PDA

View Full Version : Creatures acting oddly~

HellsFait
June 27th, 2010, 16:20
Not sure exactly how else to describe this.
Well, there is the already known Hound issue, so that's covered.

I've been having issues with the mistresses. It seems random weather or not it happens, but sometimes when I go to send them into battle, they either just stand around doing nothing, or walk away ignoring the dude I want them to kill! This doesn't happen to terribly often, but still annoying when it does.

2nd. Imps not working despite having something to do.
I had a whole bunch of area left to claim, nothing set to dig, and 30ish imps doing nothing buy runnin around and smoking. I waited a while to see if they would clue in eventually but they didn't, I had to pick up the imps and set them next to the spot I wanted claimed, since it was already taken. Even after doing this though, the imp only claimed a portion of the area, then continued with his smoke! It was one solid area with no breaks between the tiles, so I don't know why it would have stopped.

On another note, I'm lovin KeeperFX, I can't wait for more to be done with it ^-^ It's great to be able to play DK again after so long.

mefistotelis
June 27th, 2010, 22:17
Hellhound code is already fixed.

As about other problems, do you happen to have saved game of these situations?
I'm especially interested in the imps bug - with saved game I can fix that quite easily.

HellsFait
June 28th, 2010, 00:06
Not at this moment, but the next time it comes up, I'll be sure to save it.

DragonsLover
June 28th, 2010, 01:36
I've been having issues with the mistresses. It seems random weather or not it happens, but sometimes when I go to send them into battle, they either just stand around doing nothing, or walk away ignoring the dude I want them to kill! This doesn't happen to terribly often, but still annoying when it does.

I know that this may happens if you use a CTA spell. Sometimes, the Mistresses ignore the enemies as it seems there's a weird thing happening with their AI because of the Torture Chamber. Try either selling the Torture Chamber or lock the room with doors.

Metal Gear Rex
June 28th, 2010, 11:47
I know that this may happens if you use a CTA spell. Sometimes, the Mistresses ignore the enemies as it seems there's a weird thing happening with their AI because of the Torture Chamber. Try either selling the Torture Chamber or lock the room with doors.

Not only that but Lairs too. I think it could be just a weird bug with the teleport spell because I think I saw the Vampire doing this, or maybe it is just my imagination. Even so, an open Lair will also cause his problem with the Call to Arms spell so you should remember to lock that too.

Pizu_Meaku
June 28th, 2010, 19:16
This has something to do with the teleport spell. they somehow see it more important to get tortured then fighting off the enemies. All creatures do this with teleport in my experiance! maybe it has something to do with job priority?

DragonsLover
June 28th, 2010, 19:33
Not only that but Lairs too. I think it could be just a weird bug with the teleport spell because I think I saw the Vampire doing this, or maybe it is just my imagination. Even so, an open Lair will also cause his problem with the Call to Arms spell so you should remember to lock that too.

Hmm... I don't think so. I have never seen Vampires ignoring enemies because they were asleep. There's a difference: when a creature is being tortured, it ignores enemies being around (and that's normal). When a creature is asleep, however, it still detects enemies around. When we cast CTA spell, it's like if the AI of the Mistress that wants to perform kinky torture is still kept during the fight, thus ignoring the enemies.

Metal Gear Rex
June 29th, 2010, 01:14
Hmm... I don't think so. I have never seen Vampires ignoring enemies because they were asleep. There's a difference: when a creature is being tortured, it ignores enemies being around (and that's normal). When a creature is asleep, however, it still detects enemies around. When we cast CTA spell, it's like if the AI of the Mistress that wants to perform kinky torture is still kept during the fight, thus ignoring the enemies.

Ah yes, that makes sense. Though there still is a problem with those two creatures teleporting out of battle even so. Maybe I was thinking of that problem, since it also has to do with the Lair.

