PDA

View Full Version : halp pl0x

Pizu_Meaku
September 4th, 2010, 16:03
ohai,

I'm working on this map for the campaign im currently making but... i have a question: i have this green keeper which is allowed to have demonspawns. Is it possible for ONLY that player to make them not evolve into dragons?

thanks in advance

Pizu Meaku Shin Shedji

Mothrayas
September 4th, 2010, 17:00
SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(​PLAYER2,​DEMONSPAWN,� �10)

Edit by DragonsLover: DEMON_SPAWN doesn't have an underscore.

Pizu_Meaku
September 5th, 2010, 10:08
Thanks mothrayas and DL :) i hope to be releasing this campaign im working on asap ^_^

EDIT: i do not thank you DL, i take that back. Demonspawn doesn't need a underscore :)

DragonsLover
September 6th, 2010, 06:48
That's exactly what I said.

Pizu_Meaku
September 6th, 2010, 13:34
you said:

Edit by DragonsLover: DEMON_SPAWN doesn't have an underscore

as if it were missing there for making it only more confusing hence the code he posted was correct. You picked your words incorrect then :)

Second question: is it possible to break an alliance between players IF it has been defined at the beginning of the game?

dotted
September 6th, 2010, 14:07
you said:

as if it were missing there for making it only more confusing hence the code he posted was correct. You picked your words incorrect then :)

Second question: is it possible to break an alliance between players IF it has been defined at the beginning of the game?

DragonsLover removed the underscore which was there initially, so DragonsLovers code is correct Mothrayas' code was wrong.

DragonsLover
September 7th, 2010, 02:31
You didn't catch it, Pizu. Initially, Mothrayas mistakenly put an underscore between DEMON and SPAWN. This is why I edited the post to tell him that it doesn't take an underscore. Otherwise, if he was correct, I wouldn't even edit his post at all. And for that, you don't thank me? Pfff, shame on you! I won't even answer to your second question! :p

Hehehe! :D You and only you can break an alliance with other Keepers by going through the Information panel and clicking on the head icon next to the "max creatures" other blinking head. I don't think you can break alliances between two AI Keepers during the game. I guess a modification of the ALLY_PLAYERS command in KeeperFX would be nice where a boolean would be included, as follows:

ALLY_PLAYERS(PLAYER1,PLAYER2,1) = Allied
ALLY_PLAYERS(PLAYER1,PLAYER2,0) = No more allied

Pizu_Meaku
September 8th, 2010, 14:55
Oh well we all make mistakes, like Mothrayas did! Sorry :) Strange tough, because turning on a alliance at the beginning of a map seems to work with the ",1 ". Does it cause any problem or bugs if you declair it whitout?

Next question:
yes, i keep bothering you guys :) I have this situation where the Land Lord's troops ARE able to attack my dungeon heart but i want them specifity to attack another keeper's heart first :) I tried spawning them right next to it but that doesn't work, they'll fight trough and end up near my dungeon heart and bashing it up :p

Duke Ragereaver
September 8th, 2010, 15:06
From what I've observed, the human player always takes priority for the Heroes to attack, I'm not sure if this would also apply in MP, nor does it matter now. As far I know, the only way to per se direct the Heroes at enemy Keepers is to direct them as tunneller parties to either their hearts or dungeons.

For example ( assuming you know how to make parties enter the game, if it's not the case, please say so ;) ) I've made this tunneller party.

ADD_TUNNELLER_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,ELITE,-4,DUNGEON(1),1(2),9,1200)

With this, I have set this tunneller party to dig to the dungeon (1) of the Blue Keeper (2). Be warned, this is not exactly flawless; I've noticed if the Tunneller Dwarf is dead and the rest of the party is alive they will direct themselves to you by default!

DragonsLover
September 8th, 2010, 20:22
Strange tough, because turning on a alliance at the beginning of a map seems to work with the ",1 ". Does it cause any problem or bugs if you declair it whitout?

There's no ",1" at the end of the command. Did you read what I said? Read again:

I guess a modification of the ALLY_PLAYERS command in KeeperFX would be nice where a boolean would be included

Actually, there's NO boolean in the command.

For your next questions, as Duke said, try a tunneller party. However, don't put the numbers between parentheses in the script. You must simply insure that you write DUNGEON and 1. In fact, DUNGEON_HEART would be much better I guess.

ADD_TUNNELLER_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,YOUR_PART Y,AP,DUNGEON_HEART,1,TUNNELLER_EXPERIENCE,GOLD)

Pizu_Meaku
September 9th, 2010, 12:31
Whoa i missed that part DL :) sorry :)

and thanks again, ill see what i can do with the tunneller :)

dragonfist
October 22nd, 2010, 09:26
In most cases, putting an action_point at a Dungeon Heart gives some extra control.
You can assign a party to move to that action point.

This Allied Players on/off, I tried that in the past in many ways. It seems to me, it is impossible. I have succeeded in changing the max_creatures during the game, switching on and off spells and rooms. But Allied players seem to be static, and this can not be changed by commands during the game. If some one knows a way, I also would be interested to know how. You will have to find another way, to make your effect.