PDA

View Full Version : GUI moved to the bottom.

Mentor
July 4th, 2010, 17:00
It was a tough decision but*most of*the team has decided that a GUI that lies on the bottom side of the screen would be best for a few reasons which we will not go into. Spliter was going to start … Continue reading → (http://warfortheoverworld.org/developmentnews/gui-moved-to-the-bottom/)

More... (http://warfortheoverworld.org/developmentnews/gui-moved-to-the-bottom/)

nebster
July 9th, 2010, 21:01
Hey,

Long time no speak all! :)

Do you think it would be worth it to make it choosable between these as many new screens are now widescreen which means using a GUI along the bottom would be stretched/take up more screen space than it should? I really hated the DK2 GUI because it was along the bottom :/

kyle
July 9th, 2010, 22:23
I have been talking with other team members, We might consider placing it back where it was.

Evi
July 9th, 2010, 22:27
To me, I didn't mind if the GUI was on the bottom or not. Having a option for that would be nice. :p

Until RTS games start making the GUI onto the top of the screen, that's when I start losing it. :horny:

A New Room
July 9th, 2010, 22:59
Until RTS games start making the GUI onto the top of the screen, that's when I start losing it. :horny:

Now there is a good idea! We should do that :D

MeinCookie
July 10th, 2010, 04:14
I think you guys should keep it at the bottom for now. Switchable GUI might be an option later but bottom length-ways interfaces are standard among most strategies and are hence easier to pick up on.

Keep it please.

Searingflame2
July 10th, 2010, 05:42
To me, I didn't mind if the GUI was on the bottom or not. Having a option for that would be nice. :p

Well ACTUALLY Warcraft3 did that. Plus Age of Empires 2 did (if memory serves).

But on topic; GUI, to me, is such a minor part of the game, so I won't be particularly phased, but as mentioned earlier, widescreens, so it'd be nifty if it was on the side.