View Full Version : KeeperFX 0.38a bug with Horned Reapers in level 20

jomalin
February 9th, 2011, 00:22
Horned Reapers never create their lair in level 20

EDIT:
Here it is the savegame

Metal Gear Rex
February 9th, 2011, 00:59
I hope I don't have to quote myself from the other thread now...

jomalin
February 14th, 2011, 22:55
I confirm this also happen in 0.38b. The Horned Reaper in Morkardar level (first level of Deeper Dungeons) locked in a room never build his lair.

mefisto, do you know something?

EDIT:
OK. Now I know when this happen, I attach a savegame next to break the door to get the Horned Reaper to reproduce this. If you take the Horned Reaper when you break the door, before he creates his lair and you keep him in the hand, and you wait him to get angry, now you can leave him and he will never build his lair. However, if you don't touch the Horned Reaper when you get him breaking the door, he will create his lair correctly

Metal Gear Rex
February 14th, 2011, 23:34
EDIT:
OK. Now I know when this happen, I attach a savegame next to break the door to get the Horned Reaper to reproduce this. If you take the Horned Reaper when you break the door, before he creates his lair and you keep him in the hand, and you wait him to get angry, now you can leave him and he will never build his lair. However, if you don't touch the Horned Reaper when you get him breaking the door, he will create his lair correctly

*sigh* That's not a bug, that's his Mad Psycho anger job acting up. He won't listen to you at all once he gets angry and activates that.

Airandius
February 15th, 2011, 00:08
I've seen them making lairs even if they go major psycho. They would kill any creature near them or is that another kind of psycho job.

jomalin
February 15th, 2011, 00:17
Not exactly, you can have an angry Horned Reaper without his lair and he will create it. That is how you can reproduce it:

If you leave the Horned Reaper create his lair, wait him to get angry, and now sell (destroy) his lair, he will create another one (and he is currently angry). I attach a savegame having me destroyed his lair, and having him angry, if you leave him under the lair I created, he will build his "home" on it. So that confirm what I said: if the first time you get him you wait him to get angry having not built his lair, he will never create it.

So, having the Horned Reaper angry, doesn't mean he can't create his lair

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2011, 00:24
I've seen them making lairs even if they go major psycho. They would kill any creature near them or is that another kind of psycho job.

There are two jobs that involve killing enemies, "Kill Creatures" and "Mad Psycho". The former will have the creature attack a single ally, and is curble. Mad Psycho will practically transform the creature into an enemy. Horned Reaper is the only one with Mad Psycho by default.

When he gets angry, he won't immediately go rampage. He'll stop for a moment before actually going into rampage. During that moment, he won't do anything unless you tell him to. Once he goes Mad Psycho, as far as I know, he won't do any normal jobs at all. Been a while since I had gotten a Horned Reaper angry though.

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Not exactly, I have tried another thing:

If you leave the Horned Reaper create his lair, wait him to get angry, and now sell (destroy) his lair, he will create another one (and he is currently angry). I attach a savegame having me destroyed his lair, and having him angry, if you leave him under the lair I created, he will build his "home" on it. So that confirm what I said: if the first time you get him you wait him to get angry having not built his lair, he will never create it.

So, having the Horned Reaper angry, doesn't mean he can't create his lair

Well it still might not neccesarily be a bug. I guess Mefisto will have to confirm that. It could have been present in the original though.

mefistotelis
February 15th, 2011, 06:54
Will check.

jomalin
February 16th, 2011, 00:06
Will check.

I have checked it for you. I played the Morkardar level of the original Deeper Dungeons under Dosbox 0.74 and the Horned Reaper allways create his lair, even if he is angry. I attach a zip file with two DD savegames, one next to get the Horned Reaper (creatures are breaking the door to that) and the other with the Horned Reaper already angry (you must only wait to get him like that). As you can see, he creates his lair. So this confirm there is a bug in KeeperFX.

NOTE: The savegames I provide are only for the original Deeper Dungeons, not for KeeperFX

EDIT: This is a little confusing, not always Deeper Dungeons have the same behaviour with the Horned Reaper I think. I invite you all to test the savegames