PDA

View Full Version : A.I. enemies imprisoning.

Mistressmaster
October 15th, 2010, 19:06
Is the A.I. supposed to be able to imprison and torture? Because I remember ages ago (talking years when I first played the original campaign) that the enemy keeper dragged away a few of my creatures and tortured them. I even got a narrator message telling me my creatures were being converted. Since then though, I've never played a level where the a.i. has ever done this, is it something in the script? Because it 'would,' make created levels harder.

Metal Gear Rex
October 15th, 2010, 20:01
Is the A.I. supposed to be able to imprison and torture? Because I remember ages ago (talking years when I first played the original campaign) that the enemy keeper dragged away a few of my creatures and tortured them. I even got a narrator message telling me my creatures were being converted. Since then though, I've never played a level where the a.i. has ever done this, is it something in the script? Because it 'would,' make created levels harder.

That would be for DK2, unless you were playing DK1 with someone else. DK1 AIed Keepers do not imprison, they kill and make vampires. In order for an AI Keeper in DK1 to imprison, you need FX and a command inside of the script (Meaning it is only available on certain maps ment for FX) that sets up the enemy player to have Imprisoning set on.

Torture and converting is out of the question. The AI was never intended to do that.

DragonsLover
October 15th, 2010, 21:03
Torture and converting is out of the question. The AI was never intended to do that.

Wrong. AI can torture creatures. In fact, by playing the second level of the Ancient Keeper campaign, the first time I played it with the original DK game, I have no idea what happened, but I got some of my Vampires to be tortured in the enemy Torture Chamber. I don't know if it's because of the Teleport spell or about which owner is the room (like if the Vampires are in the room while an enemy Imp claim the room), but I got my Vampires to give informations to the AI Keeper, then they got converted to the enemy side. :eek:

Metal Gear Rex
October 15th, 2010, 22:47
Wrong. AI can torture creatures. In fact, by playing the second level of the Ancient Keeper campaign, the first time I played it with the original DK game, I have no idea what happened, but I got some of my Vampires to be tortured in the enemy Torture Chamber. I don't know if it's because of the Teleport spell or about which owner is the room (like if the Vampires are in the room while an enemy Imp claim the room), but I got my Vampires to give informations to the AI Keeper, then they got converted to the enemy side. :eek:

Then doesn't that mean that the creator went through special means to get it to work? I mean even I could put some Vampires owned by the Player on a Blue Keeper owned Torture Chamber, that doesn't mean the AI is actually knowing that it is torturing them. If I see them being healed in the Torture Chamber, I'm slightly convinced there may be some code for them (only Mefisto knows) but to pick up a creature from the Prison like a normal player and drop it down in the Torture Chamber... tell me when you see that happening.

Yes it seems impossible. Because they don't go to the Prison, however, what do you mean by "The AI wasn't intended to do that"?

DragonsLover
October 16th, 2010, 19:50
Maybe when I was playing the level, I dropped the Vampires in the Torture Chamber for them to fight, but instead, they started being tortured and at the same time, the enemy imp claimed the room, keeping my Vampires under torture. What a mistake I did!

If I see them being healed in the Torture Chamber, I'm slightly convinced there may be some code for them (only Mefisto knows) but to pick up a creature from the Prison like a normal player and drop it down in the Torture Chamber... tell me when you see that happening.

You're right on that. I have never seen enemy Keepers imprisoning, neither picking them up for torture if they were in a Prison. The AI wasn't intended to do that! Happy, now? :p

Metal Gear Rex
October 16th, 2010, 21:30
You're right on that. I have never seen enemy Keepers imprisoning, neither picking them up for torture if they were in a Prison. The AI wasn't intended to do that! Happy, now? :p

Yes. :B

dragonfist
October 18th, 2010, 15:29
I have often seen AI dropping creatures in Prison and in the Torture Chamber, in order to be tortured.
But unfortunately, only it's own creatures.

The computer help is the same as the AI from other Keepers.
I use it sometimes, and I saw AI putting all my 3 Bile Demons in the torture room, in order to discipline them. You can see AI putting it's own creatures in the torture chamber, when you attack it's torture room, while not claiming it. AI throws all it;s creatures there, is the Flag is there, and some will get tortured. Same with the prison.

AI fights for the kill only.
Not throwing enemies there is truth.
Only it's own.

Mothrayas
October 18th, 2010, 15:37
Only because it intends to drop creatures there to fight enemies, not to torture and/or imprison them. It's just an unfortunate side effect of the rooms that the A.I. isn't designed to take notice of.