PDA

View Full Version : New to DK1

Keeper_Infernal
July 9th, 2010, 17:21
Hello! i am new to DK1 comunety and i have reacehd to a level that i dont exactly know how its called maybe "never end" or something like that.. any way ill try to dicribe the level: you begin in a snowy land,your heart is surrounded by a large area of empty path, in outskirts of the area thre are some gold seams and after that large area of lave in them nutral dargons.. its also the level when you discover the scavenger room (which i really dont have a clue what the hell does it do.. :eek:)
any wey i found the level EXTREEMLY HARD!! cant pass it.. the rivel keeper is normaly breaching in the first 10 minuts with a LARGE army of bile demons level 3~4 and mostly he just flag your dungeon and "Game Over" :( questions:

How the hell shell i pass this level??? :(

what does the scavenger room does??

what does the baraks room does?

what does the guard rooms does? (i know, its obvious what does it do, its make creatures Guard.. yet i want to know some extre info about this one...

How shell i breach enemy walls?? (exept claiming the land near it.. )

Why the hell my creatures doesent destroy traps!?

Why the hell 2 Gas traps has owned my possessed level 10 ORC!?:mad::eek::mad:

How can i tell my workshop artists to manufacture spasific traps??

How cen i reserch traps?? (it seams that some traps are automaticlly researched yet others stays unknow even after the quato: "there is nothing left to reaserch"?

Thx ahead :), And pleas DONT comment about my Gramming skills i am having enough of this at gramming class.. :mad:

Red;Keeper Infernal

Mothrayas
July 9th, 2010, 17:53
Transfer a level 10 Horned Reaper from level 9, dig out, possess, win. Alternatively just build the rooms required to get Dragons and Bile Demons and train them. If there are any neutral dragons, get them with a possessed and slapped Fly.

Slowly steal creatures and/or heroes from other keepers and/or heroes, by dropping creatures of the same species in them.

Attract orcs.

what does the guard rooms does? (i know, its obvious what does it do, its make creatures Guard.. yet i want to know some extre info about this one...
That's about it.

Destroy walls spell (if it's available)

Because this isn't DK2.

Because standing still on top of a gas trap gradually damages creatures -_-'

You can't directly.

How cen i reserch traps?? (it seams that some traps are automaticlly researched yet others stays unknow even after the quato: "there is nothing left to reaserch"?
You don't research traps, you build them in the workshop. To unlock all sorts of traps build more or bigger workshops.

Thx ahead :), And pleas DONT comment about my Gramming skills i am having enough of this at gramming class.. :mad:
It's called "Grammar".

Patrician
July 9th, 2010, 20:04
You're talking about level 10 'Nevergrim', I think. Here's a map:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5792/map00010.gif

How the hell shell i pass this level???As Mothrayas has said, an easy and quick way to beat this level is simply transfer a creature from the previous realm. Possess a lvl 10 horned reaper, run across the lava and destroy your rival's dungeon heart. This is really boring though and I guarantee you'll feel dirty and cheap afterwards!

Possess a fly to claim the 5 neutral dragons that are roaming about the lava. Build a library asap, and when you've researched the bridge use it to access the gold in the centre of the map. On the land on either side of the gold island you'll find dungeon specials, so make sure you make use of them. Use the scavenger room, and when you're ready venture South and take on your rival keeper. There's a transfer creature to the South of the map too, so make full use of it when the time comes.

what does the scavenger room does??If you put orcs (or any other creature) in the scavenger room they will try to scavenge orcs (or whatever you put in) from enemy keepers on the map. If a rival keeper has an orc you may be successful, and he'll join your forces, if he doesn't, then you won't get anything. Its presence also attracts hellhounds, one of my favourite creatures. Keep them on a tight leash though, or you'll find them dead on the otherside of the map. They piss on dead bodies to preserve them longer, so your imps have more time to find and drag the corpses to a graveyard.

what does the baraks room does?It's meant to form groups when you put a load of creatures in one and then possess one of the creatures they should follow you. I don't recall ever having success doing this though. By far its more important function is attracting orcs who are great minions to have at your beck and call.

what does the guard rooms does? (i know, its obvious what does it do, its make creatures Guard.. yet i want to know some extre info about this one...Yep you got it in one. You've probably already found out that if you build guard rooms alongside lava or water, enemy creatures won't be able to get into your dungeon.

How shell i breach enemy walls?? (exept claiming the land near it.. )Usually the enemy keeper will come to you, so you can use his exit as your entrance.

