PDA

View Full Version : Official Editor Help.

3d1n0
February 8th, 2011, 13:02
Hi i'm new here and i have a little question. I have Official Editor and KeeperFX, the game works without problems but when i try to open the official editor, nothing happen. I have 7 X64.

Mothrayas
February 8th, 2011, 14:18
Official editor has the same issues that standard Dungeon Keeper has that make them not work on x64 PCs. Use Adikted for map editing instead.

DragonsLover
February 9th, 2011, 18:57
Not completely... I still use the official level editor to edit levels. It's supported on x64. It's just too fast, but I can live with that.

The thing you must do is to configure the editor by placing the correct files along with the executable. I guess I'll do a post-it about that to explain everything.

Airandius
February 9th, 2011, 19:24
Is there a link somewhere? The site link is broken and I would like to take a look at it.

Anyway there is one thing you can do.
It sounds silly but force your computer to drain resources by starting some programs. Set their affinity to high and set the affinity of the editor to low. It's hard to tweak but if done properly I think it's possible to slow down the application.

3d1n0
February 11th, 2011, 12:31
@DragonsLover I placed the files on the correct directory with folders and ecc ecc, but when i try to open it, nothing happen.

Polantaris
February 12th, 2011, 13:16
Is there a link somewhere? The site link is broken and I would like to take a look at it.

Anyway there is one thing you can do.
It sounds silly but force your computer to drain resources by starting some programs. Set their affinity to high and set the affinity of the editor to low. It's hard to tweak but if done properly I think it's possible to slow down the application.

Have you tried using a frame limiter? I've had those works on a number of programs in the past. Sounds like it just renders WAY too much so it goes crazy.

Airandius
February 12th, 2011, 13:41
Have you tried using a frame limiter? I've had those works on a number of programs in the past. Sounds like it just renders WAY too much so it goes crazy.

I donĀ“t even have the editor lol.