PDA

View Full Version : DK2 v1.3 problems..

Keeper_Infernal
June 21st, 2010, 05:26
I downloaded the .rar file from keeper klan from hapunga`s post (the one atached at the end of his reply) and i found a torent i used it i got a .rar of DK2 rescude all the files open te game see the bulfrog icon of the creepy frog the short movie thta shows horny owns evry body..

now wen i reach the important part to go to the manu and play a black screen shows and secends after it a mesage say to me that DK have some issus and has to close..

tryed for allready a mount to finde the game and i have postet twise allready in this forum and i manege to pot even on the lasr one and no real help... I AM DYING TO GET A REALY BATTLE FROM AI KEEPERS!

if you guys cen help me fix the copy that i have then atleast finde me another download pleas
cuz i am sick of looking for it allready NO PATCH an allready patched version wite all the files and such..

if thats iposible then give me ah v1.53 of the game wich i heard has also very good AI keepers or any oter version that cen work

p.m
i noticed that there is a bag of files named "english" that is out of the data bag and in the data bag a noticed a bag called "ru" if thats wat i am thinking then ru is a short of russian and mybe my cop doesent like russian game?? waht shell i do then???

EDIT: lots of views.. yet no feedbacks.. :(

Hapuga
June 21st, 2010, 23:23
Without your PC specs nobody will be able to help you.

Keeper_Infernal
June 22nd, 2010, 05:54
Without your PC specs nobody will be able to help you.

you mean my RAM memory graphic card each?? lol kk so sorry ill bring the in more 1~2 since i am typing from my friend PC...

edit:

My PC: intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06 GHz 3.08 GHz 896 MB of RAM

Graphic: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 series

i hope that any one cen understend waht i typed here cuz i just copyed waht i saw i dont have a clue waht i was typing here xD hope it cen help :confused:

Hapuga
June 24th, 2010, 10:51
What OS do you use.

Keeper_Infernal
June 25th, 2010, 17:28
Windos XP (is that what you ment right? XD)

Hapuga
June 26th, 2010, 12:02
Keeper_Infernal

Could you please be more precise? It is very hard to help you when I have to drag bits of information out of you. Windows XP, what SP? 2? 3?

It may be due to compatibility with the hardware, mainly with VC. Try disabling DirectDraw. This usually helps with older games. Disabling hardware acceleration may help too.

Keeper_Infernal
June 26th, 2010, 19:22
wats SP? wats direct draw??? wats VC?? Oo wats the languege your talking!? :O (sorry but i am not a computer genius or something so il be glad if you will talk in my languege pleas k? :D

Hapuga
June 27th, 2010, 09:21
SP - service pack. A major update to the windows. can be 1, 2 or 3.
All versions behave differently with DK. I need your version.
VC - video card.
To disable 3d acceleration, go to RUN>dxdiag>Display> disable 3d acceleration and direct draw.

TheJohn11313
June 27th, 2010, 09:50
I don't think DK2 is very compatible with Windows XP. When I had Windows XP, DKII crashed every half an hour. Same on my brothers computer, although he never played DKII much. When I got vista, DKII worked fine, which is strange because Vista is terrible with compatibility.

Keeper_Infernal
June 27th, 2010, 09:56
I don't think DK2 is very compatible with Windows XP. When I had Windows XP, DKII crashed every half an hour. Same on my brothers computer, although he never played DKII much. When I got vista, DKII worked fine, which is strange because Vista is terrible with compatibility.

So wats your saying?? that i have to change my OS to vista?? XO just to play it other version??? :mad:

Hapuga
June 27th, 2010, 10:08

DK is perfectly compatible with XP. It is incompatible with some video cards. I managed to launch DK2 on both SP2 and SP3, with various hardware on 2 different PC's. I had to spend a lot of time on it, but I reached my goal. I now have W7 and it's perfect with DK2. I even managed to launch the original CD and patch it to version 1.51. I had to use some compatibility fixes to get rid of super fast mouse and graphical errors, but as a result I have a very stable game with best AI. DK2 is a game in which you have to invest a lot of time in order to make it run.

My specs are:

Compaq 8710w HP laptop
2.2 GHZ dual proc
Nvidia quadro graphics
4 GB RAM
1 TB 7200 external HD.

TheJohn11313
June 27th, 2010, 10:58
My old XP computer ran on an onboard video card, lol. :D Man, that computer was horrible. Anyway, I didn't have any service packs, so that may have been the problem.

DragonsLover
June 28th, 2010, 01:55

Well, that's not true. I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 and DKII works like a charm after removing SafeDisc copy protection. Crashes are rare, but it may occur.

TheJohn11313
June 28th, 2010, 07:36
Ah, that may have been the problem, the safedisc copy protection. Well, sorry for misinforming you, keeper_infernal.

Keeper_Infernal
June 28th, 2010, 14:22
[QUOTE=Hapuga;21544]even managed to launch the original CD and patch it to version 1.51. I had to use some compatibility fixes to get rid of super fast mouse and graphical errors, but as a result I have a very stable game with best AI.

Cen i have a copy of it? :D