HellsFait
June 29th, 2010, 05:06
Huh, the mistress thing makes more sense now, gotta remember that one.
So far in my keeping, I haven't actually run into the imp problem again :(

Ah, if it helps, the ground they were supposed to claim was occupied with decoration graves, don't know if that would make any difference...

Mister Giggles
June 29th, 2010, 07:16
I've noticed this phenomenon as well...based on one particularly nightmarish experience, I can most assuredly say it occurs because the creature's AI doesn't do a check immediately after ending combat with and/or an individual creature to see if the creature can immediately engage in another battle. I >strongly< suspect this is not unique behavior to the Mistress (As noted, Vampires do it too), but is extraordinarily apparently with her because she a high probability of using the teleport spell when available to warp out of combat and back to her lair/torture room (Due to combat checks not taking priority over normal AI checks).

A simple experiment would be to give, say, a Bile Demon or Horned Reaper the teleport spell and I'm certain you'll see the same behavior occur.

It should be noted at this point that this is NOT a KeeperFX bug - this exists in the original game, however it seems to have been exacerbated somewhat by improved AI coding along the way.

Mistressmaster
June 29th, 2010, 10:39
It'd be good to see the teleport glitch fixed some time in future. I really can't remember- if ever- I've managed to fight with a full force of mistresses because half will always teleport away to the lair.

HellsFait
June 29th, 2010, 21:43
I found another one~
I figured I'd put it in here because it has to do with critters.

On the first map of the "Good" camp, the one where you play as heroes, after winning and clearing out the map in search of goodies, I noticed I had a hound in my treasury. So I checked my critter info and there was no hound there >.> So I picked it up and OMG! it's a tunneler?! I saw it happen again so I saved to try to get it, but no deal. They changed back as soon as I saved. >:(

Metal Gear Rex
June 29th, 2010, 22:08
I found another one~
I figured I'd put it in here because it has to do with critters.

On the first map of the "Good" camp, the one where you play as heroes, after winning and clearing out the map in search of goodies, I noticed I had a hound in my treasury. So I checked my critter info and there was no hound there >.> So I picked it up and OMG! it's a tunneler?! I saw it happen again so I saved to try to get it, but no deal. They changed back as soon as I saved. >:(

That's a pretty well known bug.

The Tunneller's AI is the same as the Imp's. When Imps are idle, they do the smoking animation. Tunnelers don't have it, so they go into that weird Hell hound animation. It was present in the original DK.

Lasharus
June 30th, 2010, 00:58
Strangely enough for me, when I play the Good Campaign, Tunnellers seem a little bit buggy.

By this I mean that their A.I. is a perfect cross between ordinary creature and Imp. They think "I have me a wee bit o' diggin' ter do!" (sorry. They're dwarves, thus a Scottish accent was mandatory), run to the dig place, bash at the wall once, and then walk around idly for a short while until they think the same yet again.

This consistently happens to me throughout the Good Campaign. Makes training tunnellers a b*tch though, since they give up the second they get hungry and go off fer some more diggin'.

On-Topic: I've noticed another odd thing about creatures, now we're on the subject. Whenever my creatures level up in the training room, they don't use their 'celebration' pose, but instead look as if they got hit, stay in that position for as long as the celebration pose would last, and then continue their jobs. (Note: Same thing occurs when celebrating a new library find, a workshop production, being given gold, or praying at the temple)

Is it just on my system, or did a few things get crossed?

Also, the imp thing isn't a smoking emote, is it? To my knowledge they lean on their little picks and take a nap. Hence them regaining health when they have nothing to do :P

Metal Gear Rex
June 30th, 2010, 09:36
Strangely enough for me, when I play the Good Campaign, Tunnellers seem a little bit buggy.

By this I mean that their A.I. is a perfect cross between ordinary creature and Imp. They think "I have me a wee bit o' diggin' ter do!" (sorry. They're dwarves, thus a Scottish accent was mandatory), run to the dig place, bash at the wall once, and then walk around idly for a short while until they think the same yet again.