Why the hell 2 Gas traps has owned my possessed level 10 ORC!?You want to drop a plump bile demon near a gas trap, possess it and walk over it repeatedly, then drop an imp to claim the tile. Do the same with lightning traps, but use a dragon instead as they're a bit more hardskinned, or scaled I guess.

How can i tell my workshop artists to manufacture spasific traps??In Dungeon Keeper you can't choose which traps your workshop artisans produce, it's completely random unlike in DK2 where you can place blueprints of the traps and doors you want and your trolls and biles will work feverishly to produce them for you.

How cen i reserch traps?? (it seams that some traps are automaticlly researched yet others stays unknow even after the quato: "there is nothing left to reaserch"?Yeah, you'll have to wait until later levels to be able to research those traps.

Hope that helps.

Searingflame2
July 10th, 2010, 06:54
I'd just like to put in my two cents (or rather, many more cents) about the workshop;

Now, the workshop construction order isn't random - its got set 'tiers' of traps, and it will always start with Alarm Trap (if availiable) and end in Magic door (if availiable). Other than that, it will produce whatever trap/door you've the lowest of, or, if equal amounts of all, start the rotation again from the Alarm Trap.
So, say, as I was just the other night, your economy is derived from 80 skeletons creating magic doors, building them, and selling them, I allowed my workshop to have 10 of everything. That way, if i was in combat, I wouldn't start a rotation again; It'd just make magic door after magic door, assuming that I had less then 10 magic doors.

Next, your workshop needs to be of a certain size to create certain traps, however 90% of the time (or is this just me...?) you'll wind up with a collosal workshop, but I think a... 30tile workshop is sufficient to make magic doors? Someone who knows the exact number, correct me, please.

And yeah, some traps/doors aren't availiable in certain maps.
To disarm traps, use the previously mentioned creatures, or, if you're not that patient, you can always get two imps; one to trigger the trap, and another down immediately after the effect (gas, explosion, lightning) wears off to claim the tile, thus making the trap dissapear.
Boulder traps are different, though, and I favour triggering them with an imp and letting them roll, or, if possible, wait for them to get into a corner, and build a 3 tiled treasure room when it reaches the corner - this will cause the bolder to roll harmlessly against the wall briefly before 'exploding'.
Alarm traps are more or less useless. Yeah.

Necror
July 10th, 2010, 10:07
How can i research traps?? (it seems that some traps are automatically researched yet others stays unknown even after the quote: "there is nothing left to research"?
Workshop and library work independent in DKI.

Metal Gear Rex
July 10th, 2010, 11:53
As Mothrayas has said, an easy and quick way to beat this level is simply transfer a creature from the previous realm. Possess a lvl 10 horned reaper, run across the lava and destroy your rival's dungeon heart. This is really boring though and I guarantee you'll feel dirty and cheap afterwards!

Exactly how a Dungeon Keeper should feel! :P

Not sure what I could add to Patrician's strategy, it sounds pretty good. Although I do think if you've made it this far, you should get through this no problem. The level afterwords, I must say, can be pretty hard on your first try. It is a Hero Invasion level, if I recall, and does prep you up for level 17 which is also a Hero Invasion level.

Placing in a Creature/Hero in that room will make him "scavenge" out other Creatures/Heroes of the same type. First thing scavanged is neutrals, then Heroes, then those belonging to enemy Keepers, moving from lowest level to highest level. (Example, if there was a neutral level 8 Warlock, and a level 6 Warlock in the Heroes, the Hero Warlock would be scavenged first but if the Hero Warlock was level 8, the neutral one would be scavanged)

When a Creature is scavanged, it is teleported to your Scavanger Room. Some Creatures scavenge faster than others. If your own Creatures are being scavanged, place them in the Temple or in Prison. While in the Temple, he'll protect himself as well as 2 other creatures of his type. When he leaves, he'll be protected for a little while longer however the protection for the other 2 creature types will disappear (Until he goes back to the Temple)

And yes it does attract Hell Hounds. They're pretty good but to me they arrive a bit late.

The Barracks isn't all that useful, I'll admit. You basically form a Party, like how the Heroes do, so it has the same properties as the Hero Parties. For info on how the Hero Parties work so you can better form your own parties, look towards this thread (http://forum.keeperklan.com/threads/594-Party-leadership). With the Call to Arms at its finest in DK1, the Barracks is out of use, I'm afraid. Besides attracting Orcs of course.

Yeah that's about it pretty much. Although what Patrician said is technically an exploit, so I don't recommend using it as it is kinda cheap. (Unless you really are desperate)

Destroy Walls, simple as that. You obtain it later on, I forgot which level. I think it is Level 16 or 15, I don't remember. I'll have to check the scripts.

