PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Menus?

adamski
September 6th, 2010, 13:50
Hello everybody,
Just worndering if i read the faq right, there are supposed to be 3 cheat menus correct?

The number pad enter one from the over view works, the number pad enter from creature posession appears but i cant use it. Are there any more and use do i use them?

mefistotelis
September 6th, 2010, 18:41
Correct, there are three.

Two of them can only be invoked in possession.

HellsFait
September 8th, 2010, 09:28
I can't seem to get the cheat menus to pop up at all.

DragonsLover
September 8th, 2010, 20:00
Probably because you doesn't do it the right way... :rolleyes:

If someone has found the way, you can surely find it too. And you can take a look at the source code to help you out too. ;) But anyway, as stated in the Readme, the cheat menus are only partially functionnal.

HellsFait
September 10th, 2010, 00:25
Is it different then in normal Keeper? If not, then I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it wrong. Just, nothing comes up.

DragonsLover
September 11th, 2010, 07:36
Cheat menus were taken from the Beta versions of the game. They were after removed for the final version.

Hint: command line required.

Pizu_Meaku
September 14th, 2010, 18:50
i tried out the cheat menu in the Beta Version, it isn't that exciting in my opinion :p and half of it didn't work...

secondly are we supposed to guess? alright:

-cheat
-cheatcode
-hornyhackzor
-c
-codes
-mefistolishispie
-hackzorcrackzor

DragonsLover
September 14th, 2010, 20:57
Wooah!!! Now you go really really really far. :eek:

All the command lines are simply in the Readme of KeeperFX. Take a look and read (http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_read.php). One of them is the command line you're looking for, and it's kinda obvious which one it is, too.

HellsFait
September 25th, 2010, 01:18
All these hints and I still can't figure this out >.< I'm failing on a monumental level here. The command line thing didn't seem to help at all, nothing happened. But maybe I'm trying to get them to pop up wrong in the first place. I don't really want to post what I've tried since it seems like saying how to do it would be frowned upon :(

DragonsLover
September 25th, 2010, 05:19
*Sigh* Okay then, very easy:

Start the game with -alex commandline. Once in the game (not from a saved game), press numpad Enter for a cheat menu. For a second cheat menu, possess a minion and press numpad Enter again. For the third one, same thing, but press F12 instead.

HellsFait
September 25th, 2010, 21:11
Thanks ^-^ it seems my fail was on quite a high level here. I had it all right except for not starting from a saved game...wow I feel dumb lol

dk2player
September 26th, 2010, 04:56
i had that problem once. But i quickly fixed it by starting over

thebobman
May 22nd, 2012, 19:56
*Sigh* Okay then, very easy:

Start the game with -alex commandline. Once in the game (not from a saved game), press numpad Enter for a cheat menu. For a second cheat menu, possess a minion and press numpad Enter again. For the third one, same thing, but press F12 instead.

Hi.. im a bit of an idiot when it come to these things.... i have my command prompt thing open...
has c:\documents and setting\admin>
how do i open keeper fx or normal keeper with the -alex coammnd line?
i have tried typing in where the file is..
but no luck... can you help?

DragonsLover
May 23rd, 2012, 01:23
The command line must be inserted either into a shortcut or through "Run..." (Windows + R keys). Once you get the path of KeeperFX.exe, simply add the command line at the end and you're done.

friscmanseby
August 8th, 2012, 23:00
A little curiosity: are the cheat hardcoded in the game o there's a way to modify parameters?

mefistotelis
August 9th, 2012, 19:04
I'm not planning to make cheats configurable outside of source.

After all, cheats are made primarily as a development tool.
For example you can use them to easily make a large fight (putting creatures and heroes) and test if fighting works right. Or you can reduce price of rooms to have a chance of testing them properly without the need of digging gold.

End users may use cheats - but it's just a dev helper, not the functionality.

friscmanseby
August 26th, 2012, 15:31
Sometimes I use cheat to test an idea, I create a level with just the elements I'm trying without create the script and in that case cheats are good for testing... And I think that if cheats are configurable will not be advantage just the cheater, but also the one who think "Oh, let's me try this idea" and so he will have better instruments. Moreover, in the F12 cheat menu there are functions (like give creature spell) that not work (they should give to a creature all the spells without be at 10, right?). You will make these function to work or is not a priority for now?

DragonsLover
August 26th, 2012, 18:35
Actually, this could also be a good "tool" if we're planning to make MPD mode. We could use such a menu to add heroes, trigger parties or stuff like that.

mefistotelis
August 26th, 2012, 21:38
What you're writing is quite convincing.

Which options the menu is missing?
What do you think should be configurable?

EDIT:
The options which aren't working - I can make them if you think they're needed.

friscmanseby
August 27th, 2012, 14:26
I think the "give creature spell", that should give all the spell that the creature (the one you're questioning/possessing) will learn through training can be useful if you're experimenting on spells. Another thing can be that the add creature should be configurable: which creature (including heroes) you want to add (for example you want to test if will happen a certain thing when you will have 10 vampires), and for which player (from player0 to player good, including blue, green and yellow) it will work... Maybe some Timer configurator (shows you which timers are activated by the script and you can reset and/or modify them, to accelerate the script testing). At the moment I can't think to other features, but (since the game is quite tested), maybe they can focus on script testing...

DragonsLover
August 28th, 2012, 01:02
Yup, it would be nice if we could actually define what creature we wanna add, and at which experience level. We could also have an option to trigger a random hero party from a selected action point or, if possible, define the parties ourselves, or even set the "difficulty" of parties like "easy", "medium", "hard", "very hard", "insane"... stuff like that. This could be interesting!

friscmanseby
August 29th, 2012, 14:07
For example, if I want to test which one is the stronger between 2 creatures, I have to create a level, put in the 2 creatures, move the level in the levels folder, and play the level. With a larger (and more customizable) cheat menu, you will need just a sandbox level to test whatever you want...

mefistotelis
September 14th, 2012, 16:49
btw, the cheats are not only in-game, but also in land view (where you select a level).

You can travel through the levels of any campaign by correct keys.. its ctrl+around F10 if I remember correctly. I'm not sure.

All cheats are enabled with the same command line option.

friscmanseby
September 14th, 2012, 17:08
Wow, this is really useful, if you want just to play certain levels... But there isn't this in the readme. Did you just discover it?

mefistotelis
September 14th, 2012, 22:23
Wow, this is really useful, if you want just to play certain levels... But there isn't this in the readme. Did you just discover it?

No, I wrote them quite long ago, when I was testing the capability to use multiple campaigns.