PDA

View Full Version : Dzjee Ar´s 6 Level Pack Bug

Airandius
January 26th, 2011, 16:07
Map: Ancient Fortress (I think the second.)

Yes there are a few bugs here and there but this bug breaks the entire map.

So I start by making my dungeon, fortifying it and all and then capture the portal and fortify the area around it. My base is now fortified and can not be entered. Having one block of diamond is was rather contend.
I made no rooms nothing, I just mined all the gold and collected it by hand and suddenly the message: You conquered the land. Came along. Somehow I beat the map doing nothing but secluding myself from all enemies.

I figure that the other keeper died? Perhaps the heroes I don't know but this is somewhat map breaking and I guess you guys would like to know.

jomalin
January 26th, 2011, 16:30
Probably a savegame will help to track the issue, so we can see if they are enemies in the level or let us to manual inspecting the level

Airandius
January 28th, 2011, 13:12
I don't have a save file any more but after I kept playing the game it seems there was a level 7 avatar and two level 9 knights resting on their own separate piece of lair. (Player yellow.)

They might have been responsible if they were not allied to player blue. (As they were next to the location of the dungeon heart.
The script shows yet another issue.

Lines 266 - 270:

IF(PLAYER3,AVATAR == 0)
IF(PLAYER1,DUNGEON_DESTROYED == 1)
WIN_GAME
ENDIF
ENDIF

It seems that the avatar should be dead and that the dungeon should be destroyed. But that part of the script no longer works. As the avatar condition is ignored.
Should it not be something like:

IF(PLAYER3,AVATAR == 0)
THEN
IF(PLAYER1,DUNGEON_DESTROYED == 1)
WIN_GAME
ENDIF
ENDIF

At the very least that part is causing the issue.

(In general this entire campaign is bugged like crazy. None of the creatures have the spells they should have and they all work in a different way, which is quite annoying.)

EDIT:
It seems that player yellow and player blue are allied. Something else must have cause the dungeon to be destroyed.

Line 16

ALLY_PLAYERS(PLAYER1,PLAYER3)

EDIT:

I found what is wrong, the dungeon heart is attacked by player white (heroes) as they are not allied to player blue and yellow. (Blue and Yellow both leave them alone.)
Here are my saves, you need the save bug2.

This issue is right here:
campgns\dzjr06lv\Map00002

ALLY_PLAYERS(PLAYER1,PLAYER_GOOD)
ALLY_PLAYERS(PLAYER3,PLAYER_GOOD)

It seems that the heroes wont ally them. Which might not be possible any more.