PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Risk

Combat-Enforcer
July 30th, 2010, 16:06
Dungeon Keeper Risk

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/DKRiskExample.jpg

County map (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/DKRiskBorders.jpg)

- A monopoly based strategy with fluidly non-linear combat accross the proprietary of Skyber Trill, played in real time.

- Keep and maintain multiple dungeons during the events of non-combat, and move your creatures accross realms to reinforce locations there, or let them be where they are to protect or occupy in the dungeon.

- Teamplay

- Co-Keep dungeons with teammates.

- Gold transporting (to teammates and realms)

- Secret, uninhabited realms, which can only be found by another player when the realm it was discovered in has conquered the map (can contain more gold to fund the war or a number of secrets).

- By default, land locations are pre-owned by the hero country, which are controlled and dispatched from the Northcastle capitol, which is the most highly fortified, richest and the primary command point of the Hero team in Skyber Trill.

- Domains vary in diversity, some have minimal resistance and are easy/fast to conquer, but aren't as rich in resources, while others contain a spectrum of valuables or riches within.

- Accross dungeon Keeper to keeper telegrams.

- Gem pillars are rediculously rare, and also very valued.

- Secrets and enemies randomise for each war (entirely new game).

- Rename conquered lands.

- Unmonitored realms still remain alive and functioning, even when there's nobody on the map to view them.

- Revisit some firmiliar places from the singleplayer campaign and the Deeper Dungeons.

- Control and overseer an attack on a map with transported creatures, without the need for a dungeon heart (but is needed to conquer the realm and use any magical or structural powers, apart from posession).

- Owning different lands give slightly different bonuses as do owning entire counties (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/DKRiskBorders.jpg).

- Enter realms during any moment, even during battle between other opponents.

- Teams or players must conquer the land of Skyber Trill to win the war, and whipe out all enemy keepers/teams.

Anyone feel like creating this? I unfortunately have no experience with coding, but if anyone else thinks this is a good idea I could certainly help with the maps. Hopefully these anologies will help stimulate the interest in this sort of fulfulling gametype.

A New Room
July 30th, 2010, 16:48
Hmm... sounds like a rather complex idea. I'm not even sure if it would be possible, due to the probability of requiring a lot of changes to the original code. :(

Though if you can do it, I would say go for it.

Combat-Enforcer
July 30th, 2010, 21:03
As I said, I'm not able to do it, i have virtually no experience with coding; but hopefully someone else given the thought would be interested enough.

I don't think it's too much of a complicated idea, but getting maps to operate while nobody is in the map might be a bit tricky.

Necror
July 30th, 2010, 23:06
I don't think anyone will like the idea and you're seriously looking for a coder ,who likes it and has time
I'm sorry dude but I don't think you'll ever find one

Combat-Enforcer
July 31st, 2010, 00:23
It's for anyone who's willing to volunteer.

I don't think anyone will like the idea and you're seriously looking for a coder ,who likes it and has time
I'm sorry dude but I don't think you'll ever find one

That's not really for you to say.

Either way I think that mockup of the world overview alone can't be any worse than your Quake 3 map featured in your signature.

kyle
July 31st, 2010, 01:18
Things are getting personal.

Necror
August 8th, 2010, 20:09
sourceforge/Risk_install.exe/download (http://sourceforge.net/projects/risk/files/Risk/1.1.0.1/Risk_install_1.1.0.1.exe/download)
download it.
then unzip the attachment in your risk/maps folder
even you could've done that and its much better then what you were saying because even after reading it 5 times i still don't get it.

(its DKII if you want i might make a DKI version two.

Combat-Enforcer
August 28th, 2010, 01:42
Necror, I don't understand what that has got to do with my suggestion in the post above. This hasn't got anything to do with that basic Risk game you posted there; or anything to do with being a board game.

This is Dungeon Keeper risk, the game takes place in the game aswell while entering/occupying/defending/attacking a dungeon/area. And across many maps at the same time.

I don't think you are actually trying to give genuine constructive feedback, rather than being blatantly condescending; since I don't think you bothered to read the post properly at all.

The picture in the post featured above just features the overview example of the entire country; since you already know what the game looks like while playing it, spare some relevant interfaces or two/status fields which would be needed to assist this game overall.

Necror
August 28th, 2010, 09:23
well your sugestion is just stupid mines realistic.
and it both goes under the name DK Risk

Combat-Enforcer
August 29th, 2010, 02:24
Whether my suggestion is stupid or not is entirely a matter of opinion, not that you understood it in the first place to even actually make a sensible opinion about it.

And it doesn't matter whether your idea is realistic or not, a side map for the computer version of a Risk board game has nothing to do with this. That shareware game doesn't really have the ability to 'Play Dungeon Keeper'.