PDA

View Full Version : Strange Colour Distortion

Killian
June 8th, 2010, 21:45
I recently installed DK only to discover some strange colour distortion throughout. It seems to run fine other than this. I've searched for hours on the net for a solution but couldn't find one. Does anyone here have an idea how to fix it?

Oh and hello! Been lurking here for a while. :D

Metal Gear Rex
June 8th, 2010, 21:54
Oh now this sounds familiar...

Try going in game, like an actual level. Are the colors still messed up in-game?

dotted
June 8th, 2010, 21:59
I recently installed DK only to discover some strange colour distortion throughout. It seems to run fine other than this. I've searched for hours on the net for a solution but couldn't find one. Does anyone here have an idea how to fix it?
Your best bet would be KeeperFX, the recently released 0.37 version has fixed the color issue.

Killian
June 8th, 2010, 22:51
Oh now this sounds familiar...

Try going in game, like an actual level. Are the colors still messed up in-game?

Yeah, they're still pretty messed up.

Your best bet would be KeeperFX, the recently released 0.37 version has fixed the color issue.

Thanks, downloading now. Quite large for a mod. Searching through their troubleshooting section I think I may have found the problem.

A: The problem is that your drivers can't support 640x400 mode.
Change the resolution config lines in KEEPERFX.CFG into:
FRONTEND_RES=MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8
INGAME_RES=MODE_640_480_8

The .CFG in my DK file doesn't have anything like this though so I'll just have to wait for FX to finish downloading.

A New Room
June 8th, 2010, 22:59
Thanks, downloading now. Quite large for a mod. Searching through their troubleshooting section I think I may have found the problem.

Probably due to the fact it includes the original game's campaign and it's sounds files + quite a few fan campaigns and their sound files :/

Sten
June 23rd, 2010, 22:16
Uuuhm, the new version diden't really fixed it for me .
Managed to get the maps fixed throught by reading the text so i could enter the maps and play them, but still the colours are all messed up ;/
and 1 more thing, the first time i extracted it it ran with good colours only it diden't do the map loading, now i got the map loading and now the damn colours are 1 big fail ;/

cheeeers <3