PDA

View Full Version : Totally bizarre idea

Guy L W Hardy
September 19th, 2010, 22:51
I love gaming on my iPad, and I think that DK2 rendered for the iPad would be smokin'. I also think the iPad would be an ideal platform for DK3 for the West of us - to hell with that commie s#|t!

I still enjoy playing DK2, putting together YET ANOTHER FAQ, and seeing how many other ways I can beat the game - faster, more points, that kind of silly stuff.

Any bites?

dotted
September 20th, 2010, 11:57
I also think the iPad would be an ideal platform

NO!

A New Room
September 20th, 2010, 13:29
While it is a new and interesting game development platform, and can somtimes be cheaper to develop on, it isn't exactly free or easy to do. I.e. If it were handled correctly it might end up somewhere in the realms of ok, but you also have to take into consideration that a lot of the game would end up quite over simplified just to compensate for the lack of accuracy in the controls, and it would never have the same feel as the mouse and keyboard. For example actions like slapping a creature, picking it up and marking blocks would have to be done by a certain number of taps, or by specific gestures. Got wrong you would end up slapping a creature, picking up a different one, and digging in a direction you weren't really planning to.

But most of all you would alienate those who don't have access to use of an Ipad. Namely me )':