PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

Keeper_Infernal
June 17th, 2010, 10:00
Hello Keeper Klan Forum :D

I was in a long vecation from dunegon keepering but now i am back

with a plan to make a NPD level named Assassins, (wich not include evil creatures)

Newbie questions, And sadly A still hard to read english... :o

So here is my questions..

-How to edit sacrefices (i know wich window to open to do so But it still does not changing enything there is like 120 places for new sacrefices and that wont do a thing the recepis are still wrong and i tryed to edit the allready 45 used once and nothing worked.. (Side question: in the items that i cen sacrefice i found lots of really BIZAR options in the sacreficel objects tab like the Hand of evil rats electric charis and such (:eek:) ill be really happy to get an explenetion for thees bizar things... i mean how the hell cen you sacrefice the hend of evil??? :confused:)

-How to make inprison creatures to make the Held In Prison emoution Yet not loosing Health/sanity
(saw that on the Torment level)

-How to make heros Pray/sleep/eat/train/gamble/reserch/manifacture/main gold and such.. (Saw on a skirmish map of one of the Klan members named Tol Sadun.)

-it is possible to make heros betray and make the become neutral/ evil witeout toture captivity and such.., possibl to make youre creatues to turn to oter keeper insted of become a hero?

-possible to make rooms objects and such look look like other thing yet do same actions like make un evil portal to look like hero gate yet atract evil minions?

- how to make book cases bats rats eggs any other things avalabile for pickup (i cent weit already to see how prison rats look in the hand of evil! :D)

-for some reson wen i make evil portals to attract heros the heros are floating in the air wite a red "magical" puff on the back ground and then they do a Held In Prsion animation and they stay in the portal pit.. i want them to do the mercenery portal entrence animation i wanna change the red puff and i want them to get out smoothly from the portl pit like any other creature

-i wan the heros atracted from the evil portal to be Merecnery There is a reson why i named the level Assassins!

-in the first version of dungeon keeper 2 wen loosin, you were able to see the heros patrolling your rampaged dungeon heart and after some time you were abel to see your rooms claimed land walls and any other things on your possession colaps under the force of some wierd looking Bile demon realses and lightning bolts i thinck it was really Cool! :) and i wonder if there is any wey to make that happen in vesrion 1.7 (other reson i want the to happen is cuz wen that thing happen there is a glitch the allowds you to posses creature and the walk freelly in your dungeon and look at him whill you hide your soul on an inocent goblin body or such.. ITS REALLY COOL!!! :D)

if the thing above is possible i wanna make it even more cool! how? by letting the overaned keeper look in his dungeon zoom in and out at the cursed heros and be free to watch if enything is happening new! (even more cool will be that wen dying the map will revel wite the death so you will abel to look at the face of your Hello Keeper Klan Forum :D

I was in a long vecation from dunegon keepering but now i am back

with a plan to make a NPD level named Assassins, (wich not include evil creatures)

Newbie questions, And sadly A still hard to read english... :o

So here is my questions..

-How to edit sacrefices (i know wich window to open to do so But it does changing enything tehre is like 120 places for new sacrefices and the wont do a thing and i tryed to edit the allready 45 used once and nothing worked.. (Side question: in the items that i cen sacrefice i found lots of really BIZAR options in the sacreficel objects tab like the Hand of evil turture will electric charis and such (:eek:) ill be really happy to get an explenetion for thees bizar things... i mean how the hell cen you sacrefice the hend of evil??? :confused:)

-How to make inprison creatures to make the Held In Prison emoution Yet not loosing Health/sanity

-How to make heros Pray/sleep/eat/train/gamble/reserch/manifacture/main gold and such..

-possible to make heros betray and make the become neutral/ evil witeout toture captivity and such.., possibl to make youre creatues to turn to oter keeper insted of become a hero?

-possible to make rooms objects and such look look like oter thing yet do same actions like make un evil portal to look like hero gat yet atract evil minions?

- how to make book cases bats rats eggs any other things avalabile for pickup (i cent weit already to see how prison rats look in the hand of evil! :D)

-for some reson wen i make evil portals to attract heros the heros are floating in the air wite a red "magical" puff on the back ground and then they do a Held In Prsion animation and they stay in the portal pit.. i want them to do the mercenery portal entrence animation i wanna change the red puff and i want the to get out smoothly from the portl pit like any other creature

-i want the heros atracted from the evil portal to be Merecnery The is a reson why i named the level Assassins!

-renember wen you were killed in the first version of DK you were abel to look at your coquered dunegon heart and look at it in shame while some wierd looking gas puffs and lightning bolts colapses evry thing from your dunegons propety? (exept the portal and dunegon heart)
i think i was really COOLL!!! :D IF THERE IS ANY WHY TO PUT THAT ON 1.7...
ill really want to know!