In DK1, Traps work differently. They have an amount of "Charges" for how many times they can be released. Example is the Poison Gas Trap which has 5 charges. After all 5 charges are used up, the Traps are useless until an Imp replaces the Trap with another Trap Box. Although make sure you use this to your advantage otherwise you won't be on even grounds.

Yes, as Mothrayas put it, standing in the middle of Poisonous Gas isn't exactly the brightest idea.

Searing anwsered that one, but I'll say it again since his info is somewhat needlessly long.

Basically there is an order of which items are manufactured. Your manufacurers continue this order infinitely. However, if you have less of a certain Trap, they'll begin manufacturing those since they're "on demand". Example is even though Lightning Traps come after Poison Gas Traps, if you have 3 Lightning Traps and 5 Poison Gas Traps they'll manufacture Lightning Traps until you have 5 of each.

Also remember this includes doors, not only Traps :P

As Mothrayas put it, your Manufacturers discover the new Traps as they manufacture, but you need your Workshop to be a certain size.

I'm sorry I don't know what gramming skills are but I know your grammar skills still need improvement. :P

Keeper_Infernal
July 10th, 2010, 12:40
Ty so much Guys!!!!:D

as for this level i have allready passed it with the help of the magical items in the sides of the map and the scavenging room really helped me alot to get some dragons.. :):dragon:...

although i have anoter question.. How can i make the scavengers scavenge faster??? yeah yeah i know speed up in full power toture slaps closed rooms each... but isent yet some special way? and does some creatures are more efective in scavenging? and if ill try to scavenge vamps,skeletons,reapers,heros will they enter throgh through the portal too?? :D:D:D
and how can i scavenge stronger creatures faster?? :confused: (in some levels i really dont think
that 30,000 gold units worths a level one dragon... -_-:bile:-_-)

Mothrayas
July 10th, 2010, 12:56
From what I've heard having a vampire in there scavenging makes other creatures scavenge faster.

Also, having a scavenger room with maximized efficiency and just throwing in more creatures help speed up the process.

Duke Ragereaver
July 10th, 2010, 13:59
although i have anoter question.. How can i make the scavengers scavenge faster??? yeah yeah i know speed up in full power toture slaps closed rooms each... but isent yet some special way? and does some creatures are more efective in scavenging? and if ill try to scavenge vamps,skeletons,reapers,heros will they enter throgh through the portal too?? :D:D:D
and how can i scavenge stronger creatures faster?? :confused: (in some levels i really dont think
that 30,000 gold units worths a level one dragon... -_-:bile:-_-)

Reinforce all the walls around the Scavenger Room (don't forget adding a door, every little bit helps) to ensure 100% room efficiency, turn Must Obey on, using Speed Monster spell, slap your Creatures and perhaps even resort to torturing if you want to have the maximum effect of scavenging.

Remember, some Heroes, like the Knight, cannot scavange and some Creatures are more better at scavenging than others, like the Horned Reaper and the Vampire are superior than say, the Skeleton or Bile Demon (though with the Horned Reaper there are usually no more than 2 on a map, if there is 1 at all, so his scavenge skills are a mood point), so it fully depends on what type of Creature or Hero you are scavenging. But the lowest leveled creatures are always scavanged first and it slowly works it way to the highest.

From what I've heard having a vampire in there scavenging makes other creatures scavenge faster.

I've heard that rumor aswel, but there is nothing to suggest in the KeeperFX cfg. file they have such an ability. It's just that they have a very high skill in Scavenging in the form of a whopping 8 points!

DragonsLover
July 11th, 2010, 09:52
Next, your workshop needs to be of a certain size to create certain traps, however 90% of the time (or is this just me...?) you'll wind up with a collosal workshop, but I think a... 30tile workshop is sufficient to make magic doors? Someone who knows the exact number, correct me, please.

21 actually, as mentioned in the manual, but still, I remember a level with 30 tiles or workshop and magic doors couldn't be made. I guess the best way to know the correct amount would be to test that.

You sure of that? I know they attract the creatures from the portal by half, but I have never heard of making other creatures scavenge faster.

