PDA

View Full Version : I'm wondering about something

DragonsLover
July 3rd, 2010, 05:33
I have two "intromix.smk" files that are different. One is from the original Dungeon Keeper game and the other is from one of the Beta versions. That file is the introduction movie we see at the beginning of the game. The file of the beta version has 23,9 Mb in size and have additional sound effects that weren't in the original version. When I checked the original version, I was rather surprised that it is bigger in size: 24,1 Mb, but the weird thing is, like I said, it doesn't have the additional sound effects. The length of both intro sequences look similar so, why does the version with more sounds is smaller than the one without? :confused:

Metal Gear Rex
July 3rd, 2010, 09:43
I have two "intromix.smk" files that are different. One is from the original Dungeon Keeper game and the other is from one of the Beta versions. That file is the introduction movie we see at the beginning of the game. The file of the beta version has 23,9 Mb in size and have additional sound effects that weren't in the original version. When I checked the original version, I was rather surprised that it is bigger in size: 24,1 Mb, but the weird thing is, like I said, it doesn't have the additional sound effects. The length of both intro sequences look similar so, why does the version with more sounds is smaller than the one without? :confused:

Well, what's the difference in the actual video? Also, maybe it has something to do with the way it was processed or something? Like compression or whatever. I'm not really sure, just giving out ideas.