PDA

View Full Version : Horned Reaper

Metal Gear Rex
September 2nd, 2010, 03:07
While testing something else, I took a glance at the Horned Reaper's spells, and noticed that he has Protect at Level 8. I do believe this is quite an imbalance, as the Horned Reaper is powerful enough. If anything, we should be searching for something to be more of a drawback as he's too easy to handle as it is.

While this is something in DL's patch, I am posting it here because this also effects KeeperFX. Your thoughts on this?

DragonsLover
September 3rd, 2010, 06:10
Well, do you know what? I said the same thing to Mefisto, but here's what he answered:

Still, why removing Armour? He is a top creature after all..

So, huh, well... I said "okay". :rolleyes:

I gave Armour to him because of the Dexterity bug. I wanted to make him live longer. Since the bug had been somewhat fixed, I agree with you, MGR, to remove it. Sure, he's a top creature, but not too much. I mean, he already has a high armour.

What do you think about that, folks?

Madkill
September 3rd, 2010, 06:24
You do remember that you have a sacrifice three creatures in-order to obtain a Horned Reaper, right?

If you're being attacked at two points, the Horned Reaper can only fend off one lot. Not both. Whereas a Bile Demon and a Mistress could do one each whilst a troll makes doors and traps.

Look further into it next time.

The Avatar(a) is overpowered too, want to nerf DnD lore whilst you're at it?

Metal Gear Rex
September 3rd, 2010, 12:09
Well, do you know what? I said the same thing to Mefisto, but here's what he answered:

So, huh, well... I said "okay". :rolleyes:

I gave Armour to him because of the Dexterity bug. I wanted to make him live longer. Since the bug had been somewhat fixed, I agree with you, MGR, to remove it. Sure, he's a top creature, but not too much. I mean, he already has a high armour.

What do you think about that, folks?

I loled, wow, I thought that was your suggestion >.> looks like I was wrong. Guess I should have checked your patch first, though, I thought you had been updating it and in that case, I didn't have the latest version so I thought it would have been pointless even so. But yeah.

You do remember that you have a sacrifice three creatures in-order to obtain a Horned Reaper, right?

If you're being attacked at two points, the Horned Reaper can only fend off one lot. Not both. Whereas a Bile Demon and a Mistress could do one each whilst a troll makes doors and traps.

Look further into it next time.

The Avatar(a) is overpowered too, want to nerf DnD lore whilst you're at it?

Horned Reaper can own all of them. Also, the Avatar is meant to be the final boss. The Horned Reaper you can get multiple of in the campaign, Avatar, not really. (Well, in the original DK yeah but only 2 and you probably won't have a chance to convert both before you kill everyone... unless a Fairy gets caught in the ceiling)

Therefore, you cannot apply the same logic. Not to the Knight either as the Knight's strength comes from a different area partcially. (Killing most support units with that Rebound of his)

DragonsLover
September 4th, 2010, 06:52
Actually, the :horny: has still Armour, but with your post, I'm gonna change this so that he won't get the spell anymore.

Pizu_Meaku
September 5th, 2010, 11:03
It might just be me but whats the problem? isn't the Horny ment to be this strong? after he is the Horned Reaper. I don't see why you should change the defaults of creatures to your own liking. You will unbalance maps by this who depend on the Horned Reapers strenght en blood thristy behaviour. Some things are ment to be sertant ways and they should be kept that way :) Just my opinion.

Madkill
September 12th, 2010, 21:06
Horned Reapers absolutely suck on their own if there are enough strong units, regardless of the 'protect' spell. Just like everything else in the game.

5 level 10 dragson or 5 level 10 Bile Demons > 1 Horned Reaper.

Now ask yourself, what's easier to get? :D

Metal Gear Rex
September 13th, 2010, 08:50
Horned Reapers absolutely suck on their own if there are enough strong units, regardless of the 'protect' spell. Just like everything else in the game.

5 level 10 dragson or 5 level 10 Bile Demons > 1 Horned Reaper.

Now ask yourself, what's easier to get? :D

The Horned Reaper.

DragonsLover
September 14th, 2010, 02:33
In fact, it depends on the availability of the creatures and the temple on the current level.

Metal Gear Rex
September 14th, 2010, 12:09
In fact, it depends on the availability of the creatures and the temple on the current level.

Not to mention, you could get a lot more of Horned Reapers. If the limit of Trolls/Bile Demons/Dark Mistresses = 5, you can still get 20 Horned Reapers (If your max creature limit is 20)

Two ideas pop to mind, one is a "Max Temple Creature" command, where if you have more than say 4 Horned Reapers, you can no longer get Horned Reapers. Another idea is a "Count as 5" (or something) creature property that could be given to the Horned Reaper. Basically, it means a Horned Reaper counts as 5 creatures. That last one would totally balance them all together (Where as the former could prevent Horned Reaper spam)

Madkill
September 14th, 2010, 17:31
Dragons and Bile Demons are the easiest creatures to get... :|

Pizu_Meaku
September 14th, 2010, 18:46
the horned reaper counting as 5 creatures? how hard are you trying to unbalance the game, lol!

Bile Demons and Dragon ARE indeed the easiest to get hence you get the earlier. the Reaper requires stuff that you get later on if i remember correctly.

Metal Gear Rex
September 14th, 2010, 19:44
the horned reaper counting as 5 creatures? how hard are you trying to unbalance the game, lol!

Bile Demons and Dragon ARE indeed the easiest to get hence you get the earlier. the Reaper requires stuff that you get later on if i remember correctly.

I was listing an example, 5 because it is a rounded off number. :rolleyes:

Also, do not underestimate the Horned Reaper. They're broken as hell, I need to see how high leveled a Giant needs to be in order to kill a level 2 Horned Reaper. (Level 2 = No Speed, Level 5 Horned Reaper and above mark hell)