PDA

View Full Version : So.. what's the deal with Dungeon Keeper: Online?

f0wh
January 27th, 2011, 06:03
I haven't really been up to par with any devlopment or news regarding this. I saw the trailer video though, and it looked pretty awesome (the split RTS/Underworld/overworld part).

What I really want to know though, is if it will be available for the US/Europe at all.

A New Room
January 27th, 2011, 07:47
As far as we know, it will not. Though going on the fact that Mr. Liu Dejian (The Chairman and Executive Director of NetDragon, who are making the game) said "We are confident that Dungeon Keeper Online will not only become successful in the Greater China region but also achieve remarkable results overseas." I do think it is possible that DKO would see a release if the game is successful enough in China. Though that is only speculation...

f0wh
January 27th, 2011, 22:49
That's actually quite depressing, really. I hope someone ports it to english so you can at least play on private servers.

Metal Gear Rex
January 28th, 2011, 18:50
That's actually quite depressing, really. I hope someone ports it to english so you can at least play on private servers.

Considering how bad it looks based on the screenshots and video... I really hope someone doesn't. It looks more like a disgrace to the Dungeon Keeper name than anything else. Actually, it also looks like a poor excuse for EA to make some cash.

f0wh
January 29th, 2011, 08:48
Considering how bad it looks based on the screenshots and video... I really hope someone doesn't. It looks more like a disgrace to the Dungeon Keeper name than anything else. Actually, it also looks like a poor excuse for EA to make some cash.

The video of the dungeon system wasn't bad at all. You pillage the overworld, then go back to the underworld with your newly gained resources to work on your dungeon.