PDA

View Full Version : Difference between regular heroes and mercenary creatures?

d4rklqrdnem3sys
September 27th, 2010, 12:51
Hi people! I'm back, and my introductory first post was here: http://www.keeperklan.com/threads/323-The-Strah-Teh-Gee-Thread

So I was wondering if there were any differences between normal heroes and mercenaries? Is a mercenary monk for example stronger than a normal brown monk? etc etc
It would be nice to know all the differences!

thx

Hapuga
September 27th, 2010, 15:07
They are absolutely identical

d4rklqrdnem3sys
September 27th, 2010, 21:19
Then what's the point in making them look different? A good idea should have been to make them less likely to be unhappy.

MeinCookie
September 28th, 2010, 01:38
But, why not? It means you can tell apart creatures you gained or captured if you have a functioning Hero Portal. Funny thing is tho, that the mercenary Elven Archer is actually a guy... but the Mentor still says 'she' whenever it alerts you to their moods ect. That was a bit of a screw up.

As far as I know their stats are identical... and if anyone knows for sure, it be Hapuga.

d4rklqrdnem3sys
September 28th, 2010, 12:49
And why? I'm new here guys so enlighten me, @Hapuga what's so special about you? :)

Metal Gear Rex
September 28th, 2010, 23:06
Then what's the point in making them look different? A good idea should have been to make them less likely to be unhappy.

This is DK2 we're talking about. Don't you know much about that game? Hardly anything is there isn't much thought out, but some of it does seem to be a fix for DK1. (When I say some, I mean some of it actually worked... the majority of its stuff to fix DK1 things were complete miserable failures like the Boulder Trap and Skeleton)

But, why not? It means you can tell apart creatures you gained or captured if you have a functioning Hero Portal. Funny thing is tho, that the mercenary Elven Archer is actually a guy... but the Mentor still says 'she' whenever it alerts you to their moods ect. That was a bit of a screw up.

As far as I know their stats are identical... and if hanyone knows for sure, it be Hapuga.

Aww, what about me? :c

Yeah they are exactly identical. There's nothing different besides a different skin. There is no Mercenary Hero creature, it just calls up the old Hero data and slaps on a new skin. That's why Frosty's Lair is so annoying, as your creatures often get unhappy due to being "in a company of creatures they hate". The Mercenaries are classified as Good because they use the same Hero Data. It is completely idiotic and really stupid (Whichever you prefer to describe it as :P) but hey... that's DK2 for ya.

And why? I'm new here guys so enlighten me, @Hapuga what's so special about you? :)

Is that "Why" directed at why they're identical and why they're not different? Well... uhh... if you still can't understand it or get a hint then... not gonna waste my time.

Hapuga is basically a DragonsLover, Metal Gear Rex, (Me :D) or Mefisto (Basically an expert for DK1) except for DK2. But I knows stuff too! D;

Warning: Block of text
For example I know that the Goblin's level 1 health is 1500. Black Knight's is 4000, Dark Angel's is 3000, and Bile Demon's is 6000. I know that the Vampire's melee damage of level 1 is 666, and the Elite Vampire's is 667. The Elite Vampire is not fearless but the normal Vampire is. King Reginald's health was increased from 6000 to 8000 in the 1.7 version. I know that the damage value input of the Spike Trap and Gas Trap is the same. At level 4, the Praying Mana Increase is at 25% instead of 100% like all other levels. I know that the level 10 health is 600% of the original. Possession is completely broken. There's a few unused attacks, Invulnerable, Chicken Arrow, Fairy's Freeze, and Dark Angel Fire Bomb. The Elite Dark Angel has a health of 8000. The Knight and Black Knight's stats are completely the same, as are the Dark Elf and Elven Archer's. Despite this, the Black Knight will always win. Ironically, it is because one of his melee animations is shorter than the Knight's, thus allowing him to attack faster. The difference between the Elven Archer and the Dark Elf is their attacks are different and the latter's animations are longer. The Dark Elf deals more damage while the Elven Archer deals less, and the Dark Elf has Knives come before the guided bolt, as the Elven Archer has guided bolt first and instead of Knives he has Grenade at level 8.

Umm... I think that's enough ;_;

MeinCookie
September 29th, 2010, 11:42
Yeah... we all know a bit about DK 2 and have all rummaged around a little in the editor. But nobody who is a regular, I think, matches Hapuga in knowledge of the DK II editor. No offense, MGR - you probably know more than me, but if someone was to know something it would be him.

Hapuga
September 29th, 2010, 12:27
Then what's the point in making them look different?

Simply for differentiation.

Hapuga is basically a DragonsLover, Metal Gear Rex, (Me ) or Mefisto (Basically an expert for DK1) except for DK2. But I knows stuff too! D;

wow didn't know I have a personal secretary. Thank you, you may now be dismissed :D

For example I know that the Goblin's level 1 health is 1500. Black Knight's is 4000, Dark Angel's is 3000, and Bile Demon's is 6000. I know that the Vampire's melee damage of level 1 is 666, and the Elite Vampire's is 667. The Elite Vampire is not fearless but the normal Vampire is. King Reginald's health was increased from 6000 to 8000 in the 1.7 version. I know that the damage value input of the Spike Trap and Gas Trap is the same. At level 4, the Praying Mana Increase is at 25% instead of 100% like all other levels. I know that the level 10 health is 600% of the original. Possession is completely broken. There's a few unused attacks, Invulnerable, Chicken Arrow, Fairy's Freeze, and Dark Angel Fire Bomb. The Elite Dark Angel has a health of 8000. The Knight and Black Knight's stats are completely the same, as are the Dark Elf and Elven Archer's. Despite this, the Black Knight will always win. Ironically, it is because one of his melee animations is shorter than the Knight's, thus allowing him to attack faster. The difference between the Elven Archer and the Dark Elf is their attacks are different and the latter's animations are longer. The Dark Elf deals more damage while the Elven Archer deals less, and the Dark Elf has Knives come before the guided bolt, as the Elven Archer has guided bolt first and instead of Knives he has Grenade at level 8.

Gee, Cap. Cant imagine how people lived without you before.

Re: Difference between regular heroes and mercenary creatures? And why? I'm new here guys so enlighten me, @Hapuga what's so special about you?

These heroes work, train, hate and fight just like the standard good heroes. The only difference is the texture.

Nothing special about me. I used to work a lot with DK2 and researched/invented some things related mostly to the DK2 "official" map editor, + some map concepts that were quite popular later (I invented the trigger mechanics for the 3d maps like shootem ups and RPG).

Metal Gear Rex
October 2nd, 2010, 15:59
Yeah... we all know a bit about DK 2 and have all rummaged around a little in the editor. But nobody who is a regular, I think, matches Hapuga in knowledge of the DK II editor. No offense, MGR - you probably know more than me, but if someone was to know something it would be him.

*sniffle*

wow didn't know I have a personal secretary. Thank you, you may now be dismissed :D

*is still waiting to be paid*

Gee, Cap. Cant imagine how people lived without you before.

I know, huh?