PDA

View Full Version : Crash - Insight appreciated

Sollidottingen
July 14th, 2010, 19:40
Thx btw for trying to port DK to current gen hardware! Your work is awesome!

I am experiancing a crash on the first Deeper Dungeons map (and possibly other maps as well). It seems to happen every time i have a endless-purple-gold thingy in view if you get what i am reffering too. I saved just a couple of seconds before it crashed so i am able to replicate the crash as many times as i wan't.

In the attached debug log i have just loaded up from the save point and wen't to one of those purple gold thingies which, ofcourse, resulted in another crash.

mefistotelis
July 15th, 2010, 19:21
I can only get:

Invalid Attachment specified.
Could you try uploading this again?

The purple thing are gems.

Are you using v0.37b? There was a gem-related bug in standard v0.37.

Sollidottingen
July 15th, 2010, 21:11
Funny. The attachment worked yesterday when i tested it. Anyway. Thx for the feedback! Indeed i had missed the 0.37b update which seems to have fixed the gem tile issue. It was still occuring in my old save file but as soon as i tried a new game it seemed to have fixed itself.

However. Now the game just seems to hang itself unexpectedly and taking the whole processor core it is using atm with it (I have a multicore CPU and the core the game is using goes up to 100% load when the crash occurs). It doesn't crash to the desktop but just kinda freezes.

I would upload the new debug file but the freaking thing got bloated into 84MB!! :confused:
Any specific lines i should post like the 10 last lines or something?
Thx in advance and keep up your awesome work!

Edit1: I'm gonna delve into the dungeons again and see if i can get a smaller debug file to upload

Edit2: Here you go 422

mefistotelis
July 15th, 2010, 22:09
Could you upload a saved game from just before the crash?

Sollidottingen
July 15th, 2010, 23:11
Here you go. It's my save folder and it has two saves. Solli 1 and Solli 2.

Solli 1: crashes if you bring up the map screen and click on the closest gem tile or if you just scroll to it and get it in view. Most likely becouse of the v0.37 bug you mentioned. (It doesn't do that anymore if i start a new game)

Solli 2: crashes about 10-20 seconds after the loading for me. I don't know if i, or my minions, are doing something to cause it to crash. Last time i after the load i watched my creeps break through the door --> brought up the map and went to the treasury next to my dungeon heart and clicked on a treasure room tile *freeze*

mefistotelis
July 17th, 2010, 09:09
The problem is here that a 'thing' that is not 'creature' is put into workers chain in one of rooms.

I fixed the workers sweeping so it won't hang in such situation; but that 'thing' shouldn't really be there, and I don't know how it managed to get into this chain.

Anyway, this saved game will work in next version.

Sollidottingen
July 17th, 2010, 10:08
Awesome news! Keep up your great work! =)