PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Mode

RoadKill
June 9th, 2010, 18:03
Been trying something else today to make DK2 run without any possible issues.

Windows XP Mode under Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate --> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

But once i installed DK2 in the XP Mode and start it thru my Win7 Startmenu (Wich is how it works) it just keeps on starting the application.

So far i tried it with both 1.3 and 1.7 (I have the original CD's)

I wonder if anyone has experience with this.

(If i DO get it to work i will surely let you know ofcourse)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got it to run but i have to disable the intergration function, with the result that the mouse is VERY hard to control.

I also saw in the GFX Opention Menu that there isn't an option at all to set Hardware Acceleration. Wich result in same GFX as how i run the game now in Win 7.

DragonsLover
June 10th, 2010, 23:32
Have you checked this post (http://www.keeperklan.com/threads/654-PLEASE-READ-THIS-TOPIC-BEFORE-POSTING) before?

RoadKill
June 11th, 2010, 19:01
Ye i have, but it keeps crashing at random moments. Saying that DKii.exe has stopped working.

DragonsLover
June 12th, 2010, 09:45
Did you remove SafeDisc copy protection as explained? If you're using multiple cores, did you try disable them for the DKII.exe process?

RoadKill
June 12th, 2010, 10:04
Will try about the processes later, don't have DK2 installed atm.

The UnSafeDisc tool does not work for me. If i open the ICD i get a message "safedisc loader is dodgy, aborting". And when i set it to Windows 98/ME in compatibility mode it doesn't load at all.

Kinda strange, because it did work before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got it working now with 1.73f...i set it to CPU0 also had CPU Grabber enabled, i open objectives tab..BAM!!...DKII.exe has stopped working.

So much for enjoying this wonderfull game on new Hardware/Software.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the problem...

Seems like the game doesn't like to be played in 1024 x 768. Been playing in 800 x 600 without problems.

Pity tho...