PDA

View Full Version : Hero campaign :D

emperorjay
July 6th, 2010, 15:28
Ok, well Here is the story bit
The heroes of the realm have decided that they should start using dungeon hearts as they seem to be getting their ass kicked by everyone who does, however hero gates are the only way for them to get reinforcements (however i may fiddle around with some of the spells so you can summon heroes with manna but have a limit to the amount of that hero on the map before you cant anymore) you can however summon dwarfs with the new create dwarf spell which even has its own icon ;)

Level 1: Goblin outpost
The king has sent you, the new dungeon heart testers, to go take care of a small goblin outpost and kill the head goblin. the local guards may still be alive somewhere in the area so you should try find them and get them to help your noble cause.

Level 2: Castle counter attack
a local keeper has heard about the new dungeon heart the heroes now have, and in retaliation for the goblin massacre has set up his dungeon heart close to our first dungeon heart castle and is already attacking it, with a few more attacks to come, you must hold out until the reinforcements arrive. Then regroup and attack the keeper who launched the attack on our castle for the annihilation of the goblin outpost.

Level 3: dungeon assault
the king seeing how well the new dungeon heart project is going has tasked you with taking out a new keeper, so build your dungeon and your heroes will appear from hero gates. so build a lair and a hatchery and your guards will arrive. library - wizards, workshop - giants and guard room - elves but be careful these are your only troops

Level 4:
the king has decided that a full on assault with the new dungeon heart system would not be best for this mission. The order of black knights have taken some of your men prisoner guarded by the skeletons they themselves will become if you don't save them. you and your 2 most trusted royal guards are to break into the prison and rescue your men and make the black knight leader pay for capturing your troops. be careful the complex is full of rooms and corridors some filled with traps, some with creatures some with nothing at all.

Is their any way to change the textures of the keeper to Grey/White? i managed to change his path and wall textures but it seems to work on a pattern or something because everyone Else's changed as well and the game crashed on launch because the good players wall texture was invisible or something :confused:

Thanks in advance for Interest in the campaign, comments or help :)

Keeper_Infernal
July 6th, 2010, 19:46
Its sound really cool!! ill try it out as soon as you will upload it!:D

yet i have a question to you about the levels, it will be possible to convert your levels to DK2v1.3?

cuz i have already retired from v1.7 becouse of the shitty AI of this version(So funny throgh that

their biggest disadvantage has became their strongest tool ageinst me,such a cruel irony :))

so if your maps will not contein too much

AI then its allright but if AI is taking a major game role in the campeing it might be a problem if i

will not be abel to convert it to v1.3...

emperorjay
July 6th, 2010, 20:02
well here are the first two levels for the campaign tested them myself, but if you find any problems then tell me :) the maps are in skirmish because even if another keeper isn't taking part its just easier

anyway the first level contains no contact with a AI keeper, it is just the 'evil' player, the keeper sits hidden in the corner. The second level the AI just trains troops to try defend against your attacks in its preset base

hope you enjoy the start of the campaign ;)

MeinCookie
July 8th, 2010, 04:15
Very good technically, don't get me wrong... it is great. Love the dwarf spell and all.

But can we have more rooms, more creatures, spells? I feel kind of swept along by it and there isn't much for me to do except pick up and drop creatures around.

emperorjay
July 8th, 2010, 16:55
Don't worry i am going to be adding more levels which do have more rooms/creatures. and its a campaign like the real one, so you get rooms/creatures progressively :p i am also toying with the idea of doing a 1st person level or something like that somewhere down the line so tell me what you think about that :D

MeinCookie
July 9th, 2010, 02:15
Okay, that's good ;)

Can't wait =D

emperorjay
July 9th, 2010, 04:02
Ok, added a third level to the campaign
story time :p
the king seeing how well the new dungeon heart project is going has tasked you with taking out a new keeper, so build your dungeon and your heroes will appear from hero gates. so build a lair and a hatchery and your guards will arrive. library - wizards, workshop - giants and guard room - elves but be careful these are your only troops

next i think will be a first person level where 'you' the new improved lord of the land (in shiny gold Armour) do something I'll decide later :rolleyes:

the game crashed on me so i removed one of the 5 portals for the AI hope that fixed it, well I'm sure you guys will tell me if it hasn't and what you thought about it :p well im gonna go start the first person level and well, see what i can come up with :D

MeinCookie
July 9th, 2010, 08:49
Briefly tried out number three which is great. I managed to pickup and obtain imps with the creature bar so a assume you hid them off to the side somewhere in a cavern.

I believe that somewhere in level variables is a thing that you can set that is the minimum number of imps before they start respawning which you could set to 0 i think... never tried and it might not work but worth a try. I think in the meantime you could edit the imp type, and untick the "this creature can be picked up."

