PDA

View Full Version : Does "Netzcaro" level really should have a Scavenger room?

DragonsLover
July 26th, 2010, 05:58
Because it's just too much, waaaaaay too much! I mean, you can syphon all the heroes of the entire realm to you with that room.

But it was planned in the script to have this room to attract :dog: and be able to scavenge :horny: and :fairy:, but still... 20 horned reapers is just too much powerful once you get them! And this level is supposed to be hard? It's just a pain in the ass to scavenge, scavenge, scavenge, train, train, train, enlarge lairs and hatcheries, enlarge lairs and hatcheries... I guess it should be really better to use Prison + Torture combinations and Graveyard instead. Should be sufficient enough imho. What do you think about that?

Because otherwise, here's the result you could get: load that saved game in KeeperFX: 436

I got so much creatures on that level that my payday total amount reaches 6 digits! My army:
16 :wizard:
30 :monk: (I had to build a HUUUUUUGE temple for these, but also for the hornys)
8 :lord:
56 :priestess: (I let you imagine what happens when a gas spell occurs!)
12 :fairy:
6 :samurai:
20 :horny: (total carnage!)
37 :skeleton:
1 :bile:
2 :vampire:

All level 10.
Total: 188 creatures for 152356 gold each payday!!!

Of course, I could have get more creatures by imprisoning the remaining heroes on the level, but... I judged it was a sufficient army. :D

DragonsLover
July 27th, 2010, 03:39
50 views and not a single reply? Nobody played Deeper Dungeon levels? Nobody has something to say? :(

Metal Gear Rex
July 27th, 2010, 06:49
I honestly say no. Remember that very few DD levels have access to even a Prison, Graveyard, and if Torture Chamber than no Prison. Yeah it should be very obvious news to you that DD was rushed, but here's an idea to change your perspective.

Remember the number of scripting mistakes there were as well as mapping mistakes? Well I'm pretty sure you added it in your patch because it was in the script:

if(player0,scavenger >= 1)
room_available(player0,scavenger,1,1)
endif

You also were convinced because of the command:

ROOM_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,SCAVENGER,0,0)

Am I correct? The Prison had a similar set of commands. However, think of it like this. Perhaps it was a scripting mistake and not a mapping mistake? What if there was actually a misinterpretation and the Scavanger Room was included by mistake?

If that's true, then there really shouldn't be a Scavanger Room. I'm completely convinced that even if it was intended, it shouldn't exist simply because that level has a Gem Rock with it and that is a bad game-breaking combination.

Well, that's my opinion for ya, what do you think of my idea on what could have happened?

50 views and not a single reply? Nobody played Deeper Dungeon levels? Nobody has something to say? :(

Maybe they didn't know what to reply, were guests, or like me, were just checking in on things ;P

Also, try not to double post. Oh yeah, I so totally went there XD

Shuffles
March 4th, 2011, 17:22
I've had Dungeon Keeper for years now (played it on and off, as you do) and I've had no idea that the Scavenger Room had any use outside of maps against rival keepers (and even then I held off using it; it always seemed kinda cheap). Does it steal heroes from the map, creatures in the pool from off the map, or both?

Metal Gear Rex
March 4th, 2011, 17:30
I've had Dungeon Keeper for years now (played it on and off, as you do) and I've had no idea that the Scavenger Room had any use outside of maps against rival keepers (and even then I held off using it; it always seemed kinda cheap). Does it steal heroes from the map, creatures in the pool from off the map, or both?

It can Steal from any Creature on the map, but won't steal from the Creature Pool or off the map. (Except for this one time where it seemed to steal a Horned Reaper from off the map, I have no idea how that happened and I never saw it happen again) It can Steal Creatures, Heroes, Neutrals, anyone.

It is quite cheap. I don't use it often now anymore other than to counter scavange, or if I'm just bored and feel like creating a massive pwning army + master dungeon.

Airandius
March 4th, 2011, 20:13
I always thought they attracted their type:

Put a vampire in the scavenger room, you would get vampires.
Put a dragon in the scavenger room, you would get dragons.

That is what I experienced.

Metal Gear Rex
March 4th, 2011, 21:02
I always thought they attracted their type:

Put a vampire in the scavenger room, you would get vampires.
Put a dragon in the scavenger room, you would get dragons.

That is what I experienced.

Well obviously. The problem is that you only need to convert a few of the Heroes, then use the Scavanger Room that is funded by those Gem Rocks near the start, and you'll scavange out all the Heroes. Some invasion forces come from the east I believe. I managed to block them off by fortifying the walls, then slowly scavanged them out.

DragonsLover
March 5th, 2011, 22:13
Scavenger room CAN steal from the pool as long as you don't reach the creatures max limit allowed for that level. So, for example, if you have 10 Horned Reapers into the pool that you CAN'T attract because there's no CREATURE_AVAILABLE command, you can still use an unaligned Horned Reaper that you find to suck them from the pool with the room.