PDA

View Full Version : Synthesia's textures.

kyle
July 1st, 2010, 18:40
I noticed that KeeperFX doesn't use syn's high quality textures, which in my opinion look fantastic and would make the game look prettier. Is there any reason why they aren't being used?

DragonsLover
July 1st, 2010, 23:35
The format of the textures are not the same. It would require to compress the high quality textures to lower "normal" ones and thus, would be pointless.

Well, I guess it's the reason why.

kyle
July 2nd, 2010, 12:22
Ah that's too bad, I was just looking at them then I looked at the quality of the normal ones and the quality diffference is massive. The game would look so much nicer with them.

edorien
July 2nd, 2010, 17:04
or we could all beg Mefistotelis to allow the engine to read the higher res atlas file (ala that hack iklsm did earlier, has anyone still got that)
/ or allow each texture as a separate file...

but that requires him to start upgrading the graphics engine, which is a very very big request.

Metal Gear Rex
July 3rd, 2010, 02:43
or we could all beg Mefistotelis to allow the engine to read the higher res atlas file (ala that hack iklsm did earlier, has anyone still got that)
/ or allow each texture as a separate file...

but that requires him to start upgrading the graphics engine, which is a very very big request.

A better idea is to find the Imps' stash and get so high we think they're being used XD

Much easier said than done, and not to mention there are more important things to worry about. But even so, I'm quite happy with what graphics DK1 has, it certainly is higher in quality compared to DK2.

kyle
July 3rd, 2010, 12:03
Yea I know, DKI looks brilliant. I am just thinking of how much better it could look with the textures, especially when in possesion.

Pizu_Meaku
July 10th, 2010, 18:15
well.... if you find a way to convert the pictures into 'that' format mefistolis wouldn't be able to ignore the fact and would be rather forced to implant it ;) cut the guy some slack and try to some research on your own ;)

agustins69
July 17th, 2010, 16:51
is good change textures for the synesthesias texturas , because more quality and nice imagen

DragonsLover
July 17th, 2010, 20:31
It is possible to compress the textures and replace the existing ones, but it would result as a big loss of quality (textures smaller using 256 colours). Also, the colours have to match the colour palette of the game, which could become troublesome.

It is possible, it would require some work, but is it worth it?