PDA

View Full Version : Original Campaign issue - can't end level.

Tuna
September 3rd, 2010, 11:21
Greetings! After a long search to play DK1 on Vista, I found KeeperFX, which worked wonders - I've had no gameplay problems.. apart from the fact that I cannot end the level Eversmile after killing the lord of the land. I get the prompt to press Space and continue, but nothing happens. I've tried the first three levels of the KDK Levels, and they work. I've not tried any other campaigns - first and foremost I want the original for nostalgia purposes, then I'll move onwards to custom maps. Anyone had this problem, or know of it?

(p.s the colour scheme while posting is appalling as default o.o (grey text on white background))

DragonsLover
September 4th, 2010, 07:00
Greetings and welcome, Tuna! :)

That's weird... Try to restart the level (shouldn't be a problem). If the problem still occurs, try the debug version. If again, it fails, could you please send a copy of the LOG?

Tuna
September 4th, 2010, 10:02
I'm actually very sorry to disappoint - it works in debugging mode. o.O. I'll try it again in normal mode and see if that's the problem!

Edit: Done it again in non-debugging, and it works. Maybe it's because I'm hitting space before the prompt to hit space comes up. Anyway, you appear to have fixed it for me by making me try debugging, thank you kindly!

Edit2: Next level along doesn't want to let me finish - seems like I'm going to be playing in debugging mode. :<

Edit3: Of note, I can exit a completed level to the main screen, then click continue and the level is counted as completed. Odd work around, but it'll do.

Edit4: some levels don't even require that and just work. -.-