-wen keeper dies all of his wouded creature lying on the ground dies instanly and the living ons run awey to the portals even if its a fearsless skeleton or a might DA Or even a STONE KNGHIT! they all gonna run like like a bounch os usless goblins and suck themselfs.. and the heros? acting like the flieeng "Goblins" are ghosts.. THATS SO NOT RIGHT!!! if we manege to make them riot for the freedom and revange and fight the conqueres it will be match more real chalenging and worthy!
il really like un answer to this on! :D

thx ahead for any coment and ill be expting feedbacks soon :)

(beetwin try to make the explenetions noobfriendly as possible since you guys are dealing here with a noob you shell aswell talk in his language! :D

Metal Gear Rex
June 17th, 2010, 12:02
That is a very long post, and I realize why. For some reason you repeated your questions, just the second time it sounded a bit different. Please edit your post and remove those unneccessary repeating questions. (They're pretty much the second half of your post)

-How to edit sacrefices (i know wich window to open to do so But it still does not changing enything there is like 120 places for new sacrefices and that wont do a thing the recepis are still wrong and i tryed to edit the allready 45 used once and nothing worked.. (Side question: in the items that i cen sacrefice i found lots of really BIZAR options in the sacreficel objects tab like the Hand of evil rats electric charis and such (:eek:) ill be really happy to get an explenetion for thees bizar things... i mean how the hell cen you sacrefice the hend of evil??? :confused:)

This, unfortunately, is impossible. For some reason, sacrifice data is not saved with the editor. As for the "Things", well, there are some things that can be sacrificed, like gold or chickens. The reason for that vast majority of Things you see is simply because they are all classified as "Things". It doesn't matter either way since sacrifice data isn't saved.

When access the creature properties, there is a checkable box called "Act as dropped". This has a variety of uses such as forcing a creature into torture or being imprisoned. But what you want is to leave this unchecked after placing the creature in the Prison. He won't be able to go anywhere, but he is technically not "imprisoned".

If he is a neutral creature, this means the first one to pass by he'll join up with. This also means he will not be able to escape if you cause a "Prison Break" with possession. (Caused by pressing 0 from the number pad facing and near the Prison door)

However, if he is a claimed creature, this also means the Keeper who owns him will easily be able to pick him up again. If you do not want this, I sugest you set the creature to neutral instead.

-How to make heros Pray/sleep/eat/train/gamble/reserch/manifacture/main gold and such.. (Saw on a skirmish map of one of the Klan members named Tol Sadun.)

Do you mean when they are under your command or under the "Hero Side"?

If you mean the former, all jobs can be modified via Creature Configuration.

If you mean the latter, then what you need to do is place the Hero in the room you wish them to opperate in, and then you use the "Act as Dropped" feature as I previously mentioned. This works, I've done it before.

-it is possible to make heros betray and make the become neutral/ evil witeout toture captivity and such.., possibl to make youre creatues to turn to oter keeper insted of become a hero?

For Heroes joining the Keeper besides torture, no. That is impossible.

Creatures under a Keeper's control cannot join other Keepers (Except in Dungeon Keeper 1) but they can become one of the Heroes. This is done when they get angry, and cannot get to a Portal to leave from. (Note that if locked doors do not work as they will try to break any locked door in their way)

-possible to make rooms objects and such look look like other thing yet do same actions like make un evil portal to look like hero gate yet atract evil minions?

Yes, but to do this you need the Editor Pro. You can obtain that here. (http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk2_tools_mapedit.php) Simply place the executable from there along with the normal editor exectuable.

Now under the Room Configuration, all you need to do is copy the Hero Portal's data over to the Creature Portal. For example, check the Hero Portal's "Complete Mesh", then copy the information and put if over to the normal portal.

I believe this also requires Editor Pro. Inside the Object Configuration, you should find a checkable box called "Can Be Picked Up". Check it for whatever you wish to have be picked up.

Also, sorry to disappoint you, but you're probably going to see nothing at all. They don't have an animation for being held, as they weren't designed for that. At least, it shouldn't crash the game. Well then again, it may depend on who's playing. I've made Horny holdable, yet he was completely invisible. He also had no stun animation.

-for some reson wen i make evil portals to attract heros the heros are floating in the air wite a red "magical" puff on the back ground and then they do a Held In Prsion animation and they stay in the portal pit.. i want them to do the mercenery portal entrence animation i wanna change the red puff and i want them to get out smoothly from the portl pit like any other creature

As for the red puff being changed, well I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about. You either are talking about the "Entrance Effect", which can be changed through Creature Configuration. If you mean the mist that appears which means a creature is coming through, that would be under Room Properties. In fact, it should change when you followed the previous step to turning the Creature Portal into a Hero Portal.

The animation and Heroes being trapped are side effects for the Heroes not being meant to come out through the Creature Portal. You can't change these, sorry.

-i wan the heros atracted from the evil portal to be Merecnery There is a reson why i named the level Assassins!

To be Mercenaries? You mean the Mercenary texture, sorry but I don't know how to help you there.

-wen keeper dies all of his wouded creature lying on the ground dies instanly and the living ons run awey to the portals even if its a fearsless skeleton or a might DA Or even a STONE KNGHIT! they all gonna run like like a bounch os usless goblins and suck themselfs.. and the heros? acting like the flieeng "Goblins" are ghosts.. THATS SO NOT RIGHT!!! if we manege to make them riot for the freedom and revange and fight the conqueres it will be match more real chalenging and worthy!
il really like un answer to this on! :D

Sorry, also impossible. Any changes for that is like the other impossible stuff, it is beyond us at the moment.

