PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon keeper INTRO - Re-edited

Pizu_Meaku
September 13th, 2010, 16:46
soo... basicly i had the tools for ages on my computer but only yesterday I decided to do something with them :imp: I edited the Dungeon Keeper intro, i added ingame effects to bring it more to life... (credits to Mefistolis his *.dat Extractor). Please give you're opinion/feedback :D This one isn't perfect... I know.... But I'm going to re-do it soon hence this was made quickly last night. I'm going to make it in stereo and then re-edit the sound in again for a little more realistic effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3e1wRURkrc

NOTE: i only edit the sound effects in.. i did not change anything to the display/screen of the video. I am thinking of trying this too... you know... trying to pimp the video quality if possible without damaging it :)

Also, i couldn't find a evil horny laugh sound ingame... So thats one thing i want to ask you guys for help with, can anyone Supply me? :horny:

DragonsLover
September 14th, 2010, 02:44
Haha! :D Not bad, but perhaps quite a bit too much humoristic than serious, or some sound effects aren't really appropriate. But it's a good start!

As for the Horny laugh, there's one in the Beta introduction sequence. You can get it in my DK Unofficial Patch V4.

I had no idea it was actually possible to edit the video sequences. I remember that there was additional sound effects in the Goodies CD of the collector editor of the game, some of them being reserved especially for the video sequences. It could be very interesting to pimp the video sequences and include them in KeeperFX. I definitely need to give this a try.

Pizu_Meaku
September 14th, 2010, 13:41
Haha! :D Not bad, but perhaps quite a bit too much humoristic than serious, or some sound effects aren't really appropriate. But it's a good start!

As for the Horny laugh, there's one in the Beta introduction sequence. You can get it in my DK Unofficial Patch V4.

I had no idea it was actually possible to edit the video sequences. I remember that there was additional sound effects in the Goodies CD of the collector editor of the game, some of them being reserved especially for the video sequences. It could be very interesting to pimp the video sequences and include them in KeeperFX. I definitely need to give this a try.

Haha, yeah well i did make this fast in one night... :) And i think you know what you mean with the inappropiate sounds, most likely the landlord talking but i didn't really know what ells to put there. *enter suggestion here*! But you would please be more specific? :) If i'm going to make the Stereo one i'd prefer if'd know exacly what not(and maybe replace) in the next versioN :)

I found you're patch thingy, ill see what i can do with this version :)

DragonsLover
September 14th, 2010, 21:06
About the Lord of the land talking, the intro sequence in my patch, instead of speaking, the LOTL is simply shouting.

Pizu_Meaku
September 15th, 2010, 16:25
About the Lord of the land talking, the intro sequence in my patch, instead of speaking, the LOTL is simply shouting.

In your version he's pretending to be a ninja!

I tried 'your' Beta version but apprently the Drums are diffrent... Meaning if i exacly paste the same piece(for example the horny laughing) to the other version the beat is off and its not pretty to hear....

DragonsLover
September 15th, 2010, 23:47
Awr... too bad then. Try the sounds in the Goodies.

Pizu_Meaku
September 16th, 2010, 08:10
Awr... too bad then. Try the sounds in the Goodies.

Good suggestion :)