PDA

View Full Version : Limit on "things", mistresses don't fire anymore, etc.

pelvix
January 31st, 2011, 13:28
Hi,

first thing I'd like to thank you for putting so much effort into to this game and making it playable on my 64bit machine.

Now on to the bad news. I'm playing version 0.38a and I must say that there is still a problem with the limit of things in a level. After some time playing it seems to hit this limit and a whole lot of things stop working. Animations in training room, torture chamber, not being able to place further doors, creature spells not firing anymore, dungeon heart not exploding after destroying it and stuff like that. You can't even possess a creature and melee an enemy door anymore which makes many levels practically unbeatable.
It has happened to me in several maps now but the worst was in ancient keeper mission 1 where the game practically came to a standstill when i wasn't able do break through any doors anymore.
Now I haven't placed any traps or more than 3 doors and the rooms aren't that big which leads me to the conclusion that it is not clearing up all remaining references to objects which aren't there anymore. It seems to slowly open up slots though as now and then a mistress would fire a single shot before being silenced once again.

Could you please look into it as it seems quite the gamestopper for me.

With best regards and thanks in advance,
Pelvix

Ogre
January 31st, 2011, 13:51
Help can be found in this thread http://www.keeperklan.com/threads/1581-Attacks-not-being-drawn.

It's a problem thats being worked on, what you can do is revert to orignial dungeon keeper, the bug is still there, but it's extremely less frequent.

jomalin
August 13th, 2012, 09:50
I think mefistotelis has done an important change in KeeperFX repository:
r502: Rewritten the function used for claiming enemy rooms. Also, prepared a macro for debugging problems related to things.

Probably this will help to solve this problem and others related to the things limit.