PDA

View Full Version : New Thought...

awsdert
June 14th, 2010, 21:17
Was wandering if after implimenting SDL you could...
1. Change the Hand of Evil code so that the Imps and so on are grouped like in Dungeon Keeper 2.
2. Get the Room Building / Selling to be handled like in Dungeon Keeper 2.
3. Extend the rendered map to behind the control panel.
4. The map that shows up with the candles, could you make that scale to the resolution.
5. Change the creature format from DAT to GIF with a keeperfx.cfg option of:
CREATURES=DIR
CREATURESDIR=fxdata/creatures/nbke (Ignored if CREATURES=DEFAULT where the DAT file is loaded instead)

On another topic has anyone ever had the clickable doors show up after leaving a dungeon?, is it supposed to be an Easter Egg? And was the jumping bullfrog always there?, never saw it before.

kyle
June 14th, 2010, 21:47
KeeperFX will probally take all from dungeon keeper I and stay there, I doubt thigns from Dungeon Keeper II will be implemented, the other things however, could be.

mefistotelis
June 14th, 2010, 21:48
1. Change the Hand of Evil code so that the Imps and so on are grouped like in Dungeon Keeper 2.
Maybe, as an option; but not anytime soon.

2. Get the Room Building / Selling to be handled like in Dungeon Keeper 2.
Yes, that will be implemented sooner or later (only when Ctrl (or maybe Alt) is pressed - otherwise it will work as in DK1)

3. Extend the rendered map to behind the control panel.
I don't really like half-transparent menus. And you can expand rendering area even now, with TAB.

4. The map that shows up with the candles, could you make that scale to the resolution.
We'll see, maybe later. Higer modes require lots of work, and this is not amongst most important issues.

5. Change the creature format from DAT to GIF with a keeperfx.cfg option of:
CREATURES=DIR
CREATURESDIR=fxdata/creatures/nbke (Ignored if CREATURES=DEFAULT where the DAT file is loaded instead)
No, KeeperFX will only support graphics in JTY files; I'm only planning to divide it so that every creature has its own file. Game engine is not a graphics file format converter.

On another topic has anyone ever had the clickable doors show up after leaving a dungeon?
See Easter Eggs in DK1 forum.

And was the jumping bullfrog always there?, never saw it before.
It's KeeperFX specific. Shows on specific moon phase.

kyle
June 14th, 2010, 21:59
:O, sorry I didin't know mefisto was doing these things.