Keeper_Infernal
July 11th, 2010, 10:27
K guys ill look after the tip to place vamps in the scavenger room while scavenging, and do all the other stuffs you guys mentioned but for now i have a new mission MUCH harder..

i have reached to a very high and hard level i dont know his name but ill try to tell you how it looks..

you begin with 2 horned reapers level 1 and any one of them are placed in their own mini-dungeon behind two looked doors.. and between them there is an army of gas/lightning traps and north to the traps there is a looked magic door and after it a bolder trap, and a long vein of friendly claimed paths there you will find a crossroad of two other friendly claimed path veins and north there are 2 looked magic doors and after it a vein of enemy keeper veins the enemy from what i see starts with like something 4~6 level 10 Orcs.. you also start with sight of evil and you get a new spell called "Most obey" which i really dont have a clue how does it works.. now the main problem is that the enemy keeper usually breach like after 10 minutes.. and random heros breach in a such a random way its like in my first try they i didnt even knew they exist and in my 3th try i was rampaged by a 8 leveled wizard 6 leveled samurai (:eek:!) 5 leveled giant and such.. and the WORST thing in this level that the portal lures to your domain only 1 CREATURE ANY TIME!!!! WTF??????? :eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek:

So my questions are:

how the hell shell i pass this level?? :confused:

what does most obey does?

what the hell did bullfrog thought wen they created this level?? :mad::eek:

did anybody even passed it?? :confused::confused::confused:

Thx ahead!! :):D:)

(and again, no grammer rioting posts pleas :rolleyes:.. )

Duke Ragereaver
July 11th, 2010, 11:54
1. We have a map reference thread, use it to pinpoint your map, here (http://forum.keeperklan.com/threads/477-Original-Deeper-Dungeon-map-reference).
2. Calm down! You're entering the last levels of Dungeon Keeper so it's completely natural they go up in difficulty and you may not be able to pass them in a single game.

To answer your questions:

how the hell shell i pass this level??

I personally would favour a war of attrition, let the enemy wear himself out, while at the same time you make yourself stronger. Build immidiately at the beginning at the level a 5x5 hacthery and lair to attract the only 2 Bile Demons of the realm, and make sure your Horned Reapers are training all the time, atleast till level 4 or 5. And keep researching all the time with your Warlock!!! Slow research equals suicide here. You must research atleast to the barracks to gain Orcs who are essential here. Also notice that you can attract Skeletons and Tentacles by building a prison and temple respectively. About the Heroes, well, they are a mixed blessing in here; they can win your game or make it somewhat harder. If you wish you can reinforce the place where they spawn, but I instead would convert them, especialy the Samurais and Wizards who can prove very valuable.

what does most obey does?

It forces your creatures to work harder by 25%, essentialy the same effect as a slap but at the same time it prevents them from doing 'bad' things, this spell is expensive though.

what the hell did bullfrog thought wen they created this level??

Kumbaya?

did anybody even passed it??

No offense, but this level is no sweat compared to some others. But I admit this one of the more challanging levels in DK.

Metal Gear Rex
July 11th, 2010, 15:51
what the hell did bullfrog thought wen they created this level?? :mad::eek:

Biscuits and choloclate fudge. Lots of it.

did anybody even passed it?? :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah as Duke put it, this isn't exactly a difficult level for a more experianced player. If you're having trouble with it, wait til you get to the finale. Also... I wouldn't recommend Deeper Dungeons much for you.

(and again, no grammer rioting posts pleas :rolleyes:.. )

Oh but where's the fun in that? :P

how the hell shell i pass this level??

I usually plan my entire dungeon ahead of time. Begin mining it all out first, and quickly. That strategy works good on Hero Invasion levels, but I admit it is only if you really need it. If you don't mine further out, the Heroes will go past you and attack the Blue Keeper. Train up as much as you can, and wait for a bigger evasion from the Heroes. When they attack Blue, you can attack him while he's distracted. Thus, problem solved.

I recommend building a Treasury around the Gem Rock and training at least 3 Imps to level 3. Make sure thos Level 3 Imps mine like they're on more drugs then usual on that Gem Rock. Said the Horned Reapers to train, not kill, (yet...) and begin working towards your army.

Take advantage of selling Doors/Traps for extra cash if you need it, to keep your creatures happy and especially your Horned Reapers. It'll be alot of trouble if they get out of control. If they do manage to cause too many problems, it might be wiser to dump them down the Portal if you cannot handle them.

Again, this strategy is more so for beginners and is rather cheap. I only used it my first few times around the game a few years back.

Necror
July 11th, 2010, 16:03
When I didn't get trough a level i restarted the entire campaign, then i got trough anyway.

Mothrayas
July 11th, 2010, 16:11
Transfer a decent level 10 creature, get the Duplicate Creatures on the top left of the level, use your boulder traps strategically to kill his high level Orcs, rushdown, win. Seriously, one of the easiest levels imo.

And good luck with the following levels. I'm not going to suggest anything there other than 'strategise well'.