PDA

View Full Version : Something I wonder about the dragon

DragonsLover
September 13th, 2009, 21:05
In the in-game texts of the game, Bullfrog considers the dragons as being "fickle" creatures which required to keep an eye on them. What do they mean by "fickle"?

Evi
September 13th, 2009, 21:10
-REMOVED-

dk2player
September 13th, 2009, 23:43
I think they meant that they are weak and brave, so they will try to attack whatever they come across. In fact, without the heal, they would probably die way to easily

JLE
September 14th, 2009, 17:50
"fickle" should mean "disloyal". As in, if you don't pay them enough, they might go to another master.

In fact, this isn't the case - dragons don't tend to cause trouble if they get angry. I suspect that this is because their "unhappy" behaviour is incorrectly set - they won't turn hostile (hero), or fight your creatures, or defect to another master. They might just head to the portal and leave.

It would be interesting if they did have the potential to defect to other Keepers if you didn't pay them: dragons are notoriously fond of gold...

Metal Gear Rex
September 14th, 2009, 20:02
Actually, they keep stealing your gold. I annoyed a dragon once before to see it happen. They keep taking all the money out of your treasury until you run out or they can't carry more (I'm not sure which) and then they leave.

DragonsLover
September 15th, 2009, 00:38
JLE and Metal Gear Rex : Yeah, each Dragon can carry up to 5000 gold in your Treasure Room when they're very angry. Dragons and Thieves are the only creatures that steal gold when annoyed. But is it what Bullfrog wanted to say? Some kind of warning to avoid them to be angry?

Evi : I know what fickle means. My question is, what does Bullfrog mean by considering the dragon as a fickle creature.

dk2player : How's that related to their fickleness?

dk2player
September 15th, 2009, 00:55
It's not, I just wanted to express my oppinion :D

Pizu_Meaku
September 15th, 2009, 21:17
I think i maybe know what i mean.

I remember playing a map of DZJEE AR and i remember level 10 Dragons (white) slowly moving to my dungeon heart. Most of my force were beaten and i was poor (made the level tough). But i remember sending all the creatures i had onto one lvl 10 dragon. to my suprise the couple level 1 dragons were converted to the landlord. :eek: I remember seeing this happen with orcs to, they look at the stronger en decide to join. IT HAPPENED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES!!! Im strongly convinced this CAN happen.

DragonsLover
September 16th, 2009, 07:38
Does DzjeeAr's levels used alternate Creature.txt/Dd1creat.txt files? Because if so, it is no longer a valid answer.

Searingflame2
September 16th, 2009, 12:11
Perhaps it is a reference to the fact that most of the dragons noises sound particularly tempermental

(eg, THE HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HISS, HISS, HOAR) kinda nonsense that goes on when you pick em up.

DzjeeAr
September 19th, 2009, 18:10
@ Pizu:

I don't recall having made a script for such old levels where something like that happens.

In fact, I don't believe it is even possible to make creatures switch allegiance on the spot.

If it was a snow level, then chances are they were simple adds that happened to pop by. If you're talking about the level that I -think- you're talking about, there were a lot of creature parties in that one.

In any case it's impossible they suddenly switched allegiance.

@ Topic:

Probably something Bullfrog never got to implement, like so many things and mistakes. Horny going crazy is a joke, keeping dragons calm is easy.

DragonsLover
September 20th, 2009, 11:24
Perhaps Dragons should become upset more easily then?

Pizu_Meaku
September 22nd, 2009, 18:33
Does DzjeeAr's levels used alternate Creature.txt/Dd1creat.txt files? Because if so, it is no longer a valid answer.

I'm pretty sure it were loose levels :) DZJEE AR used alot of not-heroes as heroes. i think its pretty testable in a quick made map :o *hint hint*

If it was a snow level, then chances are they were simple adds that happened to pop by. If you're talking about the level that I -think- you're talking about, there were a lot of creature parties in that one.

In any case it's impossible they suddenly switched allegiance.
It wasn't a snow level, i remember it was a level that took pretty long and orcs storming my dungeon. later i noticed with dragons the same thing(not sure what or when).

Krizzie
September 22nd, 2009, 18:57
I'm playing the original campaign now with a modified creatures txt but I dont know from which campaign it is...

Dragons have Melee
Horny has Armor instead of Slow
Vampires have Hail at level 9

and some stats dont go higher than 255 (so they wont get bugged)

Haven't noticed any other things yet

I really love vamps now, they arent overpowered but Hail gives them a nice boost. Dragons need some more attention in batle but aren't really annoying. So I might have to change my opinion about his thread. :P