PDA

View Full Version : WFTO 2nd Generation Staff / Applications

Metal Gear Rex
March 11th, 2011, 18:06
Note that the information is inaccurate, so until I update the thread properly, please take a look at the team page on the WftO Site to view the current Staff
Link (http://wfto.net23.net/team/)

Current Staff:

Project Leader:
Kyle

Art Department:
Monsterbaby - Concept Art
Synthesia - Concept Art
Blutonium - 3D Art

Voice Acting:
A New Room - Mentor

Programers:
Jezza - Graphics
Matt - Gameplay
Max Hayman - Gameplay / AI
Nebster - General

Translators:
Duke RageReaver - Dutch

Multiple Roles:
Sire - Gameplay Mechanics, Public Relations, Organizer [Retired]

Honorable Mention:
QwentyJ for starting the 2nd Generation WFTO team.
1st Generation WFTO Developers for the foundation provided.
Bullfrog for creating Dungeon Keeper.

Special Thanks:
The KeeperKlan Community
Dungeon Keeper Fans

Click on the spoiler if you desire to send an application to the WFTO team.

Requested Positions:
Music Composer / Editors
Voice Actors
Talented Concept Artists (Must be active)
Level Designers
Cut Scene Department of Ideas
Engine Testers
Sound FX, Recording, Editing

To apply for a position...

1: Post in this very thread requesting for the position of application
2: State the time you are able to work on the project.
3: Give past experience in that role.
4: Give an example of your work, whether it be past or made up on the spot.

While the above is just very basic, the more information / examples you can give, the better the chance of getting the position.

Brundfrussus
March 17th, 2011, 11:25
I sent this post to Kyle, I'll just post it here as well. :P

I want in!

Dungeon keeper has been my number 1 favorite entertainment of all time. It has been my dream since I first saw the DK3 trailer after completing DK2 to play the sequal... However that didn't seem a possibility... Then I thought to myself, "Hey, I'll make it myself!" so I went to study software engineering at Reykjavik University to get some programming experience and work from there, started last autumn (2010).

I have an undying ambition when it comes to this game, I had already started some ideas concerning rooms, creatures, multiplayer, single-player and balance, and balance is exactly where I want to be in this game. Up until then I'll do just about anything, I don't have vast programming experience but I am a pretty damn fast learner and if you give me the opportunity, I will not disappoint you!

Love your idea of making the game free! As a bonus, we could sell in-game stuff like skins for creatures and maybe even tiles and/or walls.

PS. I guess dungeon keeper set the music path for me, check http://www.myspace.com/beneathdeathmetal , my death metal band ;)

Mothrayas
March 17th, 2011, 16:16
Love your idea of making the game free! As a bonus, we could sell in-game stuff like skins for creatures and maybe even tiles and/or walls.

I don't think making profit off copyrighted material that is currently legally owned by EA is a good idea. Makes it all the more likely to get a C&D during development.

Brundfrussus
March 18th, 2011, 09:53
Ah yeah, I seem to have blocked that copyright problem in my mind. What does it take to get the copyright or some other sort of license or blessing from EA? :P

I got this idea from playing League of Legends. Their game is free to play in every aspect, but you can buy skins for your champions to make them look better but you can't buy in-game advantage.

Metal Gear Rex
March 18th, 2011, 09:56
What does it take to get the copyright or some other sort of license or blessing from EA? :P

I think the first problem is getting an answer.

Skyman
March 20th, 2011, 14:13
I would love to do the voice acting.
Thanks!

Mothrayas
March 22nd, 2011, 22:44
Eh, I might as well sign up for Level Design on WftO. It seems now that if we ever got to that point, mapmaking staff would be a bit small, considering we'd want quite a few maps in there.

While I'm at it, I could also assist DR in translating the entire game to Dutch. And I can also work as an engine tester.

I'd be able to invest quite a bit of time into each of the roles, and I'd be available almost every day in case some work needs to be done.

As for experience (in mapmaking), I have done countless DK1 map projects, most of which never get uploaded and/or got lost on my hard drive. For some examples, see my Heroic Invasion maps in the DK1 Mapmaking release section.