And also... it think guards come with the training room not hatchery... at least thats how mercenary guards work on the frosty maps.

But anyways, good work :D

Metal Gear Rex
July 9th, 2010, 14:03
I believe that somewhere in level variables is a thing that you can set that is the minimum number of imps before they start respawning which you could set to 0 i think... never tried and it might not work but worth a try.

It does work, it was used in one of the secret levels where you slap a Boulder Trap into Dwarves. I've also used it myself so I can confirm it.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/MinimumImps.jpg

There's a screenshot so you know where it is exactly. (Look at how far the scroll bar is)

I think in the meantime you could edit the imp type, and untick the "this creature can be picked up."

That would require the Pro Editor, however. You forgot to mention that.

And also... it think guards come with the training room not hatchery... at least thats how mercenary guards work on the frosty maps.

While this is true, I recall reading somewhere the Guard was supposed to be the counterpart of a Goblin. While this seems like complete bogus to me since they aren't a thing alike, (Goblin is a coward and the Guard is supposed to stand his ground as his name suggests, a loyal Orc would be a better counterpart) it could be where he got it from.

Or that the Guard is somewhat low ranked compared to the other units, nothing special about him.

MeinCookie
July 9th, 2010, 15:00
I think in the meantime you could edit the imp type, and untick the "this creature can be picked up."
That would require the Pro Editor, however. You forgot to mention that.

While this is true, I recall reading somewhere the Guard was supposed to be the counterpart of a Goblin. While this seems like complete bogus to me since they aren't a thing alike, (Goblin is a coward and the Guard is supposed to stand his ground as his name suggests, a loyal Orc would be a better counterpart) it could be where he got it from.

Or that the Guard is somewhat low ranked compared to the other units, nothing special about him.

Only in Pro editor? I think i use the standard most of the time and that function worked on the imps in one of my maps. It is a simple matter of editing Creature type and clicking can't be picked up. It isn't perfect like minimum imp threshold and probably would be a problem if you were creating a map for multiplayer but do the job.

And yes, orcs would perhaps be the ideal match but they didn't have them in DK 2 so the Salamanders make perhaps the best comparison as the are both quite hardy among early game creatures. Hence training room.

Metal Gear Rex
July 9th, 2010, 16:15
Only in Pro editor? I think i use the standard most of the time and that function worked on the imps in one of my maps. It is a simple matter of editing Creature type and clicking can't be picked up. It isn't perfect like minimum imp threshold and probably would be a problem if you were creating a map for multiplayer but do the job.

Damn Pro Editor layout. I must have missed it, but I checked again and yes it is in the normal editor as well. In the Pro Editor, it is at the top left corner, however on the normal editor, it is more towards the bottom, which caused me to miss it.

And yes, orcs would perhaps be the ideal match but they didn't have them in DK 2 so the Salamanders make perhaps the best comparison as the are both quite hardy among early game creatures. Hence training room.

Well obviously, I used it as an example to show how poorly picked out these counterparts were. It is just like the Black Knight's existance, they just threw it together to have another counterpart. (Or in the Black Knight's case more specifically, to make an attractable Knight unit for the evil side, but it also has little thought put in it as did that counterpart pairing... a crack pairing so to say lol)

emperorjay
July 9th, 2010, 17:50
well sorry to disappoint but the gold Armour for the lord of the land only works for the heroes, as the i am a mercenary is blocked out and if ticked doesn't work if you change the owner either :(
and thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to put them in :)

level 4 is finished check the first post :D

MeinCookie
July 10th, 2010, 05:08
You could always make a map where you are allied with the good players and you have to prevent them from losing their Lord of the Land :lord:

I'll try out Level 4 tonight ;)

emperorjay
July 10th, 2010, 06:43
surely it would be easier if you controlled him? however i do like your idea so i will play around with it.
so thank you good sir ;)

so you want it to be insanely hard? :p and do you have any thoughts on level 4?

emperorjay
July 13th, 2010, 09:51
well progress is going slower that expected on level 5 but because it isn't released yet I'll let you in on the new spells. there are now new spells which allow you to summon any hero from guard to fairy at a hero gate :D the mana cost is very high however so it shouldnt be too easy when done :o

MeinCookie
July 13th, 2010, 10:11
Level 4 was good if a bit long.

Points are as follows:
-Make it so creatures can't be picked up if you exit possession
-Remove emotions for all your creatures

Other than that i will say that your design was good as was your layout of traps, bad guys, ect. I'm a bit strapped for time now and I played it a while ago but it was a good play.

Keeper Nocturnus
June 11th, 2011, 15:10
the project looks cool!but can I have two questions?How do you make custom spells and the walls and paths to look different?