PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Tiles Shifting

Dilas
August 8th, 2010, 23:04
Mostly, this happens to doors, bridges and worst of all gems, when certain rooms are built near them. The bridges will shift into unclaimed dirt, but can be sold and rebought to solve.

The door issue can be solved same way or by locking/unlocking as the door sometimes turns into a 3x3 purple grid. The worst is gems when certain things are built near them, even worse, sometimes when gold is mined near them, it also causes the gem block to graphic glitch.

The treasure room I know for sure causes these oddities, making gem gathering that much more difficult and if the gem block does shift, you can sometimes lose imp slots.

DragonsLover
August 9th, 2010, 21:10
Do you have the latest version of the game patched to 0.37c? This is the version I have and there's no such problems.

Dilas
August 10th, 2010, 01:03
I even reunzipped and overwrote the files I originally downloaded. It still had the same issues.

DragonsLover
August 11th, 2010, 05:24
Apparently, seems to be related with the path problem in your other post. It seems that KeeperFX is unable to locate the required data.

That, or your computer can't handle the game correctly, which would surprise me.

Because really, I have no idea. It should work.

Dilas
August 14th, 2010, 20:09
I attached a few screenshots that show what I mean. The oddly glitched tiles were once doors but I built a treasure tile next to them and they glitched.

Hopefully this can help things along.

DragonsLover
August 15th, 2010, 20:29
That's weird... I noticed that you use a brighter brightness, does the same thing occur when you use the darkest brightness?

Otherwise, what does the log say about that? Try also the debug version.

Finally, I'd be curious to have a saved game of that bug.

Dilas
August 20th, 2010, 19:34
Well, I added a save file and a debug.

This one comes from the first AK map where everything also looks like a Hellhound.

Hopefully this can get solved.

Dilas
August 29th, 2010, 20:13
I hate to seem impatient, but is anyone looking into this?

DragonsLover
August 30th, 2010, 09:00
I will, as soon as I get my new computer 'cause my previous one broke. :(

Pizu_Meaku
September 1st, 2010, 16:48
You sure you download the FULL version first? then applied patch A THEN B THEN C?

DragonsLover
September 12th, 2010, 06:24
I just checked with your saved game and it's indeed weird. However, I tried doing the same thing on my own and I couldn't manage to repeat the bug and the log you sent doesn't seem to help either. If you're saying that there's also a lot of Hellhounds, it surely mean that you got the similar bug (http://www.keeperklan.com/threads/1134-Can-t-get-640x480-resolution-to-work-with-command-lines) I got myself when I installed the game in another folder and keeping an older version in the Keeper folder.

Ensure that you installed the 0.37 version of the game in a folder named Keeper, then applies the 0.37c patch on it by overwriting the existing files, modifies the KeeperFX.cfg file to make the game works without problems then run the game again. If the same problem occurs, then I have absolutely no idea. Try the debug version and send the LOG of that version.