PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Fire Breath

Evil Lord Proteus
October 10th, 2010, 12:00
So just how does the Dragons Firebreath work? Does Firebreath replace the main attack power? or add to it? I never really understood how Firebreath worked, so now im asking. The Dragon is listed to have attack damage over 300 in the guides and such, but i always felt it wasnt doing much damage.

Duke Ragereaver
October 10th, 2010, 12:18
Firebreath is an independent ability and does not gain anything by having a high strength. In the case of Dragons who have a large starting strength (90!) but lack the ''Attack'' ability their only other method of attacking up close consists out of the Firebreath, which does only a meager 3 or so damage.

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2010, 13:04
Firebreath is an independent ability and does not gain anything by having a high strength. In the case of Dragons who have a large starting strength (90!) but lack the ''Attack'' ability their only other method of attacking up close consists out of the Firebreath, which does only a meager 3 or so damage.

Which is also completely broken in possession :P (Also there's the no miss thing.

DragonsLover
October 10th, 2010, 17:05
Yes, the Dragon is the only creature where his Strength (of 90 at level 1) and Dexterity (of 60 at level 1) are ignored during a fight (excepted during Training). This is due to the lack of "Melee attack" skill replaced by the Firebreath spell that does 3 points of damage at every game turn (but I guess the damage is multipilicated by 2 or 3 as the Firebreath attack duration isn't 1 game turn long, excepted maybe during Possession). However, since the Firebreath is a spell which doesn't use the Dexterity value to aim a creature accurately (which is not the case with Melee), the Firebreath ALWAYS hit.

That lack of high melee damage is compensated by Meteor and WOD where both inflict a massive amount of damage.

Which is also completely broken in possession :P

Firebreath isn't broken. A possessed creature is ALWAYS stronger than without being possessed. Same thing for their spells. I guess it was intended for the Firebreath spell to be constant. Otherwise, it would suck to massively click with the LMB to attack (poor mouse).

Metal Gear Rex
October 10th, 2010, 21:29
Firebreath isn't broken. A possessed creature is ALWAYS stronger than without being possessed. Same thing for their spells. I guess it was intended for the Firebreath spell to be constant. Otherwise, it would suck to massively click with the LMB to attack (poor mouse).

What are you talking about? You always have to click it for Melee and Spells. Yes you're always stronger but in Possession, you can stand in front of the Avatar like a normal creature, hold the button down, and he's dead pretty quickly.

Evil Lord Proteus
October 11th, 2010, 00:24
Only 3 damage? That is sorta pathetic. Worse than the Fly.

Metal Gear Rex
October 11th, 2010, 01:13

It never misses. Plus Dragons have a fairly high health and very high armor.

DragonsLover
October 11th, 2010, 02:50
What are you talking about? You always have to click it for Melee and Spells. Yes you're always stronger but in Possession, you can stand in front of the Avatar like a normal creature, hold the button down, and he's dead pretty quickly.

Yeah, but Melee and Spells do have a Reload time. Firebreath in possession doesn't (or it is extremely low). Like I said, I guess it was intended. FireBreath can perfectly be a spell that fires non-stop, not like other spells (otherwise, it would scrap the game totally). But you know, you can alter the reload time of the spell and see if there's a difference.

And the Avatar is good to train dragons with FireBreath, but to kill him, I use Meteor instead, which is faster.

Mothrayas
October 11th, 2010, 15:05

iirc it hits multiple times per use. I think it hits about four times per use, although i'm not sure if that's right.