PDA

View Full Version : Bug - Crash just after intro

judsong
May 25th, 2010, 20:52
Hi
I've just downloaded and unzipped DKFX and when i want to play got crash inmediatly, i mean, i don't even reach the game menu. The crash comes when i escape the introduction video. And presents distorted funky colors (neon violets and green)
Yesterday i managed to play original DKGold, fixing the same problem by installing microsoft compatibility adminstrator and using forceDirectDrawEmulation. Tried to do the same with keeperfx.exe but it just don't work at all. It keeps crashing.
h.e.l.p p.l.e.a.s.e

dotted
May 25th, 2010, 21:03
Hi
I've just downloaded and unzipped DKFX and when i want to play got crash inmediatly, i mean, i don't even reach the game menu. The crash comes when i escape the introduction video. And presents distorted funky colors (neon violets and green)
Yesterday i managed to play original DKGold, fixing the same problem by installing microsoft compatibility adminstrator and using forceDirectDrawEmulation. Tried to do the same with keeperfx.exe but it just don't work at all. It keeps crashing.
h.e.l.p p.l.e.a.s.e
you know there is a readme for a reason right?

judsong
May 26th, 2010, 02:27
Well..thanks.
I just have read the troubleshooting and did a couple of things but i still can't make it run..
***i've modified the .cfg to this
FRONTEND_RES=MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_480_8
INGAME_RES=MODE_640_480_8 MODE_640_400_8 MODE_1024_768_8

***checked the options "Run in 256 colors" and "Run in 640x480"

here's the last lines of the log after running with keeperfx_dbg

Sync: load_campaign: Parsing campaign file "keeporig.cfg".
Sync: load_campaign: Parsing campaign file "lrdvexer.cfg".
Sync: load_campaign: Parsing campaign file "questfth.cfg".
Sync: load_campaigns_list: Found 11 campaign files, properly loaded 11.
Sync: setup_screen_mode_minimal: Setting up mode 13
Sync: setup_screen: Pitch stays at 640
Sync: LbScreenSetup: Mode setup succeeded
Sync: LbScreenSetup: Done filling display properties struct
Sync: LbScreenSetup: Finished
Sync: get_startup_menu_state: Birthday state selected
Sync: frontend_set_state: State 0 will be switched to 29
Sync: Frontend state change from 0 into 29
Sync: frontend_input: Starting

still stuck in the frontline i think. colours still weird. I quit with enter button the classic intro video, the loading screen (red cd in nice resolution) appears for 1 or 2 secs, after that: crash.

any ideas?
sorry for my poor english

dotted
May 26th, 2010, 09:22
The only thing i can help you with is the colors which can be solved by using this instead: http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=79&func=fileinfo&id=266

As far as I'm concerned this is an unofficial version and as such isnt the real 0.37.

judsong
May 27th, 2010, 01:19
ok thanks.
then you don't know what i have to do to run the game?
:(

i wanna play this so bad, specially for the downloadble fan-made campaigns.

mefistotelis
May 27th, 2010, 17:14
I think you've got the same problem as described here:
http://forum.keeperklan.com/windows-7-help-t1054.html

There's no fix to this (unless you want to uninstall all apps or reinstall the whole system).

judsong
May 28th, 2010, 03:22
like i said in that thread, it's a similar problem, yes.
But standard DKgold works perfect on my system. So, I don't know WHY DKFX, which it's supossed to be ''more compatible and stable than standard DK'', doesn't work at all. Dunno, u tell me. Thanks anyway, i give up.