PDA

View Full Version : Creature Intro Videos

Metal Gear Rex
September 24th, 2010, 20:03
While working on the Lancer, I had an idea for some kind of video with him. Then I came up with this:

Perhaps we could have a short little video of each creature, showing the benifits of them or something. (Maybe like them TF2 videos except much shorter and probably no vocals, also showing them more in action and stuff)

These could be viewed like the other videos. They could be unlocked either by completing the level they're in or completing the level before the one they're in. (The second option is to show an intro of the level and what new enemies you're up against... or what you're going to be getting :3) The question is if we have Heroes Playable. If so, probably we wouldn't see the Hero Videos unless we begin playing the Hero Side.

I'll use the idea I had for my lancer as an example.

Lancer Video

A Rogue is escaping a Hero Fortress holding a bag of gold which he apparently got from the Hero Fortress. Two thieves pursuit after him, but seem to be having trouble catching up to him. Then, there's a glimpse of the Lancer's Spear as he walks out of the Hero Fortress. The scene goes back to the chase as the Rogue is still outrunning the Thieves, mocking them. Then the scene goes back to the Lancer, who turns towards the Rogue and Thieves.

He points his lance at the three, and then charges forward on his feet. He quickly picks up speed, and runs past the Thieves in seconds, despite the distance between them. The Rogue notices this, and screams as he tries to run faster. It is no use, within moments the Lancer catches up and stabs the Rogue in the back. The Lancer's lance pops out from the Rogue's chest as blood spirts out, then the Rogue collapses to the floor as the lance is removed from his body.

The Lancer picks up the bag of gold as he begins walking back to the Hero Fortress. As he passes the Theives, he says to them, "Better luck next time."

You're thoughts on this? You like the idea? (And my video :3)

emperorjay
September 24th, 2010, 20:30
Bad ass unlocked! i think the mini video idea sounds cool, i loved the tf2 ones :)

Evi
September 24th, 2010, 21:52
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs10/f/2006/325/4/d/Pyramid_Head_Approves_by_Feitan.gif

Sire
September 25th, 2010, 02:42
I like.

It would really be awesome if there was one for every unit in the game, but that may be extremely taxing on the animation (?) department.
On the upside, it allows an excuse to use the better models more. : D

(Considering that Bluto is making the best models first, models may not be an issue. It's animating them and getting the scene right that may cause problems)

DonJoe
September 27th, 2010, 19:03
A lot of the assets to be made for high end cinematics are prefab and should be reusable. So it's mainly animation that would take time. It's a cool idea, but it might be toop early to tell if it's do-able within a reasonable timeframe.

A New Room
September 28th, 2010, 14:15
I don't really like this idea, it seems quite a cheap way of characterising Creatures and Heroes. The point is for the player to think of using creatures as a group not a one man/woman army. True they should all have their specific traits and abilities, but you shouldn't be able to win by training one creature.

Metal Gear Rex
September 28th, 2010, 22:42
I don't really like this idea, it seems quite a cheap way of characterising Creatures and Heroes. The point is for the player to think of using creatures as a group not a one man/woman army. True they should all have their specific traits and abilities, but you shouldn't be able to win by training one creature.

Of course not, this is a Dungeon Keeper game after all. This isn't premoting one man armies. All this is doing is showing the usefulness of a Creature/Hero. Note that these probably wouldn't contain a Creature/Hero defeating an army, just a single Creature/Hero or possibly 2 or 3 if they're more elite-ish. Except for maybe Horny where he'd slaughter everyone.

PS:
Wasn't there a post by that Tentacle lover? Could have sworn I logged in earlier and saw something like that.