PDA

View Full Version : Hero lair`s issue..

Keeper_Infernal
September 23rd, 2010, 14:20
Hello keeper Klan!

Every time i play a level before i finish it I MUST convert every thing which has color (not including the rocks and solids..) to color RED I dont know why its kinda hobby (or obsession) of mine in its REALLY bothering me when something annoying as Lair Hero stains its presence on my "all perfect red map"
and I just cant claim him of my map!! :mad::mad::mad: I decide to change my favorite levels this way so i could claim the annoying obstacle and purify my map from the hero presence...

Now the problem is that even through i managed to make the hero lair possible to attack but my imps just could not convert it to red.. :( it jump on it and all but nothing happen.. :(

what to do??? :(:(:(

(Btw ill like to know how to make it common for all levels i mean make it a default option for dk..)

Thx in advance!:D

Metal Gear Rex
September 23rd, 2010, 23:39
Hello keeper Klan!

Every time i play a level before i finish it I MUST convert every thing which has color (not including the rocks and solids..) to color RED I dont know why its kinda hobby (or obsession) of mine in its REALLY bothering me when something annoying as Lair Hero stains its presence on my "all perfect red map"
and I just cant claim him of my map!! :mad::mad::mad: I decide to change my favorite levels this way so i could claim the annoying obstacle and purify my map from the hero presence...

Now the problem is that even through i managed to make the hero lair possible to attack but my imps just could not convert it to red.. :( it jump on it and all but nothing happen.. :(

what to do??? :(:(:(

(Btw ill like to know how to make it common for all levels i mean make it a default option for dk..)

Thx in advance!:D

Hero Lairs can't be claimed. Period.

Madkill
September 24th, 2010, 00:42
I always hate to leave missions and levels where the creatures have just defeated an enemy. I did it a lot more on DKI, I'd kill the final enemy keeper and then re-layer and re-fortify and re-claim everything in that keepers area to make it a small portion of the main part of the dungeon where my heart is. So those creatures that come out of the portal in the enemy keepers former dungeon don't have a really long walk. I then make sure each area is properly maintained to certain point so I know those creatures are going to have a comfortable life in that area.

Keeper_Infernal
September 24th, 2010, 10:04
Darn it.. :mad:

no positive answers.. no solutions.. :(

at least answer my other question, how to make changes this way so it will be in every level i make,

for example i made the Black Knight this whey so it will have lightning attack at level 4, how to make it apply in all the levels i made and all the level ill want too make? (making the lightning thing as a default.)

Hapuga
September 24th, 2010, 11:40
Alter the Global Variables of the game. If you find a way how to do that, tell me ;)

There is no way to do that. you have to alter it manually in every map.

Keeper_Infernal
September 24th, 2010, 11:54
Sometime i just wish not to know this game from the first place.. :mad:

But now its too late, i am an addict :o

Thx for at least visiting my post :cool:

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2010, 16:06
There is no way to do that. you have to alter it manually in every map.

Actually there is. All you need to do is visit the same map with the global changes (Like the map with the Lightning to the Level 4 Black Knight) and then you'll get a message asking you to load the global settings of that map or keep the current global data. You should select the yes to loading the new global data.

Note: If you haven't saved any global data yet, then you won't get this message as it'll load the new global data automatically.

Hapuga
September 24th, 2010, 17:21
Actually there is. All you need to do is visit the same map with the global changes (Like the map with the Lightning to the Level 4 Black Knight) and then you'll get a message asking you to load the global settings of that map or keep the current global data. You should select the yes to loading the new global data.

Note: If you haven't saved any global data yet, then you won't get this message as it'll load the new global data automatically.

Yes, but if you make changes yet again, the option will overwrite. So you will have to use only 1 option, thats very inconvenient.

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2010, 17:26
Yes, but if you make changes yet again, the option will overwrite. So you will have to use only 1 option, thats very inconvenient.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. As many of the cons and flaws of the DK2 Editor... I learned this one the hard way ;_;

The best thing is not to save the other level you loaded up if you do make changes. That's the only way you can prevent losing data.

Hapuga
September 24th, 2010, 17:58
lol I remember remaking the Globals so many times due to that tricky part with saving...