This consistently happens to me throughout the Good Campaign. Makes training tunnellers a b*tch though, since they give up the second they get hungry and go off fer some more diggin'.

That's also another set of known Tunneller bugs. He's supposed to be a Creature and an Imp. Who knows what he is. But it is those bugs that make people not want to convert him. I mean he's better than a Thief in battle :P (But equally Thieves = Knights so...)

Dilas
July 31st, 2010, 18:48
Hellhound code is already fixed.

I may be bumping an old thread, but even downloading the most recent patch, I sometimes have all my creatures look like Hellhounds.

I also have seen the celebration problem where creatures get into their 'slapped' positions.

Maybe I have the wrong version.

psycopath
August 6th, 2010, 10:25
I have the same problem as Dilas, where all my creatures are hellhounds.
But when they are celebrating leveling up, they morph into hellhounds while celebrating, and turn back to what they were. (Currently expirenced on the original campaign only.)
I am running 0.37c.

DragonsLover
August 6th, 2010, 21:02
Please ensure that the game is correctly set to the "Keeper" folder, generally in "C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\" path. This is the default working path.

This is what I did and I didn't get this problem.

Dilas
August 10th, 2010, 06:10
When I set the folder there, all my campaigns turned up empty blank maps and I was instantly defeated.

DragonsLover
August 11th, 2010, 05:21
That's weird... It should work. Try opening the "KeeperFX.cfg" file with WordPad and write down the correct path in INSTALL_PATH= line. Try in these two ways:

INSTALL_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\Keeper\

or if it still doesn't work, try:

INSTALL_PATH=C:\Progra~1\Bullfrog\Keeper\

VoidWeaver
March 6th, 2012, 13:55
So, since the topic has been almost 2 years and the problem remains acute. Since the previous advices (to close \ sell Torture room or cut way back in the Lair) are not suitable for all maps \ campaigns and therefore are not a universal solution.
Therefore I want to ask about changes in future versions KeeperFX. Planned (if it possible) is to adjust AI of creatures with Teleport spell for more appropriate behavior at during the battle?

DragonsLover
March 6th, 2012, 18:38
For now, it's unknown. Mefisto will put his hands on this as soon as he'd become available.

Replica
March 23rd, 2012, 05:06
Not sure exactly how else to describe this.

A bit of an old post, but wanted to say I am sure this was part of the game and even in the original Dungeon Keeper.

You must keep the Mistress's well fed, or she won't attack the enemy if she is hungry.

So just drop them into the Hatchery or feed them chickens, then go out to the enemy to attack and they all will start to attack.

If she is hungry then she won't want to attack and just walk away, which I believe was a normal strategy in the original.

Mothrayas
March 23rd, 2012, 06:59

This. It's not related to the hatchery or eating. It's actually the Torture Chamber that causes it.

Replica
March 23rd, 2012, 23:30
I think I have a similar problem when playing some single player KeeperFX lately.

My Orcs have completely started to ignore the enemy for some strange reason, using the nightly r453, on a map Swedish Spirit.

They had been working before but suddenly they started to ignore enemy's and such, as well as some other creatures I have.

DragonsLover
March 24th, 2012, 01:11
I'd be curious to take a look at this. Orcs aren't supposed to ignore the enemies unless they've been chickenized or they're in a situation where they can't reach the enemies to attack them. If you're playing an alternative campaign, perhaps the creatures' data has been altered, causing them to flee.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

As for the Mistress bug, it's a bug old since the beginning. It's really caused because of the Torture Chamber combined with CTA spell. You must ensure to lock the room or sell it and Mistresses will NEVER ignore the enemies.

Replica
March 24th, 2012, 09:32

Here is the saved game.

However check the Orcs out. They seem to about all of them just walk off, if you drop them by an enemy.

And I think your right, it may be a campaign and the creatures data might of been altered.

Load the first save called "Me".

I am having trouble where some of the Orcs just stand there in a baltte and keep walking off, with or without the CTA spell.

I tried to enlarge the lair but that had not worked.