No problem.

Keeper_Infernal
June 17th, 2010, 14:49
I am gonna try the pro editor later thx for the download :D. yet, i belive there is one question that i asked that you dident understend, wen i asked about the creature held in prison yet healthy and sane i REALLY ment it :), in version 1.7 of dungeon keeper after all the official MPD levels there is a level also made by the programers wich is recognized as "Torment" in the level the objective is to amass 25000 points from kiling land claiming and such.. and the is the sub objective that tells there is a salamander and a dark angel both neutral that wen you recuit the to your side they will give you extra points. (I blive that witout this "extra" points this level really shold be a torment ...) now you will finde the DA captured in hero prison and you will clearly see that the angel is yabing all the time to the seeling and crying for help wich tells us that he is leggaly in prison YET its health doesent go down and he is still on happy mode, cen you explain that?? (Note that torment level apears only at version 1.7 from waht i know.)

Keeper_Infernal
June 17th, 2010, 15:22
About dk editor pro i found some realy amezing things! that you cen ranme and create and delete things relate to the game (creatures rooms spells..) but for some reson the editor crashes wen i create /delete something new.:( why?

Metal Gear Rex
June 17th, 2010, 19:19
Don't double post, edit your own posts instead.

I am gonna try the pro editor later thx for the download :D. yet, i belive there is one question that i asked that you dident understend, wen i asked about the creature held in prison yet healthy and sane i REALLY ment it :), in version 1.7 of dungeon keeper after all the official MPD levels there is a level also made by the programers wich is recognized as "Torment" in the level the objective is to amass 25000 points from kiling land claiming and such.. and the is the sub objective that tells there is a salamander and a dark angel both neutral that wen you recuit the to your side they will give you extra points. (I blive that witout this "extra" points this level really shold be a torment ...) now you will finde the DA captured in hero prison and you will clearly see that the angel is yabing all the time to the seeling and crying for help wich tells us that he is leggaly in prison YET its health doesent go down and he is still on happy mode, cen you explain that?? (Note that torment level apears only at version 1.7 from waht i know.)

I took a look at that level, but I can't seem to find any reason why that is. However I did notice that ALL neutral creatures did not lose health. My only guess is that some of the level variables have been modified.

Keep in mind this is an OFFICIAL LEVEL. There are things in DK2 that are only in official levels because they felt too stingy to give to "common mapmakers".

Therefore it might not be possible to do in custum maps.

About dk editor pro i found some realy amezing things! that you cen ranme and create and delete things relate to the game (creatures rooms spells..) but for some reson the editor crashes wen i create /delete something new.:( why?

Probably because the editor was never finished.

Keeper_Infernal
June 18th, 2010, 05:42
thats so wrong... i mean i finally finde a option to create know creature and such and now its bugged!? :( is it atleast not an abounded project yet?

Metal Gear Rex
June 18th, 2010, 10:28
thats so wrong... i mean i finally finde a option to create know creature and such and now its bugged!? :( is it atleast not an abounded project yet?

Are you talking about the Editor Pro? No, nobody was working on it to begin with. If you've read the editor manuel then you will notice it mentions things that aren't inside the normal editor. The Pro editor enables these features, they were sorta "hidden". It wasn't that hard to enable these options, (At least, in comparison to fixing these options, otherwise those things would be functional) but the code for these things isn't changed as far as I know. That means that those features never worked in the first place, and they probably abbandoned the idea of fixing them or something. That's the way it looks to me.

Of course, this is just information from what I remember, I could be wrong on some parts, but what I do know for sure is that nobody is working on the editor at the moment. More so directed towards those extra features.

I will tell you this, however. You CAN create new Creature Spells and Objects/Things. However, becareful when building new Objects, as the global data for that is loaded after the map data. Meaning that if you have a custom object on the map, it will crash the editor.

To get around this, (Based on the information I remember one member said) you need to have a map that has the same global data, but it doesn't have the custom item on the map. Then load up your own map, and it won't crash as the data for the new objects was loaded up when you loaded up the first map. Make sense?

Also, no need to worry about Creature Spells. There is no bug on that. On the bright side, you can at least edit Elite Creatures into whatever you want. You can make them non elite, using Editor Pro. Be warned as they won't have their custom elite texture, so you can have 2 Goblin type units but they're different.

Keeper_Infernal
June 18th, 2010, 19:30
thx for the information but it seams that the trick you mentioned doesent work for me meybe try to investigate it a bit it? you might be abel to finde some REALLY intresting things... :horny:

marcvdo
August 15th, 2010, 14:51
Hi Keeperklan forum.

I wanted to start making maps for dungeon keeper and want to start by doing the tutorials of the official editor manual. However i seem to be missing all the sample levels. Can anyone help me.
I have the gold edition "v1.7" and i also downloaded the version from your forum. the v1.3 .

thanks in advance for the help.