PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to increase the amount of things allowed?

DragonsLover
July 29th, 2010, 00:46
This is because there's a moment, when there's too much things on the level, where creatures and traps CEASE to deal damage. They keep fighting again and again and again without harming and this is really annoying. I was playing Morkardar and there was a moment where the enemy Keeper attacked my dungeon heart with his Mistresses and Trolls. As for me, I got a huge army of over 100 creatures to defend the dungeon, but because of the "too much things" bug (well, I'm pretty sure this is the reason why, considering the enemy dungeon to be full of workshops filled with crates), it's my army that mostly suffered of the attack instead of the enemy which wouldn't be the case if spells and attacks would cause damage properly.

Anyway, I won the level almost without problems, but I'd really appreciate to have this issue fixed. This is surely possible, I mean, with today's computers, they can surely handle a bigger amount of data in the memory than in the old time.

Otherwise, if it's not possible, would it be possible for the spells to cause damage without being drawn?

Here's a packet save of my game: 438

mefistotelis
July 29th, 2010, 20:44
Only when the KeeperFX is nearly completely rewritten it would be possible to change size of internal arrays: for things, creatures, path points, map dimensions, players etc.

I can't guarantee that the project will ever go that far.

DragonsLover
July 30th, 2010, 04:09
Okay. :/ But do you think you can just allow the spells to cause the damage without being drawn, or it's still not possible?

I wish it will be possible. Keep up the good work, Mefisto.

dragonfist
October 21st, 2010, 04:40
This is a Dungeon Keeper Bug, not a KeeperFX bug.
You can repair it, by selling your workshops, and reduce your traps and doors.

Metal Gear Rex
October 21st, 2010, 05:00
This is a Dungeon Keeper Bug, not a KeeperFX bug.
You can repair it, by selling your workshops, and reduce your traps and doors.

Well FX is a Fan eXpansion. I don't expect AI to know the difference when it is their fault.

Dungeon_Master
October 23rd, 2010, 01:00
Hey that might actually explain alot. Last night I was playing a campaign, I think one of the free levels starting with B and my creatures were having such a hard time killing the Fairies and Dwarves who seemed immortal along with one Giant and one Monk who would not just die.

However maybe that bug doesn't count, I think it could have been intentional because the Horned Reaper that came from somewhere slaughtered the enemies no matter what lv they were unless Fairy or Dwarf. And all the creatures attacks were messed up, I think whoever created that map actually did on purpose.

There's another campaign that I believe suffers badly from this (Someone's Castles, there's a name but I forgot) where it's an huge maze of the heroes, however because it's so bug and stuff I believe this is the reason why after uncovering the whole area my game continued to freeze, Dungeon Keeper bug I believe. (There's another map that kept crashing everytime I dug to a certain area of the map too but that wasn't big)

Metal Gear Rex
October 23rd, 2010, 01:13
Hey that might actually explain alot. Last night I was playing a campaign, I think one of the free levels starting with B and my creatures were having such a hard time killing the Fairies and Dwarves who seemed immortal along with one Giant and one Monk who would not just die.

However maybe that bug doesn't count, I think it could have been intentional because the Horned Reaper that came from somewhere slaughtered the enemies no matter what lv they were unless Fairy or Dwarf. And all the creatures attacks were messed up, I think whoever created that map actually did on purpose.

There's another campaign that I believe suffers badly from this (Someone's Castles, there's a name but I forgot) where it's an huge maze of the heroes, however because it's so bug and stuff I believe this is the reason why after uncovering the whole area my game continued to freeze, Dungeon Keeper bug I believe. (There's another map that kept crashing everytime I dug to a certain area of the map too but that wasn't big)

I think it is fairly related. When they attack, does it sound like they miss? Every time? If so, that probably is the bug. The only time I had this problem freeze my game was when I tried to mine out Earth rock too quickly durring this time.