PDA

View Full Version : DK2 1.3 crash after intro movie

kevin
October 1st, 2010, 18:38
Hi i had the silver version of this and 1.7 update already in install and wouldnt run at all with so many different trys of fixing it. i got to this forum and on one topic someone suggest version 1.3 cus will work on vista and its got further than anything else ive tried it plays the intro movie :D wohooo but then when it finishes it crashes and says the game has stopped working ive looked on the read this before posting and the safedisc thing doesnt work at all im not exactly a pc noob i know what im doing and im close to giving up i dont know what else to do ive tried the application toolkit used to make DK1 work with forcedirectdraw that doesnt work neither does the slowcpu one ive updated graphics and sound done all the compatality crap on shortcut but nothing :S any help would be great

thanks

kevin

Hapuga
October 2nd, 2010, 12:25
There are hundreds of thousands of questions like that on the forum and they have a lot of answers.

Use "search".

kevin
October 2nd, 2010, 12:33
There are hundreds of thousands of questions like that on the forum and they have a lot of answers.

Use "search".

yes i know and ive tried everything thats been said but nothing has helped so far

kevin
October 2nd, 2010, 13:08
plus most of the intro crashes are on dkfx not dk2 so yeah please help instead of telling me to search around when thousands are gettin help

Metal Gear Rex
October 2nd, 2010, 15:49
plus most of the intro crashes are on dkfx not dk2 so yeah please help instead of telling me to search around when thousands are gettin help

If most of the crashes are in FX and not DK2, then why are you posting that in the DK2 section? He was implying you do that for DK2, not FX. You mentioned nothing FX-related, only that slight DK1 relation which isn't really implying you have problems with that game.

Also, don't double post. Edit your post next time... how many times have we said that...? >.>

kevin
October 2nd, 2010, 16:40
right maybe u dont read this is for dk2 so why else would i put this in the dk2 section???? and i dont like your attitude no need to be like that really im only asking for help and your giving me crap

edit* plus by implying most of the crashes are fx related i mean on this forum all other peoples problems on crashes are on fx not dk2 !!

Hapuga
October 2nd, 2010, 22:29
Get yourself windows 7 or XP. This will definitely help. And learn to put commas and dots in the sentences. It is hard to read you. If you want us to respect and help you, show some respect too, at least by organizing your posts correctly.

Metal Gear Rex
October 3rd, 2010, 00:31
Yes well I replied the way I did because you A) Were vague in your post and did not mention that FX Solutions came up in your search. You implied that most of your crashes were in FX with your post. And also B) You double posted. If there was time elapsed of several days or a week or something like that between the posts, I could understand (Unless you were triple posting or quadruple posting or more...) but half an hour? Come on, seriously.

I was not giving you an additude, that was all in your head.

Khashul
October 3rd, 2010, 12:34
Well I couldn't find the answer to this too. Windows XP SP3 machine, AMD Radeon 3870.

Game starts but crashes after the intro movie, also don't seem to be able to skip the movie.

Hapuga
October 3rd, 2010, 13:55
There are 5 most popular DK2 versions.

If you are interested in my specs, google "HP Compaq 8710w". + I added 2 gb ram later.

Silver eddition. v. 1.7 - Compiled by some guy, who also planned to polish it further, and planned on making a gold version, but eventually, abandoned his project. It proved to be pretty stable on XP sp 2. I think I managed to launch it on sp3, but I had loads of crashes and eventually the game would stop working. I did not test it on W7. I did not test it on w98, but I'm almost sure it will not work. It does work on w2000.

DK2 original (any version) - Original CD. Straight from the box.This was designed for w98. This works perfectly well on w2000. This could be launched (with major issues) on XP sp1. This does not load on xp sp. 2 and 3. I don't know about Vista. This works perfectly well on W7. (In fact I am the happiest panda, because after almost 10 years of trying, I finally got my favourite v. 1.51 to work!)

DK2 russian edition v. 1.3 - Russian pirates ahoy. Cannot be patched beyond 1.3. This works for w98. This works for w2000. This works for XP sp.1,2,3. A very stable release for older systems. This has issues on Vista. This does not work on W7.

DK2 cracked by someguys (1.7) - a cracked original by a random hero. Does not load on w98. works with w2000, but with crashes. works wit XP sp. 1,2. no sp 3 (90% of the time). Dont know about vista. Does not work on W7.

DK2 v. 1.73 (unstable "fix") - another fix provided by someone... Did not test on w98, 2000, XP sp. 1,2. Does not load on SP3 (some people claim it loaded). Did not try on vista. Does not load on W7.

hope it helps.

Madkill
October 6th, 2010, 23:58
All in all, turn off hardware acceleration in dxdiag if it hasn't been tried already. Then start typing like someone who wants help, rather than someone who is expecting help.