PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish Changing Colours

OneLastBattle
August 9th, 2010, 21:49
Is it possible to play skirmish as a colour other than red?

emperorjay
August 9th, 2010, 22:18
yes, although i dont know how :(

Metal Gear Rex
August 9th, 2010, 22:20
There is one way. But you need a version of the game which allows you to add computers in multiplayer games. Do you have that?

emperorjay
August 9th, 2010, 22:23
i have such a version :)

OneLastBattle
August 9th, 2010, 22:44
Yep, I can add computer players to multiplayer hosted games though I can't change my colour there, either.

Metal Gear Rex
August 10th, 2010, 01:44
Here's the trick, I learned this while attempting to get a game going with my dad a while ago. The problem is, you need two computers.

Basically, Computer01 hosts the game. Then Computer02 joins it, and will be Blue. Then Computer01 leaves the match, and Computer02 becomes the host and remains Blue. That's the trick. It SHOULD work, but I haven't actually used it since as I don't play DK2 as often nor care what color I am when I do. Still, try it out. I'm pretty sure it will work ;P

emperorjay
August 10th, 2010, 02:13
there is another way, unknownmaster21 while looking to make players more than 4 managed to change the colour of his wall and stuff he made it a dark blue, when i next see him on hamachi i will ask him ;)

Metal Gear Rex
August 10th, 2010, 06:20
there is another way, unknownmaster21 while looking to make players more than 4 managed to change the colour of his wall and stuff he made it a dark blue, when i next see him on hamachi i will ask him ;)

Well if it means he found it on the way of trying to increase the max, then I would imagine it requires some modifying of the game or something (Like playing with the palettes or something) which would be a more permenant effect until you undo said changes. Though I must say I am interested in how he did this.

emperorjay
August 10th, 2010, 09:03
yea i think he did modify the palette

OneLastBattle
August 10th, 2010, 21:56
Don't have two computers, so I guess I can't do it :(

Metal Gear Rex
August 11th, 2010, 03:19
Don't have two computers, so I guess I can't do it :(

Yeah I don't know what to tell you. Well, you could find someone else to help you ;P (Though they'd probably either A. Be too lazy or B. Want a real game or possibly C. Not reply)

emperorjay
August 21st, 2010, 07:43
i talked to unknown master and you have to change the mapcolours. but the colour change is only for that map

Metal Gear Rex
August 21st, 2010, 12:54
i talked to unknown master and you have to change the mapcolours. but the colour change is only for that map

Interesting, and somewhat good as that isn't like a game-changing thing. Though I'd like to know a bit more detailed so I could do it myself (I'd probably just use it to re-make some skirmish maps to make myself Purple or something, lol)

emperorjay
August 21st, 2010, 17:00
well i wish i could explain in full detail, but he hasn't responded to me yet :P but yea id change keeper 1 to white for my hero campaign, that might actually motivate me to finish it XD

Metal Gear Rex
August 21st, 2010, 19:12
well i wish i could explain in full detail, but he hasn't responded to me yet :P but yea id change keeper 1 to white for my hero campaign, that might actually motivate me to finish it XD

Don't you mean DK2? :P There already is a tool for that purpose in DK1, though it changes settings for the whole game >.>

A New Room
August 21st, 2010, 19:22
I'm pretty sure he does, since he said "id change keeper 1 to white for my hero campaign", though that did confuse me as well...

emperorjay
August 21st, 2010, 19:31
yea im talking about dk2 :P

Metal Gear Rex
August 21st, 2010, 19:45
I'm pretty sure he does, since he said "id change keeper 1 to white for my hero campaign", though that did confuse me as well...

yea im talking about dk2 :P

Owned >:P XD Jk ;P

emperorjay
August 21st, 2010, 19:47
if you loved me you would have known i was making a dk2 hero campaign :( you even commented on it :P

Metal Gear Rex
August 21st, 2010, 19:51
if you loved me you would have known i was making a dk2 hero campaign :( you even commented on it :P

...I did? I remembers nothings, I hasn't played DK2 much lately, besides a My Pet Dungeon map which annoyed me cause I accidentally pressed Space Bar before I built an army of Trolls in order to get a massive amount of Sentries fast and then beat the crap out of the Heroes in an infinite invasion.

That would have been awesome...

Buts for DK1 I is making a maps ;P Just need to test it and adjust it to make sure the keepers does whats I wants him to dos :P

Ram-Kults
December 20th, 2013, 03:18
Decided to post here instead of creating "new" thread and because this one has biggest number of posts. Still, sorry for necroposting.

Any news regarding changing color in skirmish or campaign?

Galador
December 26th, 2013, 19:27
Same here as well, any way to change from red to blue? I really dig the blue colour of AI keepers and cringe whenever I have to destroy them.:(

Galador
December 27th, 2013, 20:02
This is an interesting thread, have either of you tried out any of these old suggestions I've quoted?

But there's no tutorial on how to modify the palette or change the map colours.

And I only have one computer that can play DK2, so the hosting suggestion won't work for me. (Plus I've never played Multiplayer)